Unread Messages

Guest malbon

Im on ROM 2.0 and I also have SMS Popup application which both work fine.

Anyhow, after a message has been received I read it on the popup and close it. Ok, its still in notifications which I’d prefer SMS Popup to delete from but not a big problem – I go into Notifications and clear the message away. However, on my Message icon is still says ‘1’ as in Unread message. I go into this icon and read the message and its already been read (i.e. not in bold). The ‘1’ is still there on my icon. I delete the message and it disappears. Something seems wrong !

Guest Funkyfin2000
Im on ROM 2.0 and I also have SMS Popup application which both work fine.

Anyhow, after a message has been received I read it on the popup and close it. Ok, its still in notifications which I’d prefer SMS Popup to delete from but not a big problem – I go into Notifications and clear the message away. However, on my Message icon is still says ‘1’ as in Unread message. I go into this icon and read the message and its already been read (i.e. not in bold). The ‘1’ is still there on my icon. I delete the message and it disappears. Something seems wrong !

I had exactly this as well and didn't know anyway of sorting it out sadly :)

• 3 months later...
Guest Hamdan919

Do u guys have any of the widgets that shows SMS. If you do you might need to try this. I have Beautiful Widgets pack 2, which includes Beautiful SMS widget, and which is I never used, and I had the same problem as you guys, so I just added the widget to my screen, and it asked for configuration, so I just I disabled the notification choice. Happily everything went back as normal.

I hope you guys find this helpful. ;)

I know my response is sort of late, but who knows maybe it will help someone else.

Edited by Hamdan919

Guest Dan Mullen
Do u guys have any of the widgets that shows SMS. If you do you might need to try this. I have Beautiful Widgets pack 2, which includes Beautiful SMS widget, and which is I never used, and I had the same problem as you guys, so I just added the widget to my screen, and it asked for configuration, so I just I disabled the notification choice. Happily everything went back as normal.

I hope you guys find this helpful. ;)

I know my response is sort of late, but who knows maybe it will help someone else.

I sometimes get the same problem, seemingly randomly. I've learned to ignore it ;)

• 1 month later...
Guest seanism

I have this problem too. I checked the box to clear notifications on close but that didn't do anything. Once I Disabled the notifications in SMS app it now clears the notification but it still shows the 1 on messages.

Has anyone emailed the developer?

• 5 months later...
Guest TPtran

I think I figured this out. If you go to the settings of SMSpopup and go into the additional settings, make sure in 'other' that MARK READ is unticked.

When receiving a message with SMSpopup, I find it easy just to close the pop up and then go into it through the 'messages' icon, to read the message and that's always worked for me.

To momentarily remove that 1 in the unread messages, try deleting just one message and see what happens?

Good luck!