Cannot flash anymore can somebody help please?

Guest SSteve_C

Guest SSteve_C

Here is what happened.

I flashed to kuanchai's 23409 rom and have used it for a couple of days, and then I was reflashing my omnia to kuanchai's 21851 rom. During the process, after the the image was downloaded, it said 'waiting for reboot..' and it stuck there for a few minutes, so I manually soft reset my omnia, and the screen got stuck at SAMSUNG OMNIA screen and wouldn't proceed. So I disconnected the USB and soft reset again, and omnia just worked like I just finished flashing. So I checked the version under settings and it displayed build 23409. Since then, when I turn on the phone WHILE CONNECTED to the USB, the PC won't recognize omnia and the screen just gets stuck at SAMSUNG OMNIA screen. So I cannot flash anymore. However, if I disconnect the USB and start, the phone just works fine.

I tried hard resetting my phone and the problem persists. Does anyone have any ideas? I would really appreciate it.

Guest Morad kassem
Here is what happened.

I flashed to kuanchai's 23409 rom and have used it for a couple of days, and then I was reflashing my omnia to kuanchai's 21851 rom. During the process, after the the image was downloaded, it said 'waiting for reboot..' and it stuck there for a few minutes, so I manually soft reset my omnia, and the screen got stuck at SAMSUNG OMNIA screen and wouldn't proceed. So I disconnected the USB and soft reset again, and omnia just worked like I just finished flashing. So I checked the version under settings and it displayed build 23409. Since then, when I turn on the phone WHILE CONNECTED to the USB, the PC won't recognize omnia and the screen just gets stuck at SAMSUNG OMNIA screen. So I cannot flash anymore. However, if I disconnect the USB and start, the phone just works fine.

I tried hard resetting my phone and the problem persists. Does anyone have any ideas? I would really appreciate it.

u can disconnect the USB & re plug it again while the phone is booting & the computer should dedect ur phone. Try & let me know.

Guest SSteve_C

Ok, so I connected my omnia to USB, turned it off, and then turned it back on again, and it gets stuck on SAMSUNG OMNIA screen. I tried disconnecting and reconnecting, but nothing happens :) It is just stuck at SAMSUNG OMNIA screen.

BTW the phone starts and works fine if I turn it on while NOT connected to the USB.

Edited by SSteve_C

Guest Morad kassem
Ok, so I connected my omnia to USB, turned it off, and then turned it back on again, and it gets stuck on SAMSUNG OMNIA screen. I tried disconnecting and reconnecting, but nothing happens :) It is just stuck at SAMSUNG OMNIA screen.

BTW the phone starts and works fine if I turn it on while NOT connected to the USB.

It seems that the omnia modem drivers needs to be re installed. to make sure check if the phone will connect to the computer while it's open & in normal state or not.

Guest omniacwazy
It seems that the omnia modem drivers needs to be re installed. to make sure check if the phone will connect to the computer while it's open & in normal state or not.

Hi Steve, did you ensure your USB connection was in activesync mode or usb storage mode?

If you had been on USB storage mode when flashing previously, I'd recommend you change it to activesync mode and try reflash again, perhaps using another of KC's ROM instead of 21851. Use an older ROM (even before his F1 Roms) that you have used before. That may help...oh, and before you click on start to begin flashing, ensure you have the box checked, to format the large hard disk. That will help do away with any errors that happened in your previous flash.

Good luck!

Edited by omniacwazy

Guest dzerry75

Re-install ActiveSync and CDMA ModemDriver. Reboot your PC.

Make sure Activesync is enabled/checked on your omnia's USB connection settings.

And in USB TO PC, uncheck ENABLE ADVANCED NETWORK Functinality.

Plug in your omnia (powered on) to your pc.

To check whether or not your activesync works.

If successfull, that''s guaranteed you can flash again!

Hope it works!