BW WM7 Black and Blue Windows Phone 6.5 ROM Final

Guest blazingwolf

Guest blazingwolf
Ive got a weird problem.. Ive had it with a older build of yours as well as the current one. I have the blackedition. My keyboard fequently does not function. My haptic feedback responds as if I were typing but no letters appear.. it is very very annoying and have no clue as to how to fix it.. got any ideas?

Sometimes exiting the texting menu fixes it, but most of the time i need to soft reset to get it to work again

edit: This happens in both landscape and portrait mode and when I had a 6.5 build It would not fix by changing the keyboard to anything else.

Need more info. Where does this happen? What keyboard? If you installed the Samsung keyboard then that is the issue as it has known problems.

I have not had this issue with this ROM.

Guest altimax98
Need more info. Where does this happen? What keyboard? If you installed the Samsung keyboard then that is the issue as it has known problems.

I have not had this issue with this ROM.

It has happened in both roms ive used.. I have not installed any keyboards in addition to what you supply with the rom. It happens very often and I cannot pin point what causes it but it only happened in Text Messaging on the old rom, and now it happens in Opera and IE.

The keyboard settings I have are XT9 turned off with no asssistance.

Guest blazingwolf
It has happened in both roms ive used.. I have not installed any keyboards in addition to what you supply with the rom. It happens very often and I cannot pin point what causes it but it only happened in Text Messaging on the old rom, and now it happens in Opera and IE.

The keyboard settings I have are XT9 turned off with no asssistance.

In a page or typing the web address?

I just tried both browsers and it is slower typing then it should be but it worked in both.

Edited by blazingwolf

Guest altimax98
In a page or typing the web address?

I just tried both browsers and it is slower typing then it should be but it worked in both.

It will happen all the time in texting.. But it happens alot when typing a web address. I havent noticed it when typing in a page.

Guest blazingwolf
It will happen all the time in texting.. But it happens alot when typing a web address. I havent noticed it when typing in a page.

I have sent several text messages today and the keyboard works perfectly.

What have you installed on your device?

Guest altimax98
I have sent several text messages today and the keyboard works perfectly.

What have you installed on your device?

I have installed nothing but Garmin XT... otherwise it is dead stock. I use windows live for my email, and that came with the rom... try turning off the XT9 assistance and see if it happens? Thats how I run mine.

Guest blazingwolf
I have installed nothing but Garmin XT... otherwise it is dead stock. I use windows live for my email, and that came with the rom... try turning off the XT9 assistance and see if it happens? Thats how I run mine.

I don't use XT9 so it is turned off. I will see if I can see something that might cause the issue. Try removing GarminXT and see what happens.

Guest altimax98
I don't use XT9 so it is turned off. I will see if I can see something that might cause the issue. Try removing GarminXT and see what happens.

It happened well before garmin was installed.

Guest blazingwolf
It happened well before garmin was installed.

Well, so far I am not able to reproduce this at all. When was the last time you cleaned up My Storage?

Guest altimax98
Well, so far I am not able to reproduce this at all. When was the last time you cleaned up My Storage?

I just flashed to the newest rom yesterday.. it happened within a few hours of flash.

Guest blazingwolf
I just flashed to the newest rom yesterday.. it happened within a few hours of flash.

That doesn't answer the question of whether you cleaned up My Storage. I'm trying to eliminate possible causes and since I don't have the issue I'm going with easy things first.

Guest altimax98
That doesn't answer the question of whether you cleaned up My Storage. I'm trying to eliminate possible causes and since I don't have the issue I'm going with easy things first.

I just cleaned out everything in it and moved my ringtones to the storage card... its back to stock now.

I am using the TouchPal keyboard, and noticed the same thing when typing into Opera's address or Google search bar: When I send a completed word to the browser, it's "typed" one character at a time vs. just having the entire word appear instantly in prior ROMs.

FYI, I have had no problems with TouchPal not allowing typing in places where it should, so perhaps these issues are keyboard-related?

Guest whiteblazer00

downloaded the new black... real smooth and the keyboard is great. allows for much faster typing. only thing i gotta get used to is the 60 degree thing while talking and getting to the keypad

Guest altimax98
I am using the TouchPal keyboard, and noticed the same thing when typing into Opera's address or Google search bar: When I send a completed word to the browser, it's "typed" one character at a time vs. just having the entire word appear instantly in prior ROMs.

FYI, I have had no problems with TouchPal not allowing typing in places where it should, so perhaps these issues are keyboard-related?

Thats what I thought also, but im using what it came with..

How do I go about uploading a new keyboard to test it out?

Guest rpmm70
i'm looking/lurking forward to a BW image based on 23060, and try the master's neo-titanium setup. i've used both builds [bgills ROMs], and 23060 is noticeably snappier without sacrificing stability. though i do not have benchmarks to prove it, there is a consensus that i can testify too [faster boot, better mem management].

I have thought about switching to Bgill's 23060 ROM, but I not a fan of the look. I like BW much more. I guess that I will just wait for the next build. Thanks for the info though

BW,

Love your Blue version of 23053! I did replace the CClock panel with CMultiClock because it displays more info within a single panel - that wasn't as big an issue with original Titanium, but it really helps with the Neo themes. It's great that that CMultiClock lets me include upcoming appts -- so the one thing that would make CMultiClock even more useful with Neo is to also include readable numbers for new emails, texts, voicemails, and missed calls. I haven't seen any other way to display that info other than the ultra-tiny numbers built into the icon of CHome. I understand that Neo wouldn't allow you to jump directly to new emails, etc. from within CMultiClock, but positioining CHome just below CMultiClock neatly addresses that need. I know you were a co-author on CMultiClock: any chance to get that enhancement? Having a clear display of those four counts of 'new' items is the one thing I really miss from the original Titanium.

I also replaced the honeycomb Start menu with the smooth-scrolling single-column version. Maybe it's just me, but when you have a large number of program icons plus the small text, I find it very slow and tedious to find what I'm looking for within a staggered 4-column menu.

A couple of questions/bugs for you:

a) Outlook frequently closes unexpectedly. There's no error message; it's just as if you pressed the 'X' and you're back to Neo/Titanium. I haven't seen any pattern to this, because it's happened in many different areas of Outlook. My first thought was running out of memory, but I don't have much running other than the stuff you bundle into the ROM plus Outlook and ActiveSync (talking to Exchange). I've had the same thing happen with Opera, but not as often. I never experienced either problem with earlier ROMs running the same set of apps. Anyone else seeing this?

:) I like the larger finger-friendly menus in these newer builds, but it means you have to scroll much more often to find what you want. It's irritating because these menus seem to be the only things in WM that don't support kinetic scrolling. Is this something that only MS can fix, or is there any way we can change it? (Interestingly, the drop-down menus like the folder display in Outlook do have kinetic scrolling - just not the ones that pop up from the bottom.)

c) I loaded the newest Opera beta, and it seems stable while being faster to load pages. But as soneone else mentioned, it has only one fixed level of zoom, vs. the pop-up slider on the right-hand side we had with Samsung's OEM version (done with Zoomer?). Is there any way to add this into the beta version, either cooked or cabbed?

d) Is there some trick to keeping Voice Command turned on? I click its 'activate' box under Settings, but it doesn't seem to "stick" after a soft reset.

Any help welcomed... and thanks again for your great efforts on these ROMs!

Guest blazingwolf
I just cleaned out everything in it and moved my ringtones to the storage card... its back to stock now.

And your still having issues? Have you tried another flash?

So far your the only report of this and I can't get it duplicated. :)

Guest blazingwolf
downloaded the new black... real smooth and the keyboard is great. allows for much faster typing. only thing i gotta get used to is the 60 degree thing while talking and getting to the keypad

You can change the settings for autocalllocker. The icon is in the start menu.

Guest blazingwolf
Thats what I thought also, but im using what it came with..

How do I go about uploading a new keyboard to test it out?

You just need a cab for a different keyboard. Put it on your device and then explore to its location and tap on it.

Guest blazingwolf
I have thought about switching to Bgill's 23060 ROM, but I not a fan of the look. I like BW much more. I guess that I will just wait for the next build. Thanks for the info though

I haven't really been planning on doing a 23060 ROM because of the bugs. This causes you to use an older gwes.exe which I am not a fan of doing as it can cause to many issues (yes, I know people say that it is stable).

I would like to see some benchmarks to see if there is an actual speed difference because for the most part the reports of speed improvements are anecdotal and do not mean that they exist.

Guest blazingwolf
BW,

Love your Blue version of 23053! I did replace the CClock panel with CMultiClock because it displays more info within a single panel - that wasn't as big an issue with original Titanium, but it really helps with the Neo themes. It's great that that CMultiClock lets me include upcoming appts -- so the one thing that would make CMultiClock even more useful with Neo is to also include readable numbers for new emails, texts, voicemails, and missed calls. I haven't seen any other way to display that info other than the ultra-tiny numbers built into the icon of CHome. I understand that Neo wouldn't allow you to jump directly to new emails, etc. from within CMultiClock, but positioining CHome just below CMultiClock neatly addresses that need. I know you were a co-author on CMultiClock: any chance to get that enhancement? Having a clear display of those four counts of 'new' items is the one thing I really miss from the original Titanium.

I also replaced the honeycomb Start menu with the smooth-scrolling single-column version. Maybe it's just me, but when you have a large number of program icons plus the small text, I find it very slow and tedious to find what I'm looking for within a staggered 4-column menu.

A couple of questions/bugs for you:

a) Outlook frequently closes unexpectedly. There's no error message; it's just as if you pressed the 'X' and you're back to Neo/Titanium. I haven't seen any pattern to this, because it's happened in many different areas of Outlook. My first thought was running out of memory, but I don't have much running other than the stuff you bundle into the ROM plus Outlook and ActiveSync (talking to Exchange). I've had the same thing happen with Opera, but not as often. I never experienced either problem with earlier ROMs running the same set of apps. Anyone else seeing this?

:D I like the larger finger-friendly menus in these newer builds, but it means you have to scroll much more often to find what you want. It's irritating because these menus seem to be the only things in WM that don't support kinetic scrolling. Is this something that only MS can fix, or is there any way we can change it? (Interestingly, the drop-down menus like the folder display in Outlook do have kinetic scrolling - just not the ones that pop up from the bottom.)

c) I loaded the newest Opera beta, and it seems stable while being faster to load pages. But as soneone else mentioned, it has only one fixed level of zoom, vs. the pop-up slider on the right-hand side we had with Samsung's OEM version (done with Zoomer?). Is there any way to add this into the beta version, either cooked or cabbed?

d) Is there some trick to keeping Voice Command turned on? I click its 'activate' box under Settings, but it doesn't seem to "stick" after a soft reset.

Any help welcomed... and thanks again for your great efforts on these ROMs!

Wow! What a post. :) Thanks for the time and effort to help out.

I like CMultiClock also ( I really need to finish the landscape changes). I'm not a co-author though. I just made same changes to the graphics locations. All credit goes to Genix9. :D

I would have to look at your request for the addition of notifications and see where I could add them. The challenge is to make it look good.

I prefer this start menu just for the fact that I don't have to scroll far to get to all of my programs. The great thing about WM devices though is that you can change it to what you want. :D

A. I have had this happen once in all of my testing but have not been able to reproduce it so far. It might have to do with the 23414 contact elements being put in to an older base. Hopefully, MS will have everything combined and bug free soon.

B. I doubt that there is anything I can do about the menus not having kinetic scrolling. I'm pretty sure MS will have to do something about it.

C. I have no clue about this one. Zoomer has been removed from this ROM though so it must be a change in Opera itself that might have been requested by Samsung. I wonder if the version in the Omnia 2 has it? Might look there. :P

D. There are some links that need to go in the start up folder. I keep forgetting to add them in as I don't use Voice Command much. Let me see if I can find them.

Guest blazingwolf
Anyone have Marketplace working? I get a "encountered serious error" message when I try to run it after installed.

It works for me. I'm looking at it right now. :)