No SD Card/USB access, execept from bootloader

Guest muyan

Major problem as a result of an unsuccessful attempt to permanently installing the recovery image.

The result is that Android now reports that the SD card is not present (I've tried 3 different cards), and the USB mode allowing adb is no longer available – the USB interface is not recognised (except from the bootloader).

I can flash stock firmwares from my SD card using Hboot or from RUU packages using USB by manually booting the bootloader, thus the interfaces themselves are working.

I have attempted to clean wipe the entire device, updating/downgrading and even installing the newest 2.73.405.5 ROM did not resolve this issue.

I have not found anyone reporting the same problem. I am running out of ideas and could really need some help/advice on how to resolve this. Especially if someone have a better understanding of how android is booted and how the symlinks and devices are created. I am a long time Linux user, but without the ability to use the recovery image/adb, USB or SD card to patch or inspect I am currently experiencing some difficulty investigating this further.

Update:

I've done some more digging and I think I have found the problem, however I don't know how to correct it.

Dmesg shows my kernel command as:

board_hero.disable_uart3=1 board_hero.usb_h2w_sw=1 board_hero.disable_sdcard=1 smisize=32 androidboot.baseband=6.35.06.18 androidboot.cid=HTC__Y13 androidboot.carrier=HTC-Nor androidboot.mid=HERO10000 androidboot.keycaps=qwerty androidboot.mode=normal androidboot.serialno=HT97ML906986 androidboot.bootloader=1.76.0007 no_console_suspend=1 console=null

it also lists:

trout: SD-Card interface disabled

and as a result /dev/block/vold/179:1 is never created and not mounted.

Is there a way to correct the kernel command line, or do I need to wait for a S-OFF Hboot firmware to have possibly correct this?

Edited by muyan

Same problem here. Nobody who knows how to solve this???

It's showing HBOOT version 1.76.0004

I can still boot a recovery image but when i selcet update.zip, any zip or nanroid backup it's saying "Can't mount sdcard".

Another very big problem is that the device can't read any sd cards even when i have booted android normaly. It's always showing that no sd card is plugged in.