BW WM7 Black and Blue Windows Phone 6.5 ROM Final

Guest blazingwolf

Guest blazingwolf
First let me say I have been using your roms for a long time and love them. Keep up the great work!

Just installed 23053 and am running into an issue restoring a backup made with SPB backup. Specifically, \cemail.vol cannot be restored. I used total commander to remove read only attributes but that didn't help. I can't delete it using file explorer or total commander either.

Any ideas? It's never had an issue restoring backups with any of your other roms.

Hmm, I wonder if it has to do with the kitchen WoZZer made. I will look in to this and see if I can find a fix.

Guest brianberg05

Has any one else run across this or figured out a fix? I know you can turn off the account picker in the messaging options, but it still does not take you directly to a new message for the selected contact.

Here's something interesting I noticed with the 23052 build rom.

When you hit the "contacts" soft key, select a contact and then select "text message", rather than taking you to a new message for that contact, you are taken to the "messaging" page where it lists text message, email accounts, mms, and setup email. So in essence, the only way to send a text message to someone that is not in your text message history or threaded texts is to open "text messages" and then the "menu" soft key and then "new" and then the "menu" soft key again and finally "add recipient" in order to get to your list of contacts so that you can choose one for the message. Very strange and a lot more button presses. I never sent messages in this way so it really stopped me in my tracks when my way no longer worked.

Anyone else notice this?

Guest midiwriter
Here's something interesting I noticed with the 23052 build rom.

When you hit the "contacts" soft key, select a contact and then select "text message", rather than taking you to a new message for that contact, you are taken to the "messaging" page where it lists text message, email accounts, mms, and setup email. So in essence, the only way to send a text message to someone that is not in your text message history or threaded texts is to open "text messages" and then the "menu" soft key and then "new" and then the "menu" soft key again and finally "add recipient" in order to get to your list of contacts so that you can choose one for the message. Very strange and a lot more button presses. I never sent messages in this way so it really stopped me in my tracks when my way no longer worked.

Anyone else notice this?

RTT13 thank you for bringing this to light.....this started happening to me about 2 or 3 builds ago....never seen it mentioned before. Hopefully someone at MS is aware and fixing this as it is very annoying.

(BTW I tried using Resco Contact Manager and the same thing happened.)

Edited by midiwriter

Guest Stealth Pope

Hey BW, I have two questions, I seem to have lost all haptic feedback on this ROM. My settings are set to have it, but nothing happens. Did I miss something from an earlier post?

Secondly,

You posted about removing the scroll bar from the black dialer through advance config, and that it would do it on all interfaces then. So does a person either have a choice of scroll bar on everything or no scroll bar at all just to get rid of it on the dialer?

Thanks for the hard work.

Guest blazingwolf
Has any one else run across this or figured out a fix? I know you can turn off the account picker in the messaging options, but it still does not take you directly to a new message for the selected contact.

Never really noticed this before. I wonder what changed? :)

Guest blazingwolf
Hey BW, I have two questions, I seem to have lost all haptic feedback on this ROM. My settings are set to have it, but nothing happens. Did I miss something from an earlier post?

Secondly,

You posted about removing the scroll bar from the black dialer through advance config, and that it would do it on all interfaces then. So does a person either have a choice of scroll bar on everything or no scroll bar at all just to get rid of it on the dialer?

Thanks for the hard work.

Vibration only ever worked for me in the keyboard and it is still there. Were you able to get it on all screens? If you want haptic for the whole OS then install Touch Response.

I have stopped including the Omnia dialer because of this issue and others. If you put the dialer back then the answer is yes.

You have to do a reg edit to get it back. It has been shown in this thread a couple of times.

Can you point me to the reg edit, I am not finding it when searching for 'calendar' or 'edit' in this thread?

Thanks again.

Guest Catrinisin

BW, Loaded the new ROM, looks great!

Question, is there any reason why the older version of AutoCallLocker is in this ROM and not the newest version? I liked the option to blank the screen when using the newer version.

Thanks, great work as always!

Guest blazingwolf
BW, Loaded the new ROM, looks great!

Question, is there any reason why the older version of AutoCallLocker is in this ROM and not the newest version? I liked the option to blank the screen when using the newer version.

Thanks, great work as always!

Only because I didn't see a new version. I'll go look again.

Guest blazingwolf
Can you point me to the reg edit, I am not finding it when searching for 'calendar' or 'edit' in this thread?

Thanks again.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Shell\Rai\:MSCALENDAR]

"1"=":MSPOUTLOOK calendar"

Guest uberwagen

Blazingwolf, I've been a lurker on this site for a long time. Finally upgraded to an Omnia a few months ago. I wanted to flash it as soon as I got it, but kept fighting the urge, one day at a time. After the CF03 upgrade, I was happy for a few days, but kept getting pulled back to check out the latest ROM. Finally, today I couldn't resist any longer. My phone was bloated and slow, and the fix was right here...I have now happily flashed and am busy tonight learning all of the changes. So far I have been very impressed. All I want to do now is tweak the start menu a little to reflect my preferences. Thanks for providing such a great ROM. I tip my hat to the chef.

Guest Catrinisin
Only because I didn't see a new version. I'll go look again.

Looks like JohKarJes recently updated it to add new features and fix some bugs. His instructions say you must uninstall the previous version if you want to install the new version. How would I go about doing that in this ROM? Manually remove the files?

If it is too much hassle I suppose I can live with this version for now.

\cemail.vol cannot be restored.

+1 with this issue. I only restore PIM data and Emails after any flash. When I try to access the file, rename or move it, it gives me an error saying 'the process cannot access the file because another process has locked a portion of the file.' Never saw this error before, don't know if it will help.

Guest blazingwolf
Blazingwolf, I've been a lurker on this site for a long time. Finally upgraded to an Omnia a few months ago. I wanted to flash it as soon as I got it, but kept fighting the urge, one day at a time. After the CF03 upgrade, I was happy for a few days, but kept getting pulled back to check out the latest ROM. Finally, today I couldn't resist any longer. My phone was bloated and slow, and the fix was right here...I have now happily flashed and am busy tonight learning all of the changes. So far I have been very impressed. All I want to do now is tweak the start menu a little to reflect my preferences. Thanks for providing such a great ROM. I tip my hat to the chef.

Glad you like the ROM. :)

Thanks BW. I was actually looking for this too

This didn't work for me. I changed the registry key and soft reset and tapping 'Calendar' still opened Thumbcal. Am I missing something?

Thanks again.

Guest blazingwolf
+1 with this issue. I only restore PIM data and Emails after any flash. When I try to access the file, rename or move it, it gives me an error saying 'the process cannot access the file because another process has locked a portion of the file.' Never saw this error before, don't know if it will help.

I will look in to it.

Guest blazingwolf
This didn't work for me. I changed the registry key and soft reset and tapping 'Calendar' still opened Thumbcal. Am I missing something?

Thanks again.

Did you wait before you soft reset? You don't have to wait if you use psShutXP but you do have to wait for at least 30 seconds if you use the reset hole. Also, when you do the change your self do not put the quotes in.

Guest Solange82200

Hi Blazingwolf, is it possible to take out the word "clauncher" in the titanium panel that has the wireless settings and other settings in it? I like it like the one you had in the previous version, where it didnt say clauncher. I hope I explained it correctly. If it has to do with editing some dll files, I tried to do that with the capital letter issue, but I was having trouble. Can you recommend a good hex editor? Thanks for all your help!

Guest blazingwolf
Hi Blazingwolf, is it possible to take out the word "clauncher" in the titanium panel that has the wireless settings and other settings in it? I like it like the one you had in the previous version, where it didnt say clauncher. I hope I explained it correctly. If it has to do with editing some dll files, I tried to do that with the capital letter issue, but I was having trouble. Can you recommend a good hex editor? Thanks for all your help!

It's possible. You just need to edit the .cpr file and remove a couple of lines.

<Text ID="PluginLabel" Left="60" Top="28" Width="177" Height="20" FontFamily="Tahoma" FontSize="12" FontStyle="Regular" Wrap="False" VerticalAlignment="Top" HorizontalAlignment="Left" Trimming="EllipsisCharacter" Text="CLauncher">

<TextStage TextOffsetType="TextOffsetNone" Color="#FFFFFFFF"/>

</Text>

To edit resources of a dll you need to use PE Explorer or Restorator.

Guest Solange82200
It's possible. You just need to edit the .cpr file and remove a couple of lines.

<Text ID="PluginLabel" Left="60" Top="28" Width="177" Height="20" FontFamily="Tahoma" FontSize="12" FontStyle="Regular" Wrap="False" VerticalAlignment="Top" HorizontalAlignment="Left" Trimming="EllipsisCharacter" Text="CLauncher">

<TextStage TextOffsetType="TextOffsetNone" Color="#FFFFFFFF"/>

</Text>

To edit resources of a dll you need to use PE Explorer or Restorator.

Thanks so much, I will give it a shot!

Edit: Im sorry to be such a pest, but does anyone know where the .cpr file is, and what it is titled?

Edited by Solange82200

Guest blazingwolf
Thanks so much, I will give it a shot!

Edit: Im sorry to be such a pest, but does anyone know where the .cpr file is, and what it is titled?

Titanium_240X400.cpr and it is in the windows folder.

Guest Solange82200
Titanium_240X400.cpr and it is in the windows folder.

Cool, I thought so, I had done a search in the windows folders for cpr and came up with that one. Im editing it right now. There is also a Titanium_400x240.cpr file, I should edit that one too so that it changes in landscape also, right? Thanks for your patience with me, I do plan on donating, you more than deserve it!

Edit: Weird, I replaced the file with the edited one, soft reset the phone but nothing changed. And I also noticed that when you change to landscape, the panel is called Clinks instead of Clauncher.

Edited by Solange82200