BW WM7 Black and Blue Windows Phone 6.5 ROM Final

Guest blazingwolf

Guest rpmm70
As a note I created a new build ( I caved in and made a hybrid with the 23060 build and the 23053 gwes.exe) and new appointments in the calendar is working again. I'm not sure what created the bug though so I don't have a cab for it yet.

So you couldn't resist... What do you think of 23060? Is it faster like everyone has been saying?

Guest RobN17
Hey BW, As most people know, with the latest incarnation of 6.5 ROMs, they have not been very compatible with MS3 or 3.5. I am referring to the task bar at the bottom. I would love to flash to this latest ROM, but I have been loving SPB 3.5 also. Is there any way to make the task bar "auto hide", or a CAB that reverts the home screen to a previous build on the task bar only? I guess I'm asking can the latest 6.5 version be modified to work with SPB better?

EDIT: Sorry, I see where you laid out that all the newer builds are stuck with the task bar at the bottom in another post. Well, I was hoping.

I'm running MS3.5 on top of BW's latest ROM and everything looks great. There is a roughly 10 pixel blank spot at the bottom of the home screen as the background picture doesn't cover the entire screen, but it's hardly noticeable and doesn't affect how MS works. What are you seeing?

Guest rndchef
I'm running MS3.5 on top of BW's latest ROM and everything looks great. There is a roughly 10 pixel blank spot at the bottom of the home screen as the background picture doesn't cover the entire screen, but it's hardly noticeable and doesn't affect how MS works. What are you seeing?

I just asked mSkip about this since he is the MS3 whiz and he suggested using his Pro Plus Elegance on top of MS3 which did away with the gap at the bottom. It looks pretty slick as well with the numbered bar at the bottom. The thread below is for MS3.5. I didn't think it worth the money to upgrade from 3.01 so I am using a different version of Elegance but they both worked.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=566245

Guest sojrner
I didn't like it at first but it's actually pretty darn good and I even like the color scheme and layout and all. Worked easily and well. I know I never really liked the Outlook style on small devices as it's just too hard to use on a small screen. If you get the linking figured out let us (me) know.

The only other thing I am still trying to do is add a danged keyboard to this one. I have tried bgills B themed keyboard I picked up on another forum but it doesn;t show up in the input selection drop down so I'll be researching how to add a keyboard next.

S.

I like the LG keyboard BW has in this one. I'll admit I am not the craziest about "double keys" in portrait, but the sammy one was no faster for me b/c I was going so slow to keep from mistyping that the double key thing is about the same... landscape however is where this LG one shines. No issues w/ the sammy one, but this one is tons faster for me so I think I'll learn the portrait and love the landscape and be happy. :-D

I understand though when something is just "not quite right" for you and you gotta change it. lol

Guest DeepBlueEditor
I like the LG keyboard BW has in this one. I'll admit I am not the craziest about "double keys" in portrait, but the sammy one was no faster for me b/c I was going so slow to keep from mistyping that the double key thing is about the same... landscape however is where this LG one shines. No issues w/ the sammy one, but this one is tons faster for me so I think I'll learn the portrait and love the landscape and be happy. :-D

I understand though when something is just "not quite right" for you and you gotta change it. lol

Yep. And I finally found the magic combo to put in the original Sammy Keyboard and then make it all black. Attached, if it works right...

Well, the original Sammy is too big to post here and I don't have a fancy rapidshare account so if anyone wants it they can write. You have to install the original sammy (which shows as over 14 MB) and then load the black ver over that one.

S.

BlackSamsungKeyboard_Optomized.CAB

Guest nikosxri
I just asked mSkip about this since he is the MS3 whiz and he suggested using his Pro Plus Elegance on top of MS3 which did away with the gap at the bottom. It looks pretty slick as well with the numbered bar at the bottom. The thread below is for MS3.5. I didn't think it worth the money to upgrade from 3.01 so I am using a different version of Elegance but they both worked.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=566245

Check this also.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread...883#post4680883&postcount=392

Guest blazingwolf
:-/

I have the setting right, and my path is the same as deepblue's but it is definitely running the app, but I get an exception thrown up. "The file 'ThumbCal' cannot be opened. Either it is not signed with a trusted certificate, or one of its components cannot be found. If the problem persists try reinstalling or restoring this file"

I can open it from any number of ways outside of that link so I know the app is installed correctly... so I'm guessing it is unsigned. (lol, duh) I'm not sure that unlocking that security is the right way to go if something is truly running amok here. You intended application signing to remain locked in this build yes? More importantly, previous builds were set the same way correct?

...I'm not giving up on this one, I wanna know what I'm missing on this fix b/c it seems to me it should work... but you mentioned a new build... is that yet to come? ;-)

Unlike some of the posters here I like thumbcal, so even on the new build I might go back to it if the "new" appointments thing is not as finger friendly... regardless, thanks for any pointers.

Hmm, Thumbcal works when using the shortcut in the start menu?

Guest blazingwolf
Blazing... LG incite and auto locker.. not good... :D  u know this is my favorite rom.. I just do not like those 2 items.. 

Then don't use them. You can turn off autocalllocker from its settings panel. Install another keyboard and your set. :)

Guest blazingwolf
no sir, vlingo does not work, i just forgot to take it out of XDA so its always been installed. Would that fix it?

It might since vlingo is not compatible with our device.

Guest doitall76
It might since vlingo is not compatible with our device.

BW,

I have noticed that when I go through Advanced Config and enable the phone skin, and then do a soft reset, the phone will not pull up. Neither using the hard keys, nor going through and trying to open the phone program work. Any ideas? Do you have the cab for the original omnia dialer with the lock?

I am sorry if this has already been brought up.

Doitall76

Guest mdkpnj

Curious and confused. What is the difference between WM 6.5 and these latest WM6.5.1 (I think) ROMs? Looking at thew 6.5 based devices and reading reports of how 6.5 is nothing big, I am confused. Based on my experience with the OMNIA and both BW's and BGill's ROMS - these new ROMS and a huge difference. The larger start menu (onthe bottom) the larger menu's and options throughout the device, smoother scrolling. All in all much more finger touch friendly. Is all the 6.5.1 and not 6.5 however?

Is there a way to find what is changing between new MS releases?

Thanks.

Guest sojrner
Hmm, Thumbcal works when using the shortcut in the start menu?

Yes, it works like a champ... that is where my confusion w/ the unsigned error comes in.

strange things are afoot at the circle-K ted...

BW,

I have noticed that when I go through Advanced Config and enable the phone skin, and then do a soft reset, the phone will not pull up. Neither using the hard keys, nor going through and trying to open the phone program work. Any ideas? Do you have the cab for the original omnia dialer with the lock?

Doitall76

This is because BlazingWolf did not include the Samsung Dialer SECdialer.dll in the phone. You have to manually add it yourself to the /Windows directory. He uploaded a Blue one that looks great, albeit blocked slightly by a scrollbar.

Guest doitall76
This is because BlazingWolf did not include the Samsung Dialer SECdialer.dll in the phone. You have to manually add it yourself to the /Windows directory. He uploaded a Blue one that looks great, albeit blocked slightly by a scrollbar.

Any idea where I find the SECdialer.dll and where do I add it the to directory?

Guest perdavis

Stupid question, newby here: I flashed my phone with the previous build (Not the one as of 10/4). Do I have to do an entire new flash to get the enhancements or is there some kind of updater that would allow me to not have to go through all of that.

Love the rom, just don't want to have to go through the flash process again. If I do, so be it.

Also, what is AppToDate?

Guest sojrner

so I know you're looking at other things (the previously mentioned appointments bug included) but here is another idea. Keep in mind this is both trivial as an issue but really one of the only remaining issues I have with WM as a whole:

silence the charge complete notification!

Like I said, not a world breaking problem. The issue is that you can't set the alert for this notification specifically that I know of, but in the middle of the night with my phone by my head plugged in I consistently wake up to the knowledge that my phone is now charged up. yay! Why do I care if it is now charged? An alert about an ERROR in charging yes, but a success? They default the active sync success to silent, why not this one? lol

I am never off the grid and my job requires me to be alert to everything through my phone. This means I can't silence the whole phone... but that notification being quiet would be a blessing like no other. Not sure if you can use a "blank" sound file or if there is a "hidden" setting for that... not even sure if it would break all notification alerts... just something to look at. No rush on it as I know you're busy and don't take it as a "it's your fault this does not work" as I know it's a m$ thing... I've been dealing w/ the annoyance so far, just a suggestion.

rock on.

Guest blazingwolf
BW,

Doitall76

Install a Samsung dialer. You can find a bunch of them in the main forum. I have also posted a couple. Click on the paperclip in the thread title and it will bring up a list of attached files.

Guest blazingwolf
Curious and confused. What is the difference between WM 6.5 and these latest WM6.5.1 (I think) ROMs? Looking at thew 6.5 based devices and reading reports of how 6.5 is nothing big, I am confused. Based on my experience with the OMNIA and both BW's and BGill's ROMS - these new ROMS and a huge difference. The larger start menu (onthe bottom) the larger menu's and options throughout the device, smoother scrolling. All in all much more finger touch friendly. Is all the 6.5.1 and not 6.5 however?

Is there a way to find what is changing between new MS releases?

Thanks.

6.5 is the older GUI with the start menu on the top bar. Look at any of the recently pictured phones and you will see it there. 6.5.1 is introducing a more finger friendly approach with the start menu at the bottom and more finger friendly areas. 6.5.1 will some out sometime next year.

Guest blazingwolf
Yes, it works like a champ... that is where my confusion w/ the unsigned error comes in.

strange things are afoot at the circle-K ted...

Show me the reg settings for this please so I can see if there is something wrong.

Guest blazingwolf
Stupid question, newby here: I flashed my phone with the previous build (Not the one as of 10/4). Do I have to do an entire new flash to get the enhancements or is there some kind of updater that would allow me to not have to go through all of that.

Love the rom, just don't want to have to go through the flash process again. If I do, so be it.

Also, what is AppToDate?

Yes, you have to flash again to get the new fixes in my ROMs.

AppToDate is an application that will let you know if there is an update to programs. The program must be apptpdate friendly for it to work. Apptodate was created by paul here at Modaco.

Guest blazingwolf
so I know you're looking at other things (the previously mentioned appointments bug included) but here is another idea. Keep in mind this is both trivial as an issue but really one of the only remaining issues I have with WM as a whole:

silence the charge complete notification!

Like I said, not a world breaking problem. The issue is that you can't set the alert for this notification specifically that I know of, but in the middle of the night with my phone by my head plugged in I consistently wake up to the knowledge that my phone is now charged up. yay! Why do I care if it is now charged? An alert about an ERROR in charging yes, but a success? They default the active sync success to silent, why not this one? lol

I am never off the grid and my job requires me to be alert to everything through my phone. This means I can't silence the whole phone... but that notification being quiet would be a blessing like no other. Not sure if you can use a "blank" sound file or if there is a "hidden" setting for that... not even sure if it would break all notification alerts... just something to look at. No rush on it as I know you're busy and don't take it as a "it's your fault this does not work" as I know it's a m$ thing... I've been dealing w/ the annoyance so far, just a suggestion.

rock on.

I can't help with this. I don't have the knowledge needed to hack the dll to remove it.