Windows Mobile 6.5 coming out on October 6th

Guest mario.omnia

do u think the final version will be a build like 23041 , newer or and older build?

Older build, 23XXX series is considered Windows Mobile 6.5.1 and is expected to be released next February 2010.

Older build, 23XXX series is considered Windows Mobile 6.5.1 and is expected to be released next February 2010.

I read somewhere here that the 21820 is probably the final build for WM6.5, the whole 23xxx branch is experimental, early stage 6.5.1

Guest mario.omnia

anyways...it'll be out soon...

can't wait for chefs at modaco to port it to omnia...

it'll be final then...

so everyone could move on to 6.5 kitchen cooking...

6.1 is stable and all but time for 6.5 has arrived...

i bet MS got embarrassed by the work sector, kuanchai, shokka and others did...

is this coming official in omnia ?

Yesterday one of the users of Russian 4PDA.ru forum was in MS Saint Petersburg Representative office and took part in talks on WinPhone (i.e. WinMob 6.5) Official release. As MS officials said, WinPhone commercial release in Russian will be announced in two weeks, and Samsung payed for update on i900. So, English MS version of WinPhone will be released NO LATER, I suppose. WinPhone for Samsung i900 will be ready around late September (Russian version - about two weeks later).

Guest rafi300
Yesterday one of the users of Russian 4PDA.ru forum was in MS Saint Petersburg Representative office and took part in talks on WinPhone (i.e. WinMob 6.5) Official release. As MS officials said, WinPhone commercial release in Russian will be announced in two weeks, and Samsung payed for update on i900. So, English MS version of WinPhone will be released NO LATER, I suppose. WinPhone for Samsung i900 will be ready around late September (Russian version - about two weeks later).

"Did I see that correctly? Samsung PAYED M$ for an upgrade for I900??

If thats true... The Samsung i900 community will be officially LIVE for sometime to come than.. :-)

if that is true then it will be the best investment in a phone that i made in along time, in terms of support and services.. specially providing a soon 2 year old model with a new OS version upgrade.

If this goes in that direction then i wouldnt change from which manufacturer i buy my phones...will stick with samsung for some time then......

Guest gianton

That's great news for all of OMNIA users!

Guest Chad Petree
I read somewhere here that the 21820 is probably the final build for WM6.5, the whole 23xxx branch is experimental, early stage 6.5.1

How estable is that version?

Edited by Chad Petree