restore original firmware

Guest PuijkeN

Guest PuijkeN

Hi people,

I would like to sell my phone because I'm going to make the jump to Iphone. The Omnia has given me a lot of pleasure, but also a lot of moments I had the feeling I would to crush it :)

Now, I've been running great custom rom's from here for quite some time. But I would like to restore to a Belgian rom again. Now, the problem is, when I go to the Samsung site, I can only find these MLI files. And I don't know how to get these on my phone.

Does anyone have experience with this and could they thell me how I can do this ? Thx in advance, it will be a real help !

Guest kennethchia
Hi people,

I would like to sell my phone because I'm going to make the jump to Iphone. The Omnia has given me a lot of pleasure, but also a lot of moments I had the feeling I would to crush it :)

Now, I've been running great custom rom's from here for quite some time. But I would like to restore to a Belgian rom again. Now, the problem is, when I go to the Samsung site, I can only find these MLI files. And I don't know how to get these on my phone.

Does anyone have experience with this could they thell me how I can do this ? Thx in advance, it will be a real help !

hi friend u can go to www.samsungmobile.com download link

Guest PuijkeN
hi friend u can go to www.samsungmobile.com download link

Hmm, that definatly was a help ! :) I got the Belgian files from this website, this time in EXE format. :) :) But when I try to install them I get the "Incorrect Version Error". I've tried setting it on Signapore but with no luck. Also when it's set to Belgium I can't seem to flash the device.

Anyone with another golden tip ? :)

Guest Morad kassem
Hmm, that definatly was a help ! :) I got the Belgian files from this website, this time in EXE format. :) :) But when I try to install them I get the "Incorrect Version Error". I've tried setting it on Signapore but with no luck. Also when it's set to Belgium I can't seem to flash the device.

I have the solution but it's tricky, & it's under your full resposibility.

1. Extract the EXE original file downloaded from Samsung, lots of files will appear keep the larger one which named i900*****_upgrader_xp.exe.
  2. Load the file using i900_EXEcutor.exe attached below.
  3. Select Disassemble tab, a list of the file contents will appear after some loading, (PC_Loader, EBOOT, PDA, CSC & Phone .img files) as below those are the rom, all you have to do is to click on GO button to extract those files. after longer loading period you'll end up with folder contains (Eboot.NB0, PDA.BIN, Phone.BIN & Customer.CSC) those files are stored in the Samsung official upgrading tool which requires some specifications when you try to use & always end up with incorrect version as it checks the phone registry & heavy stuff.
  4. Then use the Assemble tab to re-assemble the files you got (Eboot.NB0, PDA.BIN, Phone.BIN & Customer.CSC) & they will be stored in an EXE file which won't require the Samsung specifications, will only work after you shut down your phone & plug the USB cable & start the phone as normal flashing & enjoy.
Screen1.bmp

Screen2.bmp

i900_EXEcutor_2.1.rar

I've tested the sequence my self & works as a charm.

Thanks to Pakko777 for the great tool.

Edited by Morad kassem

Flash an old version of ROM, I use the DXHH3 from Paul's pinned thread (for Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia only) then flash it again with the official Samsung updater.

Guest voornaam3884

I followed the difficult procedure and used the Executor. I was able to extract the original samsung firmware .exe with winrar in it i found a large exe file named updater.exe. I loaded updater.exe into executor disassembled and reassembled into a new exe file.

I was able to flash the new self assembled .exe file. The phone rebooted and there where 5 dots showing up. The phone was bricked.

I still had the tried out 6.5 rom so i ran that .exe file from the 6.5 rom, took out the phone batteries and pluged it in again. The samsung modem driver detected the phone and i was able to flash the 6.5 rom.

Now i am stuck with the 6.5 rom again, and my phone was almost bricked.

How please help. firmware XKHJ3 was the original, same problem samsung updater says 'incorrect software version'

keywords flash back original samsung omnia firmware.

I followed the difficult procedure and used the Executor. I was able to extract the original samsung firmware .exe with winrar in it i found a large exe file named updater.exe. I loaded updater.exe into executor disassembled and reassembled into a new exe file.

I was able to flash the new self assembled .exe file. The phone rebooted and there where 5 dots showing up. The phone was bricked.

I still had the tried out 6.5 rom so i ran that .exe file from the 6.5 rom, took out the phone batteries and pluged it in again. The samsung modem driver detected the phone and i was able to flash the 6.5 rom.

Now i am stuck with the 6.5 rom again, and my phone was almost bricked.

How please help. firmware XKHJ3 was the original, same problem samsung updater says 'incorrect software version'

keywords flash back original samsung omnia firmware.

http://www.mediafire.com/?yh91rc5wjnl

This is the southeast asia version original rom cracked. Forget where I found it. But took me awhile to upload it. It helps me solved the 'incorrect software version' prblm :)

Guest totocotu
  1. Extract the EXE original file downloaded from Samsung, lots of files will appear keep the larger one which named i900*****_upgrader_xp.exe.
  3. Select Disassemble tab, a list of the file contents will appear after some loading, (PC_Loader, EBOOT, PDA, CSC & Phone .img files) as below those are the rom, all you have to do is to click on GO button to extract those files. after longer loading period you'll end up with folder contains (Eboot.NB0, PDA.BIN, Phone.BIN & Customer.CSC) those files are stored in the Samsung official upgrading tool which requires some specifications when you try to use & always end up with incorrect version as it checks the phone registry & heavy stuff.
  4. Then use the Assemble tab to re-assemble the files you got (Eboot.NB0, PDA.BIN, Phone.BIN & Customer.CSC) & they will be stored in an EXE file which won't require the Samsung specifications, will only work after you shut down your phone & plug the USB cable & start the phone as normal flashing & enjoy.
Screen1.bmp

Screen2.bmp

i900_EXEcutor_2.1.rar

I've tested the sequence my self & works as a charm.

Thanks to Pakko777 for the great tool.

Dear all,

I need some information in order to avoid making a procedural mistake.

At the moment, I have the rom DXID1 and I would like to come back to the original belgian rom CEHJ2. As it seems to be quite impossible with the original Samsung installer, I'm trying to use the EXecutor. Hence, I disassembled and reassembled in a new exe file.

Now, before sending it to the phone, I would like to clarify 2 points:

1) When I disassembled, there were 2 EBOOT.NBO files and I presume that when I reassembled it took only 1 of them. Is it normal?

2) I know that the belgian rom is a multilanguage rom, but when I disassemble and reassemble I don't see any "multilang.bin" file. Is it normal?

Thanks in advance for your help

Edited by totocotu

Guest voornaam3884
Now, before sending it to the phone, I would like to clarify 2 points:

1) When I disassembled, there were 2 EBOOT.NBO files and I presume that when I reassembled it took only 1 of them. Is it normal?

2) I know that the belgian rom is a multilanguage rom, but when I disassemble and reassemble I don't see any "multilang.bin" file. Is it normal?

Thanks in advance for your help

I had the same problem when i disassembled the dutch XKHJ3 rom, this original rom is multilanguage too, when i reassembled and flashed the rom the phone looked bricked, it was for sure missing the language files. Can i reassemble the rom in another way?

When i disasembled an original singapore rom from the samsung site, and reassembled and flashed it, it was simply working as a charm.

Guest voornaam3884

I used i900 Executor to disassemble the original dutch XKHJ3 firmware, i got the following files.

eboot.b0

eboot_2.nb0

MS_FAT32.img

pda.bin

phone.bin

customer.csc

Start End length Name section

---------------------------------------

00000000 00069FFF 0006A000 [434176] - OS_Updater.exe

0006A000 001D374E 0016974F [1480527] - eboot.nb0

001D374F 0033CE9D 0016974F [1480527] - eboot_2.nb0

0033CE9E 070F0C98 06DB3DFB [115031547] - pda.bin

070F0C99 070F6498 00005800 [22528] - customer.csc

070F6499 07A76498 00980000 [9961472] - MS_FAT32.img

07A76499 08AAC498 01036000 [16998400] - phone.bin

Next i assemble the file again, but the multilangual.bin file is missing, however the dutch XKHJ3 is a multilanguage rom.

I flashed the resulting reassembled file, but the phone bricked at boot, showing the dots after the samsung logo.

I know when i flashed an original update from samsung the phone booted up and asked 'choose your language' and i think i need the multilangual.bin file wich however is not disassembled.

How can i totally extract the original XKHJ3 firmware can't it be the MS_FAT32.img ???

To unbrick the phone i used i900 Executor to disassemble an original samsung singapore firware file, i assembled it again, flashed it because the bricked phone was recognized, and it worked like a charm.

However i want to be able to flash to a forced dutch multilangual XKHJ3 firmware again. Hope i someone can help.

Guest voornaam3884

I finally was able to reassemble the original dutch XKHJ3 ROM with i900 Executor 2.3 see here how i did it and read the whole i900 Executor topic including current topic.

http://www.modaco.com/content-page/286865/...0/#entry1081649

Thank you Pako it worked i am on dutch XKHJ3 ROM again.

handleiding flashen naar originele rom samsung omnia.

1. Extract the EXE original file downloaded from Samsung with WINRAR, lots of files will appear keep the larger one which named i900*****_upgrader_xp.exe.

3. Select Disassemble tab, a list of the file contents will appear after some loading, (PC_Loader, EBOOT, PDA, CSC & Phone .img files) as below those are the rom, all you have to do is to click on GO button to extract those files. after longer loading period you'll end up with folder contains (Eboot.NB0, PDA.BIN, Phone.BIN & Customer.CSC & StorageFAT_5.bin (wich is actually multilang.bin) ) those files are stored in the Samsung official upgrading tool which requires some specifications when you try to use & always end up with incorrect version as it checks the phone registry & heavy stuff.

4. Then use the Assemble tab to re-assemble the files you got (Eboot.NB0, PDA.BIN, Phone.BIN & Customer.CSC & StorageFAT_5.bin (wich is actually multilang.bin) ) & they will be stored in an EXE file which won't require the Samsung specifications, will only work after you shut down your phone & plug the USB cable & start the phone as normal flashing & enjoy.

Download i900 Executor 2.3

http://www.modaco.com/content/i900-general.../i900-executor/

In case your phone is bricked with the famous red dots, you can still flash your phone using the original Singapore firmware downloaded from the Samsung site using the same procedure but without multilang.bin.

I used VMWARE virtual XP machine under windows 7 (or vista) to flash the resulting assembled EXE file.

Remember when you have to select multilang.bin you must select the file StorageFAT_5.bin

Edited by voornaam3884

• 3 weeks later...
Guest totocotu
I finally was able to reassemble the original dutch XKHJ3 ROM with i900 Executor 2.3 see here how i did it and read the whole i900 Executor topic including current topic.

http://www.modaco.com/content-page/286865/...0/#entry1081649

Thank you Pako it worked i am on dutch XKHJ3 ROM again.

handleiding flashen naar originele rom samsung omnia.

1. Extract the EXE original file downloaded from Samsung with WINRAR, lots of files will appear keep the larger one which named i900*****_upgrader_xp.exe.

3. Select Disassemble tab, a list of the file contents will appear after some loading, (PC_Loader, EBOOT, PDA, CSC & Phone .img files) as below those are the rom, all you have to do is to click on GO button to extract those files. after longer loading period you'll end up with folder contains (Eboot.NB0, PDA.BIN, Phone.BIN & Customer.CSC & StorageFAT_5.bin (wich is actually multilang.bin) ) those files are stored in the Samsung official upgrading tool which requires some specifications when you try to use & always end up with incorrect version as it checks the phone registry & heavy stuff.

4. Then use the Assemble tab to re-assemble the files you got (Eboot.NB0, PDA.BIN, Phone.BIN & Customer.CSC & StorageFAT_5.bin (wich is actually multilang.bin) ) & they will be stored in an EXE file which won't require the Samsung specifications, will only work after you shut down your phone & plug the USB cable & start the phone as normal flashing & enjoy.

Download i900 Executor 2.3

http://www.modaco.com/content/i900-general.../i900-executor/

In case your phone is bricked with the famous red dots, you can still flash your phone using the original Singapore firmware downloaded from the Samsung site using the same procedure but without multilang.bin.

I used VMWARE virtual XP machine under windows 7 (or vista) to flash the resulting assembled EXE file.

Remember when you have to select multilang.bin you must select the file StorageFAT_5.bin

Merci Voornaam3884 - Wel bedankt - Thanks a lot

It works

Edited by totocotu

Thanks Steven He

Thanks to your file I didn't had to make all the difficult procedure.

I works

Looks like a great upload. But can I also use it with Vista?