BW WM7 Black and Blue Windows Phone 6.5 ROM Final

Guest blazingwolf

Guest tsp2jxd
It works for me. I'm looking at it right now. :)

How do we get to the Marketplace? Is there a .cab to install?

Also, is the Blue version updated with the new keyboard etc?

Edited by tsp2jxd

Guest blazingwolf
How do we get to the Marketplace? Is there a .cab to install?

Also, is the Blue version updated with the new keyboard etc?

Tap Market Place in the start menu and it will download and auto install the needed file.

Yes, both ROMs are updated. Only difference is the color.

Guest bigbarrel
Tap Market Place in the start menu and it will download and auto install the needed file.

Yes, both ROMs are updated. Only difference is the color.

BW, can you please explain? I have build 23053 and when I look at the Start menu, I don't see any MarketPlace icons.

Guest blazingwolf
BW, can you please explain? I have build 23053 and when I look at the Start menu, I don't see any MarketPlace icons.

Do you have the new ROM I posted yesterday?

Guest bigbarrel
Do you have the new ROM I posted yesterday?

I'm sorry, I'm an idiot...I didn't realize that you posted yesterday. Thank you, I'll get the new ROM.

None of the backup software is working well with the newer builds of WM6.5.1. The OEMs will need to start working with the new builds to adapt to the changes MS has made.

This is definitely bad news. I learned it firsthand last night when I tried to do a hard reset and complete restore using Resco Backup. But this time, the Neo/Titanium screen wouldn't even come up; I had no phone or internet connectivity (just the "no service" exclamation point); and no contacts or email, even though all the data was still on My Storage.

If this problem also occurs with SPB Backup, then what can we do to handle a simple 'hard reset and restore everything'? Can I access the Omnia via WMDC, somehow define a file explorer view that doesn't include ROM files, and then export everything else starting at the root? I'd also have to export the entire registry, although restoring it completely scares me because it would overlay up any registry changes that accompanied an updated ROM release. Is there anything else I've missed?

I suspect we'll be in this mess for awhile, because the backup apps seemed to work fine with the earlier build of 6.5 that became the release version. My impression is that the problems only appeared with these newest builds, which won't become a released product anytime soon.

Meanwhile, lots of us need some reasonable workaround. Tools like Sashimi can help, but I'd still have a lot of manual tweaking, activating with serial numbers, etc. beyond just reloading the basic apps. I'd hate to have to stop flashing -- do any of you have good ideas??

Guest blazingwolf
This is definitely bad news. I learned it firsthand last night when I tried to do a hard reset and complete restore using Resco Backup. But this time, the Neo/Titanium screen wouldn't even come up; I had no phone or internet connectivity (just the "no service" exclamation point); and no contacts or email, even though all the data was still on My Storage.

If this problem also occurs with SPB Backup, then what can we do to handle a simple 'hard reset and restore everything'? Can I access the Omnia via WMDC, somehow define a file explorer view that doesn't include ROM files, and then export everything else starting at the root? I'd also have to export the entire registry, although restoring it completely scares me because it would overlay up any registry changes that accompanied an updated ROM release. Is there anything else I've missed?

I suspect we'll be in this mess for awhile, because the backup apps seemed to work fine with the earlier build of 6.5 that became the release version. My impression is that the problems only appeared with these newest builds, which won't become a released product anytime soon.

Meanwhile, lots of us need some reasonable workaround. Tools like Sashimi can help, but I'd still have a lot of manual tweaking, activating with serial numbers, etc. beyond just reloading the basic apps. I'd hate to have to stop flashing -- do any of you have good ideas??

Well, XDA-UC is used with my ROM but there is no all in one restore everything for 6.5.1 ROMs. If this is something that is really important to you then my suggestion is to go back to an older based ROM like my 1.4 (I think they worked well with those builds) or a bit further.

Guest mdkpnj

I have a question that is not specific to this ROM so I know it is not a ROM issue. I've had this issue repeatable. The settings for Battery Power in Power for 'Turn off backlight if device is not used for' do not seem to stick. The default seems to be 10 seconds. I prefer 30 but I have unchecked the check box altogether and it works for a while and then suddenly the screen is dimming again after 10 secs. if I go back into the settings the box is checked and there is nothing in the dropdown. Is there a way to fix this issue?

Thx.

Guest mdkpnj

I have been searching for info about cMultiClock. Alot of people seem to use it, but I cannot get it to show up on the neo panel for me. I have no mods to Neo as included in the ROM (1 version below the current) except to make a 3 column titanium panel. I enable cMultiClock in ChomeEditor, exit and tap CHomerefresh and go back to Home and cMultiClock is not there. What am I doing wrong?

Thx.

Guest blazingwolf
I have a question that is not specific to this ROM so I know it is not a ROM issue. I've had this issue repeatable. The settings for Battery Power in Power for 'Turn off backlight if device is not used for' do not seem to stick. The default seems to be 10 seconds. I prefer 30 but I have unchecked the check box altogether and it works for a while and then suddenly the screen is dimming again after 10 secs. if I go back into the settings the box is checked and there is nothing in the dropdown. Is there a way to fix this issue?

Thx.

Hmm, any 3rd party apps installed? The default should be 30 seconds so I'm thinking something is changing it.

Guest blazingwolf
I have been searching for info about cMultiClock. Alot of people seem to use it, but I cannot get it to show up on the neo panel for me. I have no mods to Neo as included in the ROM (1 version below the current) except to make a 3 column titanium panel. I enable cMultiClock in ChomeEditor, exit and tap CHomerefresh and go back to Home and cMultiClock is not there. What am I doing wrong?

Thx.

You should not have to enable CMultiClock in CHome Editor. It should start up after install but if it does not then go to the Start/Utilities and tap on Start CMultiClock.

Guest mdkpnj
Hmm, any 3rd party apps installed? The default should be 30 seconds so I'm thinking something is changing it.

I am running very few installed apps, let me see; SPB backup, SPB news, Visual Voice Mail, cMultiClock, Fingerkeyboard. That's it.

Guest blazingwolf
I am running very few installed apps, let me see; SPB backup, SPB news, Visual Voice Mail, cMultiClock, Fingerkeyboard. That's it.

Did you restore from a backup.

Guest DeepBlueEditor

I mentioned this a bit earlier in this or one of the other threads. Same thing happens to me. I noticed this right after installing then uninstalling something but I can't remember what it was. I seem to remember thinking I even tried setting it in the registry and it still doesn't stick. Is there something that would routinely overwrite the reg file? I don't get it either. I remember thinking too that the only thing I installed should have nothing to do with this setting. Any ideas?

I'm also searching for the perfect way to do a restore after a ROM upgrade. Been using SPB but I still fear changes in the registry are being transferred from one OS version to the next and that probably isn't a good idea at this point.

S.

Guest blazingwolf
I mentioned this a bit earlier in this or one of the other threads. Same thing happens to me. I noticed this right after installing then uninstalling something but I can't remember what it was. I seem to remember thinking I even tried setting it in the registry and it still doesn't stick. Is there something that would routinely overwrite the reg file? I don't get it either. I remember thinking too that the only thing I installed should have nothing to do with this setting. Any ideas?

I'm also searching for the perfect way to do a restore after a ROM upgrade. Been using SPB but I still fear changes in the registry are being transferred from one OS version to the next and that probably isn't a good idea at this point.

S.

My settings for the battery time out are sticking after a soft reset. I have no idea what it could be because I don't know what you install. I know that it does not happen with the software I install.

I have not seen one backup program that works correctly with the 6.5.1 ROMs. MS has made changes that these programs don't like. If this is importatnt to you then I would suggest that you move back to an older build.

Guest arirang

BW,

1. does the current build include google maps?

2. does XT9 work with LG KB?

3. is Thumbcal freeware?

4. are neo-panels from bgill's compatible? vice-versa? what other panels are you planning?

i know these ROMs are for yourself and customized accordingly--thanks for sharing.

Guest blazingwolf
BW,

1. does the current build include google maps?

2. does XT9 work with LG KB?

3. is Thumbcal freeware?

4. are neo-panels from bgill's compatible? vice-versa? what other panels are you planning?

i know these ROMs are for yourself and customized accordingly--thanks for sharing.

1. No

2. Yes

3. The old version I was using is. The new version is commercial.

4. I would think so but I have not tried them.

Guest DeepBlueEditor
My settings for the battery time out are sticking after a soft reset. I have no idea what it could be because I don't know what you install. I know that it does not happen with the software I install.

I have not seen one backup program that works correctly with the 6.5.1 ROMs. MS has made changes that these programs don't like. If this is importatnt to you then I would suggest that you move back to an older build.

It's not totally important as long as the contact info is transferred OK. I do dislike reinstalling all the apps though. That takes a while. I think I should just build a repository of all the apps I use regularly and keep them all on the storage card or a flash drive or something. Then I have them all in one place and can get them back as needed. Nothing is critical but I do have one other related question. What could I use to rebuild my email settings if not a full SPB backup/restore? I love all the ROM work but to have to reload the email settings for 3 accounts every time would be a bit bothersome too I think. If I could back up the contacts and the email settings only I would be golden.

As always, thanks for the heaps of ROM work you keep doing. I'll be installing the new "Black" version in a few minutes. Have to do another SPB Backup first. I also pull the card physically out before a flash, just to be sure.

S

Guest Ruffroc02

Got a question. I know this has been answered but I can't find the post. One app will close unexpectedly when I open another app. For instance, if I am on Palringo then open up Opera, Palringo will close. This is annoying as I don't have an iPhone. Is there a way to stop this by happening by increasing the limit where the force quit will happpen?