No new voicemail notification

Guest gadgetgaz

Guest gadgetgaz

I just noticed that I have 4 voicemails dating back a week! I have received no notification of them.

I just tried ringing my mobile and rejecting the call - left myself a message - received a missed call alert but nothing to say I had a voicemail!

I have an unbranded Hero with the Modaco ROM 2.0 rooted.

Does anyone else have this problem?

I just noticed that I have 4 voicemails dating back a week! I have received no notification of them.

I just tried ringing my mobile and rejecting the call - left myself a message - received a missed call alert but nothing to say I had a voicemail!

I have an unbranded Hero with the Modaco ROM 2.0 rooted.

What network? My experience is that with Orange only get Voicemail notification if there are no existing unread messages in your voicemail box (since the notification should be up anyway).

That said, I have just left myself a message and have not had a notification yet. I am starting to wonder whether one of the modifications that Orange make to their ROM is to handle their voicemail notifications. I am using the HTC Generic 2.73.405.5 with radio 63.18.55.06EU_6.35.06.18 ROM rooted. I am using SmsToMailbox and no messages have arrived there, so it does not seem to be a missing text problem.

Update

I checked the voicemail settings when I called my voicemail and found that Voicemail Notifications were turned off. I don't know how they came to be turned off. I turned them on, left myself another test message and still no notification. However, having looked at the SMS messages on my SIM Card with the standard messaging app, (Options|Manage SIM card messages) I found a message containing a few odd characters which arrived when then SIM notification should have. This suggests that the Generic HTC Rom does not know how to handle Orange Voicemail notifications.

Jules

Edited by JulesB

I checked the voicemail settings when I called my voicemail and found that Voicemail Notifications were turned off. I don't know how they came to be turned off. I turned them on, left myself another test message and still no notification. However, having looked at the SMS messages on my SIM Card with the standard messaging app, (Options|Manage SIM card messages) I found a message containing a few odd characters which arrived when then SIM notification should have. This suggests that the Generic HTC Rom does not know how to handle Orange Voicemail notifications.

I take it back. The voicemail notification eventually arrived at 7.30pm, 9 hours after I left the message. Perhaps it was caught up in the Orange network outages today. When it did arrive I got the usual voicemail spool indicator on the notification bar. So Orange voicemail notifications do work in the Generic HTC ROM.

Jules

Guest gadgetgaz
I take it back. The voicemail notification eventually arrived at 7.30pm, 9 hours after I left the message. Perhaps it was caught up in the Orange network outages today. When it did arrive I got the usual voicemail spool indicator on the notification bar. So Orange voicemail notifications do work in the Generic HTC ROM.

Jules

Probably not a coincidence but i have exactly the same experience as you. I am also on Orange UK. The test voicemail I left myself this morning about 10am finally received a notification sometime between 7pm and 8pm this evening!

Edited by gadgetgaz