BW WM7 Black and Blue Windows Phone 6.5 ROM Final

Guest blazingwolf

Guest DeepBlueEditor

Found a bug in the new one. Seems the calendar is suffering from the same distortion that the phone book was in earlier versions. Type is printed on top of successive lines and I can't edit appointments or make new ones because the text is over printing. Please take a look at this one asap and let us know if this is something others are seeing. This ones a deal breaker for me, now that I redid all my email settings and such.

S

post-500364-1254807114_thumb.png

Edited by DeepBlueEditor

Guest rpmm70
I haven't really been planning on doing a 23060 ROM because of the bugs. This causes you to use an older gwes.exe which I am not a fan of doing as it can cause to many issues (yes, I know people say that it is stable).

I would like to see some benchmarks to see if there is an actual speed difference because for the most part the reports of speed improvements are anecdotal and do not mean that they exist.

Oh well. I can wait for a better build that you can cook with. I currently using your older 23053 ROM and it is the best ROM I have ever used

Guest DeepBlueEditor

In order to edit my calendar entries for now I downloaded the previous ThumbCal calendar from here:

http://rs156.rapidshare.com/files/10288186...mbCal_0.5.1.CAB

That's the free one. I can edit my entries. Now I could poke around to see how to set the links from Chome editor to Thumbcal and be done with it I think. That will fix my issue as above, which is really the only error I have found so far. Pretty speedy and as always, good looking too. Another job well done BW. Just need to figure out the cal issue. Love the new dialer skin too. Oh, need a cab for the old keyboard if anyone has that floating around. I would rather have a single key foreach letter (aka qwerty style) but that's just me.

Still, really great so far. I can tweek it up I think.

Guest Vahnyyz

so I have a problem absolutely every time i redo a phone and i'm sure its one of my XDA files that installs but I'm not entirely sure which.

Everytime I turn on my phone from powered off to Powered On it comes up with

Mortscript.exe

"Cannot open "MortScript". A critical component is either missing or cannot start because program memory is unavailable. Tap Start > Settings > System Tab > Task Manager, stop programs that did not automatically stop, and try again."

and Idk how to follow directions because anytime I try opening the task manager through that it just doesn't load... it shows a loading bar but that just gets stuck and doesn't move anywhere even if I leave my device alone for an hour.

anyway to fix this and nitrogen that has a similiar issue but something about a skin?

programs being installed are:

_Ancient Evil (game)

Blue Wave (keyboard Skin)

CGPS_V1.0 Neo

CTTP_4

FARTM_V2

fkecall_11

galarm_151

HLYBESTS_101 (Game)

Nitrogen-1.2

personality_1

SpbKeyboard (keyboard)

SpbMobileShell (the newest one)

SPOR_104 (Game)

vlingo

wmtrnt_3201

wvd_00170

nothing else gets installed other than my pim backup file from my storage card.

Guest reaver76
Just installed black and when I set custom ringtones for address book only default ringtone plays. Anyone else having problem?

I have the same issue with MS 3.5. I haven't looked in the forums for SPB, but I believe its an issue with MS 3.5. I never had this issue with any of BW's ROMs when running MS 3.0.1.

Edit: SPB FORUM - BUG - Ring tone setting - MS 3.5. The issue has been noted in the SPB forum and it is occurring on multiple devices.

If the custom ringtones are needed then I suggest switching back to 3.0.1.

Edited by reaver76

Guest blazingwolf
Found a bug in the new one. Seems the calendar is suffering from the same distortion that the phone book was in earlier versions. Type is printed on top of successive lines and I can't edit appointments or make new ones because the text is over printing. Please take a look at this one asap and let us know if this is something others are seeing. This ones a deal breaker for me, now that I redid all my email settings and such.

S

Yes, it is a bug. I'm looking in to it.

Guest blazingwolf
so I have a problem absolutely every time i redo a phone and i'm sure its one of my XDA files that installs but I'm not entirely sure which.

Everytime I turn on my phone from powered off to Powered On it comes up with

Mortscript.exe

"Cannot open "MortScript". A critical component is either missing or cannot start because program memory is unavailable. Tap Start > Settings > System Tab > Task Manager, stop programs that did not automatically stop, and try again."

and Idk how to follow directions because anytime I try opening the task manager through that it just doesn't load... it shows a loading bar but that just gets stuck and doesn't move anywhere even if I leave my device alone for an hour.

anyway to fix this and nitrogen that has a similiar issue but something about a skin?

programs being installed are:

_Ancient Evil (game)

Blue Wave (keyboard Skin)

CGPS_V1.0 Neo

CTTP_4

FARTM_V2

fkecall_11

galarm_151

HLYBESTS_101 (Game)

Nitrogen-1.2

personality_1

SpbKeyboard (keyboard)

SpbMobileShell (the newest one)

SPOR_104 (Game)

vlingo

wmtrnt_3201

wvd_00170

nothing else gets installed other than my pim backup file from my storage card.

You have vlingo working on a 6.5 OS?

Guest rustymcbain

BW I think your roms rock. Period they are the most stable than any one else's. Your new Black 7 Neo is the bomb. It's what I've been trying to cook for some time but I cant get memory free enough yet still trying though.

My question is how to we change the default neo icons? They just are not really cool, ya know. I have tried replacing them but that doesn't do it. I have noticed that no one has other than drkfngthdragnlrd. But his look like fruit phone icons. Any help would be great!!

Guest Nerohdam

I don't know if I am not finding it but how can I use my mp3 file as the ringtone? I saw in settings and sounds the ring tone settings but nothing to point to my mp3 file. Do I need to use a different method or drop the mp3 file in a different folder other than the my music folder in the device partition?

I don't know if I am not finding it but how can I use my mp3 file as the ringtone? I saw in settings and sounds the ring tone settings but nothing to point to my mp3 file. Do I need to use a different method or drop the mp3 file in a different folder other than the my music folder in the device partition?

There should be a My Ringtones folder under My Documents. Place your ringtone(s) in there and it will get picked up when you go to choose a ringtone.

Guest dragonriot

BW, the keyboard that comes with your rom doesn't have special characters... is this because of the keyboard that you included or because of the ROM?

By special, I mean ASCII other than the standard "FN" keys.

Guest blazingwolf
BW I think your roms rock. Period they are the most stable than any one else's. Your new Black 7 Neo is the bomb. It's what I've been trying to cook for some time but I cant get memory free enough yet still trying though.

My question is how to we change the default neo icons? They just are not really cool, ya know. I have tried replacing them but that doesn't do it. I have noticed that no one has other than drkfngthdragnlrd. But his look like fruit phone icons. Any help would be great!!

The icons are in the windows folder and all look like this: CHome_Name of panel_sat_active.png and CHome_Name of panel_desat_inactive.png

Guest blazingwolf
BW, the keyboard that comes with your rom doesn't have special characters... is this because of the keyboard that you included or because of the ROM?

By special, I mean ASCII other than the standard "FN" keys.

Keyboard probably doesn't come with them. If you need them you should install another keyboard.

Also, double check to see if the landscape keyboard has the stuff you want.

Edited by blazingwolf

Guest DeepBlueEditor
Yes, it is a bug. I'm looking in to it.

Sounded too whiny - It's working for the vast majority. Found the black volume controls on another site I think, and a black keyboard (I think the keyboard broke it though, had to reflash after that one) but overall, I love it. Just need a keyboard and ThumbCal and I'm good for a while.

Anyone else know, is there a way to link the Chome Appointment settings to go to ThumbCal?

Standing quietly on the sidelines. (I almost never catch a real bug)

S

Guest sojrner
Sounded too whiny - It's working for the vast majority. Found the black volume controls on another site I think, and a black keyboard (I think the keyboard broke it though, had to reflash after that one) but overall, I love it. Just need a keyboard and ThumbCal and I'm good for a while.

Anyone else know, is there a way to link the Chome Appointment settings to go to ThumbCal?

S

I was just spending a bit of time digging to come up w/ bupkis... Granted, that was 15 minutes of googling so it could be out there still. Intuitively it looks like we may just have to dig into the registry to find the key for thumcal and put it in place of the m$ calendar key, but I have not tried that yet so I may be wrong. :)

I'll get on here later tonight to see what others come up w/

good luck. lol.

Guest blazingwolf

S

Not whiny as far as I'm concerned. It's a bug that should not have gotten by me. :)

Check this reg setting to see if this is what it says:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Shell\Rai\:MSCALENDAR]

"1"="\"\\Windows\\ThumbCal.exe\""

This should get CHome to go to Thumbcal.

As a note I created a new build ( I caved in and made a hybrid with the 23060 build and the 23053 gwes.exe) and new appointments in the calendar is working again. I'm not sure what created the bug though so I don't have a cab for it yet.

Guest blazingwolf
I was just spending a bit of time digging to come up w/ bupkis... Granted, that was 15 minutes of googling so it could be out there still. Intuitively it looks like we may just have to dig into the registry to find the key for thumcal and put it in place of the m$ calendar key, but I have not tried that yet so I may be wrong. :)

I'll get on here later tonight to see what others come up w/

good luck. lol.

That should work and was my reply to DeepBlueEditor. Check the reg setting and let me know how it goes.

Guest DeepBlueEditor
Not whiny as far as I'm concerned. It's a bug that should not have gotten by me. :)

Check this reg setting to see if this is what it says:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Shell\Rai\:MSCALENDAR]

"1"="\"\\Windows\\ThumbCal.exe\""

This should get CHome to go to Thumbcal.

As a note I created a new build ( I caved in and made a hybrid with the 23060 build and the 23053 gwes.exe) and new appointments in the calendar is working again. I'm not sure what created the bug though so I don't have a cab for it yet.

Couldn't quite figure this one out as ThumbCal isn't installed under the Windows dir on mine, no matter where I tell it to install, and oddly, I don't think there is a backslash on the keyboard in the ROM. I couldn't find it. Currently it's under /Program Files/ThumbApps/ThumbCal.exe Still working on it. ; )

Might be time to do a backup, try installing that blasck keyboard again and going for it.

Guest blazingwolf
Couldn't quite figure this one out as ThumbCal isn't installed under the Windows dir on mine, no matter where I tell it to install, and oddly, I don't think there is a backslash on the keyboard in the ROM. I couldn't find it. Currently it's under /Program Files/ThumbApps/ThumbCal.exe Still working on it. ; )

Might be time to do a backup, try installing that blasck keyboard again and going for it.

Well, yeah. When you install the cab file then it is installed to Program Files. Just change the path and it should work. :)

Guest Stealth Pope

Hey BW, As most people know, with the latest incarnation of 6.5 ROMs, they have not been very compatible with MS3 or 3.5. I am referring to the task bar at the bottom. I would love to flash to this latest ROM, but I have been loving SPB 3.5 also. Is there any way to make the task bar "auto hide", or a CAB that reverts the home screen to a previous build on the task bar only? I guess I'm asking can the latest 6.5 version be modified to work with SPB better?

EDIT: Sorry, I see where you laid out that all the newer builds are stuck with the task bar at the bottom in another post. Well, I was hoping.

Edited by Stealth Pope

Guest sojrner
That should work and was my reply to DeepBlueEditor. Check the reg setting and let me know how it goes.

:-/

I have the setting right, and my path is the same as deepblue's but it is definitely running the app, but I get an exception thrown up. "The file 'ThumbCal' cannot be opened. Either it is not signed with a trusted certificate, or one of its components cannot be found. If the problem persists try reinstalling or restoring this file"

I can open it from any number of ways outside of that link so I know the app is installed correctly... so I'm guessing it is unsigned. (lol, duh) I'm not sure that unlocking that security is the right way to go if something is truly running amok here. You intended application signing to remain locked in this build yes? More importantly, previous builds were set the same way correct?

...I'm not giving up on this one, I wanna know what I'm missing on this fix b/c it seems to me it should work... but you mentioned a new build... is that yet to come? ;-)

Unlike some of the posters here I like thumbcal, so even on the new build I might go back to it if the "new" appointments thing is not as finger friendly... regardless, thanks for any pointers.

Guest DeepBlueEditor
...I'm not giving up on this one, I wanna know what I'm missing on this fix b/c it seems to me it should work... but you mentioned a new build... is that yet to come? ;-)

Unlike some of the posters here I like thumbcal, so even on the new build I might go back to it if the "new" appointments thing is not as finger friendly... regardless, thanks for any pointers.

I didn't like it at first but it's actually pretty darn good and I even like the color scheme and layout and all. Worked easily and well. I know I never really liked the Outlook style on small devices as it's just too hard to use on a small screen. If you get the linking figured out let us (me) know.

The only other thing I am still trying to do is add a danged keyboard to this one. I have tried bgills B themed keyboard I picked up on another forum but it doesn;t show up in the input selection drop down so I'll be researching how to add a keyboard next.

S.