How solve not connected letters?

Guest Abu Joorey

Guest Abu Joorey

Hi,

I just got my Hero and I did Modaco 2.2 ROM, also I changed the DroidSansFallback.ttf at /system/fonts to help me read Arabic Text!

It work in reading Arabic BUT letters are not connected togather!

Like بريطانيا it become ب ر ي ط ا ن ي ا (I don't know if it appeared to you or not :-$ )

Anyway, Right to left supported :) , Arabic letter supported ;) except letters are not connected :) .

Could you please help me to solve this issue, is it in Fonts? (I test 4 Arabic fonts)

Is it in system? :)

Or should I wait for an update from HTC :)

Thanks a lot for your help, I appreciate your work.

Regards

Edited by Abu Joorey

• 3 weeks later...
Guest zeroeffect
I just got my Hero and I did Modaco 2.2 ROM, also I changed the DroidSansFallback.ttf at /system/fonts to help me read Arabic Text!

It work in reading Arabic BUT letters are not connected togather!

Like بريطانيا it become ب ر ي ط ا ن ي ا (I don't know if it appeared to you or not :-$ )

Anyway, Right to left supported :D , Arabic letter supported :D except letters are not connected :D .

Could you please help me to solve this issue, is it in Fonts? (I test 4 Arabic fonts)

Is it in system? :)

Or should I wait for an update from HTC :P

Thanks a lot for your help, I appreciate your work.

Regards

Hi People

I am using the same ROM and also changed the Font to Arabic by the help of http://dumpytips.blogspot.com/2009/09/easi...f-solution.html and got the same problem as Abou Joorey. Till now nothing new and interesting.

I can view arabic sites by the default internet browser in Android ,my Case, HTC Hero letters are from left to right but Opera from right to left.

Anyway I was searching the market and fetched a prog called "English-Arabic Translator" by dynotes.

Fortunatly it works just perfect. it translate english words to arabic in the right form.

3.jpg

when i copied an arabic translated sentence from "English-Arabic Translator" to new message the format didn't change

and i send it to a Nokia and it was received as it is with no change. Then i resend it from Nokia back to Hero and it

was still good looking arabic sentence.

How come??? Why when a message written in Nokia and sent to android it is unaltered?

and when sent from android and then sent back to android it is readable.

Sorry for the screen shots haven't installed screenshot.apk yet

1.jpg

2.jpg

Edited by zeroeffect