BW WM7 Black and Blue Windows Phone 6.5 ROM Final

Guest blazingwolf

Guest blazingwolf
BW,

got locks, showed on cgps, when you touch it, it wants to send text, which should be next panel. this program should keep the gps chipset "warm" right? or am i misunderstanding?

I have nothing to do with the workings of the panel itself. It was created by oldsap and he will need to make changes to it.

From my understanding the answer is no. It turns it on to get a lock. Then it turns itself off. It will do this in 5 minute intervals.

Haven't played with it yet. I will if I get some time to.

It is java based. I am a total noob, so do really know what that means. But, the browser is really good. It is opera mini, just to clarify. Not Opera Mobile. Btw, your latest rom is simply AWESOME. Love the latest changes with the buttons. Honestly, this is the best/smoothest my phone has ever been since I bought it.

Thanks again, you da man!

Guest icefalkon
Windows 7 uses WMDC just like Vista. Install WMDC 6.1.

I have WMDC 6.1 installed and connected to the Omnia. When I try to run the SCH-i910 user upgrade tool from verizon and it won't work...it keeps telling me that activesync 4.5 isn't installed...? Has anyone had this problem and/or know of a workaround for it?

EDIT: Nevermind...I just found out that the upgrade tool from Verizon does NOT work on any 64bit OS...

Edited by icefalkon

Has anyone seen a problem where EZInput causes the Omnia to freeze during a soft reset. I installed EZInput and did a soft reset. It got to the Blaningwolf start screen with the 'progress' bar and froze at that point. it did not get to the Windows Phone screen. The display blanked (as per the power settings) and does not respond to any buttons. another soft reset does the same thing. The only way I can get otu is to do a hard reset. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Guest blazingwolf
i am not really concerned about the panel, just that it assists with gps locking faster, any idea about effect on battery?

I have not done battery tests with it. I'm would think that you would take a hit with it connecting every 5 minutes to update itself.

Guest blazingwolf
It is java based. I am a total noob, so do really know what that means. But, the browser is really good. It is opera mini, just to clarify. Not Opera Mobile. Btw, your latest rom is simply AWESOME. Love the latest changes with the buttons. Honestly, this is the best/smoothest my phone has ever been since I bought it.

Thanks again, you da man!

Glad you like it. :)

Guest blazingwolf
I have WMDC 6.1 installed and connected to the Omnia. When I try to run the SCH-i910 user upgrade tool from verizon and it won't work...it keeps telling me that activesync 4.5 isn't installed...? Has anyone had this problem and/or know of a workaround for it?

EDIT: Nevermind...I just found out that the upgrade tool from Verizon does NOT work on any 64bit OS...

Yes, that can be a problem. Upgrade to it using UMDL. I believe there is a link to the needed file in the sticky "start here" thread.

Guest Otterdude

BW thanks for the ROM, I've been a die hard Bgill flasher for several months now and this is the first ROM of yours I've tried. I like all the goodies you packed in it. I am having a couple of issues with a couple of the phone features though. It seems if I call voicemail, the screen locks until I get it to rotate to landscape, then I can put in my pin. I've disabled auto lock. Also while on a call, it will vibrate intermittently in short bursts and people I talk to sound real tinny..... never had these things happen before.... any ideas? Thanks!!

Guest blazingwolf
BW thanks for the ROM, I've been a die hard Bgill flasher for several months now and this is the first ROM of yours I've tried. I like all the goodies you packed in it. I am having a couple of issues with a couple of the phone features though. It seems if I call voicemail, the screen locks until I get it to rotate to landscape, then I can put in my pin. I've disabled auto lock. Also while on a call, it will vibrate intermittently in short bursts and people I talk to sound real tinny..... never had these things happen before.... any ideas? Thanks!!

Sounds like Autocalllocker is still working. The vibration is the give away. It is set to have haptic feedback on and it will vibrate when you meet the requirements of the settings. Default is a 60 degree angle of the accelerometer. To turn it off you need to uncheck start on system restart and then do a soft reset or tell it to close instead of hide.

I have no issues with my phone sounding tinny.

Guest Otterdude
Sounds like Autocalllocker is still working. The vibration is the give away. It is set to have haptic feedback on and it will vibrate when you meet the requirements of the settings. Default is a 60 degree angle of the accelerometer. To turn it off you need to uncheck start on system restart and then do a soft reset or tell it to close instead of hide.

Ahhhh... I disabled the wrong auto lock. Awesome!! works great now

Re: the tinny sound, I had installed Nimbuzz in hopes of getting skype to work through the earpiece. Didnt work for me as other forums said it would. weird as it may sound, I uninstalled it and the VZ voicemail lady didnt sound tinny... dunno if that was it but it sounds good to me now.

The other cooks are gonna have a hard time pulling me away from this ROM now. Thanks!!!!

I have not done battery tests with it. I'm would think that you would take a hit with it connecting every 5 minutes to update itself.

I think the battery does take a hit, but it isn't anything major. Today is the first day that I have had CGPS installed for a full day and with normal usage (calls, texting, some internet, weather updates, etc.) there is maybe a 5% difference in battery. I spent most of my day inside buildings, so the GPS was working harder to get a lock too.

I love CGPS. I get almost instant locks with Google Maps and even locks in my house, which was rare without it. I even locked onto 7 satellites today. That was a first for me, I normally get 5 max. Thanks BW for creating the Neo panel and this amazing ROM

Guest blazingwolf
Ahhhh... I disabled the wrong auto lock. Awesome!! works great now

Re: the tinny sound, I had installed Nimbuzz in hopes of getting skype to work through the earpiece. Didnt work for me as other forums said it would. weird as it may sound, I uninstalled it and the VZ voicemail lady didnt sound tinny... dunno if that was it but it sounds good to me now.

The other cooks are gonna have a hard time pulling me away from this ROM now. Thanks!!!!

Glad you got it working and glad that you like the ROM. :)

Guest blazingwolf
I think the battery does take a hit, but it isn't anything major. Today is the first day that I have had CGPS installed for a full day and with normal usage (calls, texting, some internet, weather updates, etc.) there is maybe a 5% difference in battery. I spent most of my day inside buildings, so the GPS was working harder to get a lock too.

I love CGPS. I get almost instant locks with Google Maps and even locks in my house, which was rare without it. I even locked onto 7 satellites today. That was a first for me, I normally get 5 max. Thanks BW for creating the Neo panel and this amazing ROM

5% doesn't sound so bad. Thanks for letting us know. :) Glad you like the ROM.

Did you wait before you soft reset? You don't have to wait if you use psShutXP but you do have to wait for at least 30 seconds if you use the reset hole. Also, when you do the change your self do not put the quotes in.

That worked great.

Thanks.

Having the same issue but can't find where to make the change. Can someone please point me in the direction. I remember seeing the settings after flashing but I can't find them now.

Also, I'm normally able to hit the 7 key to delete a message when listening to voicemail but can't until the message is over. Is this also because of AutoCallLocker?

Guest blazingwolf
Having the same issue but can't find where to make the change. Can someone please point me in the direction. I remember seeing the settings after flashing but I can't find them now.

Also, I'm normally able to hit the 7 key to delete a message when listening to voicemail but can't until the message is over. Is this also because of AutoCallLocker?

There is an icon for Autocalllocker in the start menu. Yes, your problem is probably the call locker. Just drop the pone past the 60 degree mark and it will unlock.

There is an icon for Autocalllocker in the start menu. Yes, your problem is probably the call locker. Just drop the pone past the 60 degree mark and it will unlock.

AND...it's bright green. Not sure how I missed it. I was looking in Utilities. Thanks.

Guest Solange82200

Hey, does anyone have an issue that when their battery gets low, you get two battery icons on the top bar of the screen? it only happens to me when my battery gets low, I would love to get rid of it lol.

Guest blazingwolf
Hey, does anyone have an issue that when their battery gets low, you get two battery icons on the top bar of the screen? it only happens to me when my battery gets low, I would love to get rid of it lol.

The second battery icon is part of the notification that you have a low battery. Dismiss the notification and it will go away.

Guest Solange82200
The second battery icon is part of the notification that you have a low battery. Dismiss the notification and it will go away.

No way, how the heck did I miss that??? Lol, thanks!