Wi-Fi signal dropping off.

Guest tone-fu

Guest tone-fu

I'm on a sim-free Hero, running the custom 2.0 core ROM and I'm getting a lot of grief with my Wifi dropping out when the phone goes to sleep. I've gone into the settings, set the Wifi not to suspend at all, yet when the phone comes out of standby it won't connect to a damn thing. The Wifi icon is still there and I'm showing as connected but the browser will not connect and load pages over the connection. The only solution I've found is to toggle Wifi off, then on again - it works fine then until I lock the handset when it all starts again! Sometimes the Wifi suspends too, even though I've told it not to! Grrr!

Anyone had similar problems, any suggestions?

Cheers :)

Edited by tone-fu

Guest Chris Jenx
I'm on a sim-free Hero, running the custom 2.0 core ROM and I'm getting a lot of grief with my Wifi dropping out when the phone goes to sleep. I've gone into the settings, set the Wifi not to suspend at all, yet when the phone comes out of standby it won't connect to a damn thing. The Wifi icon is still there and I'm showing as connected but the browser will not connect and load pages over the connection. The only solution I've found is to toggle Wifi off, then on again - it works fine then until I lock the handset when it all starts again! Sometimes the Wifi suspends too, even though I've told it not to! Grrr!

Anyone had similar problems, any suggestions?

Cheers :)

I dont have issues with wifi dropping off, I'm not sure if its my wireless point or not but when I leave my house then comeback the wireless connection fails and requires a off/on or a manual reconnect. Seems that the new radio and Patch from HTC are still dodgy.

Blue tooth is also a pain as well.

I'm not sure if it'll be of help but I had issues with maintaining a Wi-Fi connection and found that changing the security type on the router made a difference. Might be worth giving it a try at least.

Edited by Guest

Thanks for the tips guys. I've had no internet connection for the past couple of days so I haven't been able to test out the options. I'll get involved over the weekend and get back to you.

:)

• 2 weeks later...

I've tried all of the above suggestions and had a mixed bag of results. As it stands, if I connect to wi-fi and the screen sleeps (even if I've set it to stay connected) it drops off, I have to wait 1-2 minutes for it to come alive again. It's really annoying, but not the end of the world I suppose.

Guest Chris Jenx
I've tried all of the above suggestions and had a mixed bag of results. As it stands, if I connect to wi-fi and the screen sleeps (even if I've set it to stay connected) it drops off, I have to wait 1-2 minutes for it to come alive again. It's really annoying, but not the end of the world I suppose.

Well depending on what HTC release source wise I'm sure we could tweak some settings. I know there are general bt/wifi/gsm improvements in coming versions of android.