Help, i think ive bricked my HTC Hero

Guest samhealey17

Guest samhealey17

Hi Guys,

I really need your help.

I went and got myself the new HTC Hero (G2) on t-mobile about 2 weeks ago - since i have got it i have been doing loads of research and stuff in to the device and started to have a play around with it last night.... the first thing i did was install CyanogenMod v1.4 + JF Recovery Image just incase summin bad happens (ironic really) and then took a nandroid backup .

I then went ahead and installed the MoDaCo ROM..... I then thought i'd try another ROM just to see how easy it is (or isn't) to load them..... but something has gone wrong somewhere.... after i loaded CyanogenMod's custom ROM i cannot get passed the G2 Touch boot screen..... nothing seems to work.

I have wiped the device several times and formatted the sdcard several times and tried to restore from the nandroid backup but nothing has worked.

Any ideas guys?

Cheers,

Sam

Hi Sam,

Have you tried restoring your backup? If not installing the original/ or a custom ROM should get round this problem with a bit of luck.

BTW: If you hold down home & power on you can still get to the menu can't you?

Fully

Guest justbabu
I then went ahead and installed the MoDaCo ROM..... I then thought i'd try another ROM just to see how easy it is (or isn't) to load them..... but something has gone wrong somewhere.... after i loaded CyanogenMod's custom ROM i cannot get passed the G2 Touch boot screen..... nothing seems to work.

I thought Cyanogen's ROMs were for the Dream/G1 and Sapphire/Magic. How would the ROMs even load?

Guest arclife
I thought Cyanogen's ROMs were for the Dream/G1 and Sapphire/Magic. How would the ROMs even load?

that's what i thought too.

but holding home and power should put the phone into the recovery image and let you put the right ROM on there.

• 4 weeks later...