new win mo 6.5 build out. 23041

Guest kav

i just read on a forum that a new build (23041) for win mo 6.5 was out yesterday. apparently they made some improvements in making it it more responsive, faster, and they also mentioned that some bugs were resolved...??!!

and yes,, the buttons on the bottom of the screen are a bit more ovalish as compared to previous builds where they were more roundish?!

and the top icon bar has a new more "iphone" like sliding to be opened....

check it out,, i just hope that samsung will make a nice move by providing the omnia with a winmo6.5 firmware sometime after its released.

otherwise i am surely considering leaving ship and jumping to HTC with a new snap dragon processor.....

Guest shokka9

also

there is Omnia II running 6.5 (21784 or smth)

They will NOT have the new UI in their build...we are running 6.5.1; which in my opinion is already working towards WM7.

But hey, who am i???

Guest shokka9

like what u did there bro :angry:

Thanks!!

But like i said, m$ will not be releasing 23*** builds for a while on their official WM6.5 devices...

Expect the old WM6.5. Makes no odds really, coz when we start cooking for Omnia II etc, we will be using the latest builds we have...

Swings & roundabouts we call it :D

Guest SnoopyDog

But if you read on XDA-Dev

- The latest builds were deleted by Admin due to some MS copyright reasons. 23037 was kept for other reasons...

- People were reporting strange problems (e.g. CABs won't install)

Guest Nicklashidegard
But if you read on XDA-Dev

- The latest builds were deleted by Admin due to some MS copyright reasons. 23037 was kept for other reasons...

- People were reporting strange problems (e.g. CABs won't install)

i've heard of /Had no problems like that as of yet... Time will tell :D

Guys this ROM has already been cooked by the expert chefs on this site!

just look at the 6.5 ROM's.

GG

beg ur pardon.... i just cant see any chefs using the 23041 build, as of today...

it been apparently released yesterday.

could u show the link to the thread?

everyones using 23034, 23037 as latest...

Edited by kav

Guest Nicklashidegard
thnx for pointing it out...

i guess i will have to get some glasses pretty soon

You'll love the new finger friendly UI with LARGE icons!!

Sorry just joking :D

dddrko mentioned some issues in this new build of winmo. i quote:"not refreshing themes well and volume is showing when locked) but much better than few previous builds"

well he says that it is rather solid build.

I know it is not a request forum, and that it takes time , energy and probably money for making roms but if i can humbly request to some of the chefs here if please they could make a new rom using this build, like making it "lite" (regarding default apps of microsoft) but with Office,, digital frame, FM radio, photo slides, notes, share pix, smart reader, tv out viewer and M2D full and Titanium, thus allowing to install other apps as wanted...

i know its not a really lite rom,, but i use these apps on a "regular basis".

their effort and work will be as always greatly appreciated.

i have been humming around custom roms for a while now, and think that i would like to take the jump, but it is not easy to choose from different roms, as some of them has apps that i almost never use, cooked in and they cant be uninstalled thus taking up space that i would like to allocate to other apps.

i am currently running DZIA5, and have Vista as OS,, i read somewhere that i can flash in vista using granprix for vista and installing the samsung modem driver for xp on vista itself.. hope i didnt make any mistake in understanding that....

if any chef is making such a rom like i mentioned above, could u please just drop a line here so that i will know that there is a rom to which i can immediately jump.

thnx.

Guest shokka9

bro, just use one of mine (or anybody elses) LITE version...

I usually make 2 builds. One with lots of stuff, but still fairly LITE and the other with a lot less, but essentially the same build.

i will be doing 23041 next week some time.

If you want an individual ROM, please feel free to contact the chefs and ask...Donation required for this :D.

There will NEVER be a perfect build from anyone. We can try and that is all we (chefs) can do :angry:

There will NEVER be a perfect build from anyone. We can try and that is all we (chefs) can do :)

well this is still better than doing nothing and waiting for miracles to happen. :)

i think i should take some time and learn how to cook my own roms, but i would like to test them on a VM for win mo before flashing it to my omnia ( coz it the only mobile i have at the moment and cant afford another one right now).

can u give some advice as to what apps i need to have on my pc for the kitchen adn the testing as well?

very much appreciate ur help.

well this is still better than doing nothing and waiting for miracles to happen. :)

i think i should take some time and learn how to cook my own roms, but i would like to test them on a VM for win mo before flashing it to my omnia ( coz it the only mobile i have at the moment and cant afford another one right now).

can u give some advice as to what apps i need to have on my pc for the kitchen adn the testing as well?

very much appreciate ur help.

my 23041 was out 2 days ago!! http://www.modaco.com/content/i910-specifi...-m2d-lite-v1-5/

and yes when they drop 6.5 in October our roms will be about 100 builds past that!!!!

Guest Nicklashidegard
23409 ??? :)

Thats like a huge jump... 400 Builds lolx

Different branch, think it's com4, not com3..

They try slightly different things, and vary slightly