BW WM7 Black and Blue Windows Phone 6.5 ROM Final

Guest blazingwolf

Guest tmar23

Anyone having a problem locking in gps with the latest version? In the past, I have always been able to get a lock pretty quickly. With this latest version, I cannot get a lock. I made sure I turned gps on in settings, and then I tried both options in google maps --> let windows manage and also manual with com 8 and 57600. Been trying all day, and got nothing? Anyone have any ideas?

Guest mdkpnj

I installed EZInput from the forums here. When my Omnia soft resets after the install it hangs on the blazingwolf screen (right before the Windows Phone screen would normally come up. Each soft reset is the same, I have let it sit there as long as 30 minutes woth no changes. My only recourse is to hard reset. Has anyone been able to get EZ Input working? I know it works on some of BGILL55's ROMs. I used it there and I liked it. Any suggestions how to get it to work?

Thanks.

Guest blazingwolf
Anyone having a problem locking in gps with the latest version? In the past, I have always been able to get a lock pretty quickly. With this latest version, I cannot get a lock. I made sure I turned gps on in settings, and then I tried both options in google maps --> let windows manage and also manual with com 8 and 57600. Been trying all day, and got nothing? Anyone have any ideas?

GPS works. I have been using it. Double check all of your settings and make sure that you are doing the normal things we have to do have it working.

Guest Cbroph

I was also having some trouble locking satellites. I installed CGPS and let my phone sit outback for a couple mins, after that I have had no problems with google maps.

I am still having a problem with the GPS radar though, No matter what I try it will not update my location or radar. When I attempt to close it I get a error message saying something along the lines of "There was an error, but because NETCV3.5.Message is not installed, it cannot be shown."

Guest blazingwolf
I installed EZInput from the forums here. When my Omnia soft resets after the install it hangs on the blazingwolf screen (right before the Windows Phone screen would normally come up. Each soft reset is the same, I have let it sit there as long as 30 minutes woth no changes. My only recourse is to hard reset. Has anyone been able to get EZ Input working? I know it works on some of BGILL55's ROMs. I used it there and I liked it. Any suggestions how to get it to work?

Thanks.

The EZInput in bga7xs ROM is cooked in. There is no cab version that will work correctly on our device.

Guest mdkpnj
The EZInput in bga7xs ROM is cooked in. There is no cab version that will work correctly on our device.

Can you cook it nto your ROM? I like it because it types nicely and does not take up as much of the screen. I am at your 23052 ROM and very happy with it, but I'd upgrade to get EZInput.

Thanks again.

Guest blazingwolf
Can you cook it nto your ROM? I like it because it types nicely and does not take up as much of the screen. I am at your 23052 ROM and very happy with it, but I'd upgrade to get EZInput.

Thanks again.

It breaks the camera buttons. The fix for that breaks XT9. So it is very buggy on our device.

Guest tmar23
GPS works. I have been using it. Double check all of your settings and make sure that you are doing the normal things we have to do have it working.

I knew it was a problem with my phone/settings. It is just wierd since I have never had a problem before. I installed SPB ms3.5 over your rom, and I did not install cgps. Do I need to do that? I didn't think I needed to since I don't use the titanium today setup. By the way, spb ms3.5 adds a few more features. So, far it seems pretty nice.

Btw, I first could not get a gps lock on spb ms3.0. I just downloaded ms3.5 and I am having the same problem with gps. Just wanted to clarify that it isn't a problem with ms3.5. I will keep trying and try some more tomorrow. It is not cloudy, but maybe it will work better tomorrow?

Edited by tmar23

Guest blazingwolf
I knew it was a problem with my phone/settings. It is just wierd since I have never had a problem before. I installed SPB ms3.5 over your rom, and I did not install cgps. Do I need to do that? I didn't think I needed to since I don't use the titanium today setup. By the way, spb ms3.5 adds a few more features. So, far it seems pretty nice.

Btw, I first could not get a gps lock on spb ms3.0. I just downloaded ms3.5 and I am having the same problem with gps. Just wanted to clarify that it isn't a problem with ms3.5. I will keep trying and try some more tomorrow. It is not cloudy, but maybe it will work better tomorrow?

So the common denominator for you is Mobile Shell? Have you tried uninstalling it to see if it helps?

No, CGPS is not needed.

Guest leland_jr

Love the ROM except for Thumbcal. Is there any way to disable it? Thumbcal not showing location on the overview screen is a big pain in the neck. The default calendar is pretty crappy, admittedly, but it does show the info I need at a glance. It helps each morning to see what places I have to be (spend a lot of time moving between locations that I use the location field for) at one glance.

Guest tmar23
So the common denominator for you is Mobile Shell? Have you tried uninstalling it to see if it helps?

No, CGPS is not needed.

Yes, I guess it is. I never had a problem before, but maybe mobile shell is causing me a problem. I will try to uninstall and see what I get, and report back.

Also, thanks, I didn't think CGPS was needed. On a side note, do you know if CGPS will work with mobile shell?

Guest blazingwolf
Love the ROM except for Thumbcal. Is there any way to disable it? Thumbcal not showing location on the overview screen is a big pain in the neck. The default calendar is pretty crappy, admittedly, but it does show the info I need at a glance. It helps each morning to see what places I have to be (spend a lot of time moving between locations that I use the location field for) at one glance.

Please check the thread. It has been talked about a few times.

Guest Catrinisin
Yes, I guess it is. I never had a problem before, but maybe mobile shell is causing me a problem. I will try to uninstall and see what I get, and report back.

Also, thanks, I didn't think CGPS was needed. On a side note, do you know if CGPS will work with mobile shell?

Just an FYI, I use ms3 on this ROM and my GPS works just fine. I have never installed CGPS either.

You may want to try doing a hard reset and then test GPS before making any other changes, or installing anything.

Edited by Catrinisin

Guest tmar23
Just an FYI, I use ms3 on this ROM and my GPS works just fine. I have never installed CGPS either.

You may want to try doing a hard reset and then test GPS before making any other changes, or installing anything.

Well, I tried again this morning, and no luck with the gps. I then installed cgps and turned it on in titanium. Then, success! I finally got a lock. Not sure if this was just a coincidence or what, but I thought I would share. I still don't have a great lock (only 3 sat's) but it has been raining. I will try again tomorrow when the weather clears a bit.

Guest blazingwolf
Well, I tried again this morning, and no luck with the gps. I then installed cgps and turned it on in titanium. Then, success! I finally got a lock. Not sure if this was just a coincidence or what, but I thought I would share. I still don't have a great lock (only 3 sat's) but it has been raining. I will try again tomorrow when the weather clears a bit.

I think this was a coincidence but at least you got it working. Rain will make it more difficult to get good locks on sats.

Guest blazingwolf

So I have been working on finding better keyboard for our device. Well, I ported the LG Incite keyboard and put it in a ROM I cooked up. I'm wondering if there is any interest in this. Portrait and landscape images attached. Comments please.

post-142761-1254453144_thumb.png

post-142761-1254453153_thumb.png

Guest tmar23
So I have been working on finding better keyboard for our device. Well, I ported the LG Incite keyboard and put it in a ROM I cooked up. I'm wondering if there is any interest in this. Portrait and landscape images attached. Comments please.

Looks pretty sweet. Definitely interested if it works smoothly!

Guest blazingwolf
Looks pretty sweet. Definitely interested if it works smoothly!

I haven't had a problem so far. One thing to think about is that there is no full qwerty in portrait.

Guest tmar23
I haven't had a problem so far. One thing to think about is that there is no full qwerty in portrait.

I guess I would have to try it, but the large buttons in portrait are appealing.

Guest rpmm70

I definitely like the look of the keyboards, but I wish there was a full keyboard in portrait

Edited by rpmm70

Goods good!!

reminds me of my blackberry