BW WM7 Black and Blue Windows Phone 6.5 ROM Final

Guest blazingwolf

Guest blazingwolf
Is this an issue with 6.5, my omnia, or the Black ROM?

By the way, this only happens in the appointment screen, and I'd really like to get it fixed because I actually use my appointment calender occasionally.

You have an older version of the ROM that had this issue. Please update to the newer version and it should go away.

Guest blazingwolf
Thanks for your quick reply. I checked out a friends phone which is does not have a cooked rom and his phone does get the PRL programming. I always get a message saying :

"Plse hold on while we check your phone. I am sorry your phone cannot be programmed at this time. Please call on our customer support respresentative at (800)..... for assistance"

There must be a setting in the original CF03 ROM had that authenticates for the PRL programming.

My fear is if I do not get the PRL working I might need to go back to CF03 to ensure my phone can be programmed for service issues.

I had no issues updating my PRL with this ROM.

Was your friends phone an Omnia?

I had no issues updating my PRL with this ROM.

Was your friends phone an Omnia?

Yes but with the CF03 ROM on a Verizon Network. He is not as adventurous as me to try a cooked ROM. I do not where to look for the info even on his handset.

Guest blazingwolf
Yes but with the CF03 ROM on a Verizon Network. He is not as adventurous as me to try a cooked ROM. I do not where to look for the info even on his handset.

My ROM is CF03 based so I don't think that is the issue.

What have you installed?

Is your data working correctly?

Edited by blazingwolf

Guest beranimus

So this may have already been answered but there's 53 pages so it would be hard to find. Anyways my questions is does this ROM have the FM radio?

Edited by beranimus

BW, did you turn on GPS Location On by default? if not, where can I find that setting again? Using Blue now...

Location is not On by default, you will need to change it yourself. Start Menu -> Settings ->Personal -> Phone -> Services Tab -> GPS

You will need to set one of the hardware buttons to <OK/Close>, this is the only way to close the GPS Settings screen and save the settings.

So this may have already been answered but there's 53 pages so it would be hard to find. Anyways my questions is does this ROM have the FM radio?

Yes, FM Radio is installed on the ROM

My ROM is CF03 based so I don't think that is the issue.

What have you installed?

Is your data working correctly?

Yes, I had to configure it manually as it did not install it by itself throught the Black ROM installation.

Still PRL error.

Guest beranimus

So I have the black version of this ROM and I love it so far other than a pretty big issue im having. When i make a phone call I cant press of the on screen buttons. It's as if the screen locks but it can't figure out how to unlcok it. please help.

Guest rndchef
So I have the black version of this ROM and I love it so far other than a pretty big issue im having. When i make a phone call I cant press of the on screen buttons. It's as if the screen locks but it can't figure out how to unlcok it. please help.

There Autocalllocker program engages when you are on the phone doing this. You can either disengage the program by opening it and preventing it from starting or I push the center pad on my Omnia which disengages it so I can type a number. Its handy when you figure out how to use it with voice mail.

Guest beranimus

I tried to press the center button like it is on the original ROM but nothing happens other than the back light turning on. Still no response from the keypad. How do I just disable this all together? Or should I just try to re-install the ROM or switch to the blue one or what should I do?

Guest ohiokyle

Nice job BW. You made me like my phone again!

I only have one real issue and another minor one, that I can't find an answer to in this thread so far:

1.) Is there a way to keep my keyboard (Finger Keyboard 2.0, I realize this isn't the best, but unfortunately I don't have the time to research a better full keyboard...) selected after a soft reset? When I do a soft reset, the input method always switches over to the incite keyboard that is standard for this ROM.

2.) Also, I have my phone lock when I shut it off so I have to slide the icon across to unlock. When I turn it on & it's locked, the screen is to dim sometimes for me to read or see anything on the screen. I went to Advanced Config, Screen, Backlight lock level: and I keep changing it from "Dim while unlocking" to "Always Bright." Then I soft-reset. No matter what I do, it's still dim while locked. I have even skipped the soft reset in hopes it might work... no dice.

Yes... I am new...

Guest rndchef

Nice job BW. You made me like my phone again!

I only have one real issue and another minor one, that I can't find an answer to in this thread so far:

1.) Is there a way to keep my keyboard (Finger Keyboard 2.0, I realize this isn't the best, but unfortunately I don't have the time to research a better full keyboard...) selected after a soft reset? When I do a soft reset, the input method always switches over to the incite keyboard that is standard for this ROM.

BW has IM Selector on his rom. Load you Finger keyboard. Go to IM Selector under Utilities and select it. Restart and that should do the trick.

Not sure about #2

Guest dragonriot
Location is not On by default, you will need to change it yourself. Start Menu -> Settings ->Personal -> Phone -> Services Tab -> GPS

You will need to set one of the hardware buttons to <OK/Close>, this is the only way to close the GPS Settings screen and save the settings.

Thanks much

After using the Windows Marketplace cab, so that you can install app on the storage card, has anyone experience any trouble updating windows marketplace? I try to open it and it need to run an update. the update "downloads" about 75% then stops and states that "windows Marketplace for Mobile cannot connect right now. Try again later.. I have good signal, tried using WiFi, and can access the internet on my phone...help?

Edited by Matt P

Guest jesus169

Just installed this and it's close to making me not hate windows mobile. I just have a few hiccups. In google maps for some reason, I cannot use the numbers function of the keyboard and I'm not really sure why. Another question is how come the text message screen freezes for a couple seconds after exiting out of talking to a specific person? It just kinda hangs until you exit out of it with the "hang up" button.

Thanks

Just installed this and it's close to making me not hate windows mobile. I just have a few hiccups. In google maps for some reason, I cannot use the numbers function of the keyboard and I'm not really sure why. Another question is how come the text message screen freezes for a couple seconds after exiting out of talking to a specific person? It just kinda hangs until you exit out of it with the "hang up" button.

Thanks

I don't know why you would need to use the number functions with Google Maps. Most or all of the functions are easily accessible with the touch screen.

If you have a lot of messages, the screen can hang for a bit. Try clearing out your text messages and see if that improves speed.

Anyway to increase the size of the icons in start menu page.

Still having PRL update issue. If anyone has a solution plse inform.

At the bottom of the first post in this thread, there is a cab to make the Start Menu 3 items across instead of 4. So you would end up with larger icons

I know that you had issues with the data connection before and you have gotten that resolved. Have you tired hard resetting your phone? This is normally the easiest way to solve the data connection issues, so it might help with your PRL problems.