Korean T*Omnia...Please help

Guest epsyltek

Guest epsyltek

Hello,

I live in Korea, and have purchased the Omnia phone, model SCH-M495 which is sold on the local market. I've tried to use replace PDA rom which is Korean with an English version as explained in one of the topics using an official updater, but got an incorrect version error. Using the key pad, tried to enter the AdminSettings by typing *#1546792*# (and *#*#1546792 as stated on some korean blogs), but nothing happened. Then, tried to replace rom using Grandprix software, but ended up going to the service center as it wouldn't boot.

System details:

Model: M495

Version - PDA: CG02

Version - Phone: CE18

My questions are:

1) What is the correct way of entering the system codes on a touch screen? Slowly, fast? Is it necessary to press any buttons before or after the code? Perhaps it is necessary to change registry strings?

2) Is there any other way to enter AdminSettings?

3) Is there a way, at all, to have English WM6.1 on my phone?

--

Thank you.

Edited by epsyltek

Guest Morad kassem
Hello,

I live in Korea, and have purchased the Omnia phone, model SCH-M495 which is sold on the local market. I've tried to use replace PDA rom which is Korean with an English version as explained in one of the topics using an official updater, but got an incorrect version error. Using the key pad, tried to enter the AdminSettings by typing *#1546792*# (and *#*#1546792 as stated on some korean blogs), but nothing happened. Then, tried to replace rom using Grandprix software, but ended up going to the service center as it wouldn't boot.

System details:

Model: M495

Version - PDA: CG02

Version - Phone: CE18

My questions are:

1) What is the correct way of entering the system codes on a touch screen? Slowly, fast? Is it necessary to press any buttons before or after the code? Perhaps it is necessary to change registry strings?

2) Is there any other way to enter AdminSettings?

3) Is there a way, at all, to have English WM6.1 on my phone?

--

Thank you.

This thread or forum actually is dedicated for Omnia SGH I90X, I900 or I908,

You mentioned that your phone is Omnia phone, model SCH-M495 which is other than Samsung Omnia SGH-I900, so the admin settings won't work.

Guest epsyltek
You mentioned that your phone is Omnia phone, model SCH-M495 which is other than Samsung Omnia SGH-I900, so the admin settings won't work.

The only difference is the model name. Everything else is exactly the same, as SGH-I900 phones are the export versions (running under GSM networks) of SCH-M490/495 which run under WCDMA 3G network.

Guest Morad kassem

The only difference is the model name. Everything else is exactly the same, as SGH-I900 phones are the export versions (running under GSM networks) of SCH-M490/495 which run under WCDMA 3G network.

The O/S of the phone consists of 4 items to let the things run:

1- PDA.BIN this is the system, xip, lang ..etc.

2- Customer.CSC it's a configuration file holds XML codes in specific location to run specific registers to let the WM work smoothly with the other applications.

3- EBOOT.NB0 it's a boot able image of the device which holds the booting files of the wm version you are running in addition to the phone needed files to boot.

4- Phone.BIN this is the phone part, manufacturer system file holds the localization, settings for the radio & network, wifi, all the hardware in the phone which is different in your phone than the regular I900.

We can dig deeper by providing an official rom for the T* Omnia SCH-M495 & extract it to get the parts & see if it's the same.

Also provide screen shots from the about screen & the version screen located in the system folder.

Guest epsyltek
Also provide screen shots from the about screen & the version screen located in the system folder.

Yes, I know that ROM consists of 4 parts, and I'd like to replace the PDA part only, so that other configurations and operator settings remain unchanged.

I've attached the version screen shot and what I believe is the about screen. If you are asking for other imanges, please let me know.

post-582023-1252317887_thumb.png

post-582023-1252317910_thumb.png

Guest FutureDirt

This is not correct.

The T*Omnia has a WVGA resolution whilst the i900 is only WQVGA.

The T*Omnia also has built in DMB Tuner which Omnia doesnt have.

They are different devices.

Guest Morad kassem
This is not correct.

The T*Omnia has a WVGA resolution whilst the i900 is only WQVGA.

The T*Omnia also has built in DMB Tuner which Omnia doesnt have.

They are different devices.

May be http://www.pdamobiz.com/ have some cooked ROMs for T* Omnia, i really don't no as i can't read Korean.

Edited by Morad kassem