BW WM7 Black and Blue Windows Phone 6.5 ROM Final

Guest blazingwolf

Guest Randy7628

Hey BlazingWolf! This ROM looks great. The lack of comments hopefully is a good thing. I'm currently using one of Adryn's ROMS, and I would really like to start using this ROM, but I think my ISP is blocking 4shared.

No, I'm not complaining, I'll get it downloaded somehow, but I have a question. I have a huge website that's just going to waste right now. Would it help you and the other chefs if you had an absolutely free and virtually unlimited website to store/share your ROMS? I'm not kidding or spamming (just in case anyone is wondering). It just seems there are a select few whose ISPs are blocking file sharing websites. I will be keeping this website whether it's used or not (i use it for email and development anyway), but I just figured if you guys needed webspace that wasn't restrictive or labelled as file sharing, I would let you have it. I do not own the server it sits on, I just pay for the usage. I think there is some real talent that goes into making these ROMS and I have nothing but respect for you guys' abilities.

Let me know what you think. I'm here on modaco and on samsung-omnia.org.

To all the chefs -- thanks for all the work!

Hey BlazingWolf! This ROM looks great. The lack of comments hopefully is a good thing. I'm currently using one of Adryn's ROMS, and I would really like to start using this ROM, but I think my ISP is blocking 4shared.

No, I'm not complaining, I'll get it downloaded somehow, but I have a question. I have a huge website that's just going to waste right now. Would it help you and the other chefs if you had an absolutely free and virtually unlimited website to store/share your ROMS? I'm not kidding or spamming (just in case anyone is wondering). It just seems there are a select few whose ISPs are blocking file sharing websites. I will be keeping this website whether it's used or not (i use it for email and development anyway), but I just figured if you guys needed webspace that wasn't restrictive or labelled as file sharing, I would let you have it. I do not own the server it sits on, I just pay for the usage. I think there is some real talent that goes into making these ROMS and I have nothing but respect for you guys' abilities.

Let me know what you think. I'm here on modaco and on samsung-omnia.org.

To all the chefs -- thanks for all the work!

Interested!!!!!!

Stable is always good. :)

Thanks for the comments as I was beginning to wonder. :)

Thank you for all your time. I'm loving this ROM. I've been barely able to keep up with things at work right now, let alone play with much on my phone, but I did Flash to this new 7 OS and it is nice and stable. I tried your beta ROMs but went right back to the Night ROM because at the time I couldn't deal with the unresolved issues when I needed to use my phone for work. You did a tremendous job getting everything working. Of course the new MS layout affects some 3rd party apps that now have their bottom tool bar cut short by the new bottom task bar buttons, but I guess those app developers will catch up soon enough.

I did take notice of something. There have been a couple comments about screen touch sensitivity and I notice it too, the issue becomes more prevalent in some games I play. I now have to be more exact with where I touch the screen to activate the proper input button - in some instances where I could use my fingertip with your 1.4 ROM, I now have trouble even using a stylus.

I took a look at the touch registry entries:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/HARDWARE/DEVICEMAP/TOUCH/ CalibrationData: 504,503 177,881 182,129 847,127 849,872

There is a suggested registry hack that has the same entries except the first number which is suggested to be 519. I tried making this change and noticed an improvement, though I have no idea what this particular setting change actually does. I have not been able to flash back to your Night 1.4 ROM to compare yet (I need to download this ROM to my current location before flashing back, but either I have a DNS issue or the 4shared link seems to be hijacked or something. I tried a couple different files from a few cooks and all 4shared links end up failing to 'www.abcjardins.com' for me at the moment, whatever that is. Anyone else seeing this?)

All in all, very impressive work once again. You say this ROM is a bit heavier, but I like it. It feels comparable to your past ones in performance, and I like trying the different tools you include. Thanks :)

Guest blazingwolf
Thank you for all your time. I'm loving this ROM. I've been barely able to keep up with things at work right now, let alone play with much on my phone, but I did Flash to this new 7 OS and it is nice and stable. I tried your beta ROMs but went right back to the Night ROM because at the time I couldn't deal with the unresolved issues when I needed to use my phone for work. You did a tremendous job getting everything working. Of course the new MS layout affects some 3rd party apps that now have their bottom tool bar cut short by the new bottom task bar buttons, but I guess those app developers will catch up soon enough.

I did take notice of something. There have been a couple comments about screen touch sensitivity and I notice it too, the issue becomes more prevalent in some games I play. I now have to be more exact with where I touch the screen to activate the proper input button - in some instances where I could use my fingertip with your 1.4 ROM, I now have trouble even using a stylus.

I took a look at the touch registry entries:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/HARDWARE/DEVICEMAP/TOUCH/ CalibrationData: 504,503 177,881 182,129 847,127 849,872

There is a suggested registry hack that has the same entries except the first number which is suggested to be 519. I tried making this change and noticed an improvement, though I have no idea what this particular setting change actually does. I have not been able to flash back to your Night 1.4 ROM to compare yet (I need to download this ROM to my current location before flashing back, but either I have a DNS issue or the 4shared link seems to be hijacked or something. I tried a couple different files from a few cooks and all 4shared links end up failing to 'www.abcjardins.com' for me at the moment, whatever that is. Anyone else seeing this?)

All in all, very impressive work once again. You say this ROM is a bit heavier, but I like it. It feels comparable to your past ones in performance, and I like trying the different tools you include. Thanks :)

Thanks for the comments. :)

The calibration data represents different points on your screen. The X and Y of each position you are asked to tap when doing a screen alignment. I tried the 519 position and did not like how it affected my device (taps were not in the right location). Each device is different though so it might work better on yours.

I wonder if I forgot to turn off the minimum tap time. I will have to check. Edit: I did. Try the attached cab and let me know if it seems better.

4Shared as had some issues over the last day or so. I checked it this morning and it seems to be working so give it a try again.

BW_Touch_Sensitivity_Fix.cab

Edited by blazingwolf

Try the attached cab and let me know if it seems better.

4Shared as had some issues over the last day or so. I checked it this morning and it seems to be working so give it a try again.

4shared is working for me this morning as well.

Installed your cab file and it is much better. I tried it with both registry settings of 519 and 504, and for me 519 seems to work better. :)

Great work once again!

Guest blazingwolf
Planning on looking into 23047 at all for this rom.

Yes. I have most of it done already but I can no longer flash from my laptop (which is my only PC right now). So I am in the process of backing everything up so I can do a clean install and start over.

I might have something by tomorrow.

Hmm. Stock Samsung keyboard? Added any 3rd party stuff?

I had this same problem with Night v1.4. Oftentimes when sending text messages the keyboard would appear that it's working without typing anything. More of an annoyance as you really don't need to soft reset. Just completely close whatever you're using and reopen it. If it fails again just close and restart a third time. Never took more than the third time for me. If you figure it out and get it fixed I'll swap up but like I said, it's just annoying, not a deal breaker.

Guest blazingwolf
I had this same problem with Night v1.4. Oftentimes when sending text messages the keyboard would appear that it's working without typing anything. More of an annoyance as you really don't need to soft reset. Just completely close whatever you're using and reopen it. If it fails again just close and restart a third time. Never took more than the third time for me. If you figure it out and get it fixed I'll swap up but like I said, it's just annoying, not a deal breaker.

Ah. That would be a known issue with the Samsung Keyboard. Started with CC20.

Guest Steel Froggy

so was that a no go on the black theme?

i really like wozzer's naked rom i have flashed now..

but i've heard he's left.

you dont' do anything like that, do you blazingwolf?

just strip everything as naked as possible. xD

Guest blazingwolf
so was that a no go on the black theme?

i really like wozzer's naked rom i have flashed now..

but i've heard he's left.

you dont' do anything like that, do you blazingwolf?

just strip everything as naked as possible. xD

I haven't said no to another black theme. I just moved away from it because I was bored with black.

I'm not working on a base ROM. I make ROMs that I use and mine are not base.

Guest Randy7628

Thank you for the heads up. It is working today. After I posted yesterday, I went and checked and I'm not blocked from 4shared ---- yet. But I am blocked from rapidshare. The offer still stands though.

I just flashed the ROM and so far its great! I do have one question though, I prefer original titanium to Neo but after I install your cab to change it, some panels begin with capital letters and others begin with lowercase letters. Either one is fine to me, I just like everything to be uniform. Is there a way to change the first letter of each panel?

Guest Randy7628

Got it flashed, and all I can say is WOW. I like the theme colors. They match my car's exterior! It's responsive. Everything seems to be working good. No issues that haven't already been listed, but the real test for me will be pairing it by bluetooth with my car tomorrow. Thanks again for a great ROM.

Anybody know how to add a new email account? The only choice I see is Outlook email but I want to add my gmail account. Ideas?

Open the Outlook email and select tools-new account. It will step you through setting up access to your gmail account.

Guest blazingwolf
I just flashed the ROM and so far its great! I do have one question though, I prefer original titanium to Neo but after I install your cab to change it, some panels begin with capital letters and others begin with lowercase letters. Either one is fine to me, I just like everything to be uniform. Is there a way to change the first letter of each panel?

I forgot to modify the dll files that control this. :) I'll get them for the next version.

Guest blazingwolf
Got it flashed, and all I can say is WOW. I like the theme colors. They match my car's exterior! It's responsive. Everything seems to be working good. No issues that haven't already been listed, but the real test for me will be pairing it by bluetooth with my car tomorrow. Thanks again for a great ROM.

Glad you like it. :)

Guest BrianPick
Yes. I have most of it done already but I can no longer flash from my laptop (which is my only PC right now). So I am in the process of backing everything up so I can do a clean install and start over.

I might have something by tomorrow.

Well just reflash your computer. :)

What OS are you running. If you would like the Win 7 RTM PM me and we'll see what we can do about that.

good stuff man :) i'll work on a better image for that windows live symbol...this time i'll get some reflection, lol...i'm getting used to the thumbcal and loving the wireless internet sharing, good stuff man :)

one other thing, with some of the panels the first letter isn't capitalized :) guess you forgot to include that file again...just wanted to let you know for the next version, haha

thanks for all your hard work

Hey,

Great job. I just updated [First Time]. I was scared as hell. But getting all of the verizon crapware was damn worthy. So far so good. I need to learn how to use this phone again but again Great JOB!!!

It is possible to update the software in the rom? Should I install the attached files that you have as well!?

Any advice, like know issues or stuff like that!!?

Guest blazingwolf
good stuff man :) i'll work on a better image for that windows live symbol...this time i'll get some reflection, lol...i'm getting used to the thumbcal and loving the wireless internet sharing, good stuff man :)

one other thing, with some of the panels the first letter isn't capitalized :) guess you forgot to include that file again...just wanted to let you know for the next version, haha

thanks for all your hard work

Yeah, I forgot. I have to modify the dll files to show capitals so if I don't think about it you don't see them.