Omnia II soft Ring for initial few seconds

Guest draakon

I have a similar problem to the above discussion except I cant get a ringer at all - I have WM 6.5 - J6 as my OS and it worked for 1 day now no matter what I do - Including the above reg edit - I cant get a ringer on my phone - all other sound works fine including selecting a ringer? Any help would be appricated.

thanks

Guest kohanson
I have a similar problem to the above discussion except I cant get a ringer at all - I have WM 6.5 - J6 as my OS and it worked for 1 day now no matter what I do - Including the above reg edit - I cant get a ringer on my phone - all other sound works fine including selecting a ringer? Any help would be appricated.

thanks

I have the same problem after editing the registry as I was using IJ1 formware. To solve this, you got to set back the settings to default.

Guest draakon
I have the same problem after editing the registry as I was using IJ1 formware. To solve this, you got to set back the settings to default.

Can someone list the default settings for me so I can set it back or is there a way to do this just for the sound settings with resco?

Guest awarner (MVP)

draakon

In HKCU\ControlPanel\SoundCategories\Attenuation I have the following DWORD entries (ROM XXII9)

Name 0 DWORD Data 0

Name 1 DWORD Data 4

Name 2 DWORD Data 4

Name 3 DWORD Data 0

Guest draakon
draakon

In HKCU\ControlPanel\SoundCategories\Attenuation I have the following DWORD entries (ROM XXII9)

Name 0 DWORD Data 0

Name 1 DWORD Data 4

Name 2 DWORD Data 4

Name 3 DWORD Data 0

Nope still not working - I cant figure out whats happened for the life of me - I might just have to reflash but that means reinstalling everything :)

Guest pompoko
In HKCU\ControlPanel\SoundCategories\Attenuation

Make DWORD value name: 5 value : 1

Than

In HKCU\ControlPanel\SoundCategories\Ring AttenuationCategory chnange to 5

Soft reset.

do not works, never ring when call incoming

Guest letoubib
do not works, never ring when call incoming

i have an original , G6 rom wm6.1, unflashed , untouched ... however ... after applying this tweak the ring now is VERY low , never even increasing , changing values back to normal did not fix it .... it has nothing to do with the flashing ... may b something we installed ? may b it s some rom builds ????? p.s. : i have s2u2 , could this be related ??? uninstalling it didnt fix the problem , yet this doesn't exclude the possibility ?????

Edited by letoubib

Guest tacchan23
i have an original , G6 rom wm6.1, unflashed , untouched ... however ... after applying this tweak the ring now is VERY low , never even increasing , changing values back to normal did not fix it .... it has nothing to do with the flashing ... may b something we installed ? may b it s some rom builds ????? p.s. : i have s2u2 , could this be related ??? uninstalling it didnt fix the problem , yet this doesn't exclude the possibility ?????

The registry tweak I posted here (a bit different than the one posted in this thread) used to work for me when I was on G6 rom.

Guest draakon

it happened to my phone before installing the s2u2 so I dont think its that - I installed the camera sound off cab maybe - dont know its very annoying as it was working with the 6.5 rom then stopped 1 day later (after a few tweeks but cant remember which ones now)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest touchprogeek

yeah, if someone could figure out the registry fix for this one, that would be great. My ringer, when it does come on, is constantly bouncing between high and low volume every second or two. It's VERY annoying and I miss calls because of it. Anyone have any idea?

Oh, I tried all the registry settings listed in this thread, didn't work for me either. I'm running the new Bell O2. CSC: I8000LBMCIJ6

Edited by touchprogeek

Guest chan0458
I got this elsewhere

\HKCU\ControlPanel\SoundCategories\Ring; Change the DWORD: AttenuationCategory to Value: 1

It is working also.

HI forgive me for being a noob, how do you get to "\HKCU\ControlPanel\...

i keep seeing this in all the threads but i can't seem to access it in my Omnia 2

Guest chan0458
I got this elsewhere

\HKCU\ControlPanel\SoundCategories\Ring; Change the DWORD: AttenuationCategory to Value: 1

It is working also.

i keep seeing this in all the threads but i can't seem to access it in my Omnia 2

Guest tacchan23

you need a registry editor application

Guest tacchan23
Which one is recommended by the users ? Resco or Phm Reg editor..

Resco or SKtools are not free but fingerfriendly.

PHM editor is free but better with a stylus. (lately I use it anyway couse usually I'm at home when I need to edit reigstry and I prefer to see a lot of small lines than few big entries)

Guest chan0458
Nope still not working - I cant figure out whats happened for the life of me - I might just have to reflash but that means reinstalling everything :)

You mean there is no way to eliminate this problem in XIJ9 version?

Guest tacchan23
You mean there is no way to eliminate this problem in XIJ9 version?

Yes, this registry tweak only works untill wm6.1 rom H3 or H5

No solution for later roms (other than editing the first few seconds of your ringtone file to be more loud)

Guest raymond_WM

i've tried everything, but nothing works.

made several changes to the registry, but nothing works...

i've got a B7330....

if anybody has a new suggestion....

• 3 months later...
Guest omnieyes

No solution for later roms (other than editing the first few seconds of your ringtone file to be more loud)

For what it's worth, all I did was change the ringtone to a song that started straight away. Maybe the samsung ringtones have a pause at the start rather than it being a fault of the system? Like Tacch said; get rid of that and you're sweet. I'm using wm6.5.

Cheers

Edited by omnieyes

Guest ChrisYam

hi guys try tis go to : HKCU\ControlPanel\SoundCategories\Ring

change the Dword "InitVol" value data to 5......and it solve the problem..... (its work on me <_< )