My Omnia freezes

Guest bellzii

Guest bellzii

Last week I downloaded the file :Mobidiv WM6.1 install FIX.cab from the thread

http://www.samsung-omnia.org/how-to/how-do...g-omnia/msg366/

And after restarting my omnia it shows the green screen of Windows mobile and then it freezes, tried reseting it using the call+ end and restart to format but in vain.

I tried connecting it to the computer but even the computer didnt display the omnia folder .

Do I need like to flash the ROM ?

By the way there is something that is confusing me doesnt the ROM mean read only memory so how could we be changing it, and will I need like to install the windows on my mobile!!!!

I'd really appreciate any help.

Thanks in advance

What do you mean by "in vain"?

Have you successfully do the hard reset ? (Push Power+Call+End all together, will show the hard reset menu)

If yes, then you need to flash it. Install Samsung Modem driver and Use the custom ROMs.

Yes, ROM is read only memory, simply a sw package which must be installed only by flash it. You can't alter this package when using it as PDA/Phone (well, actually Rescoe Explorer can alter some file in ROM)

Guest bellzii
What do you mean by "in vain"?

Have you successfully do the hard reset ? (Push Power+Call+End all together, will show the hard reset menu)

If yes, then you need to flash it. Install Samsung Modem driver and Use the custom ROMs.

Yes, ROM is read only memory, simply a sw package which must be installed only by flash it. You can't alter this package when using it as PDA/Phone (well, actually Rescoe Explorer can alter some file in ROM)

The hard reset doesnt work , the phone doesnt even recognise anything different.Is there a way of clearing everything on the phone and starting from scratch....i mean installing windows and formating the phone..by connecting it to the computer