Ultralite 23088/23506, MegAmnia 21872 and Kitchen(28008/23511/23091/21874).

Guest WoZZeR999

It's probably 1 of the folowing:

Too many files/Too large (stock OEM was too large to create without deleting some stuff, at least in XPR)

OMG_Lang_0409/initflashfiles is not in ANSI or Unicode

Files are not in the right location.

I am probably having trouble (won't get past the samsung screen) due to #1. My initflashfiles is unicode and I think my files are in the right location. So must be too large... I'll play w/ it. Any other ideas?

Guest xenspidey
I am probably having trouble (won't get past the samsung screen) due to #1. My initflashfiles is unicode and I think my files are in the right location. So must be too large... I'll play w/ it. Any other ideas?

Are you cooking in Windows 7? i had to run all my exe's in the kitchen in compatiblity mode with WIN XP SP2

Guest waremike32

Here is another update to the recmodsys.cmd. Please give feedback.

I've removed the resource modules and added a few more modules that were allocated to slot 0. With my OEM, this is completely freeing up slot 0 without deleting anything. Just need to double check and make sure there aren't any extra modules that do not have to be recmodded.

Place and run in the base of your kitchen.

Make sure these items are in your tools folder:

nueRecMod.exe

recfile.cmd

recfolder.cmd

New_Recmod_SYS_V2.rar

Guest WoZZeR999

Does SMS, rings still come up properly? That seems to be the only think I would worry about with this. As long as you don't see any normal initial delays, that should be fine.

Wozz: I am new to kitchens for the Omnia - last kitchen I used was for the Titan (XV6800) - build OS. So I hope this isn't a really stupid question, but....

Once I have the ROM and SYS files located in the proper space in the kitchen directory, all I need to do is run the batch file BUILDROM.BAT and then tell it my ROM version I want to build? (23053) Is that all there is to it? For some reason I get the following error:

Running Platform Rebuilder on 23053

Fixing file attributes

Creating rom using LZX compression

OS ROM Partition Tool V1.59 By Weisun :> PDAclan.com

Sector size : 0x00000800

Extra data bytes : 0x00000000

OS IMAGE found.

Partitions infomation:

Part-0 type: BOOT SECTION image

Part-1 type: XIP RAM Image

Part-2 type: IMGFS file system

Can not find compression signature.

Part-2 inserting...

Part-2 is an IMGFS Partition...

Successfully inserted temp\imgfs.new into os.nb.NEW

OS ROM Partition Tool V1.59 By Weisun :> PDAclan.com

Sector size : 0x00000800

Extra data bytes : 0x00000000

OS IMAGE found.

Partitions infomation:

Part-0 type: BOOT SECTION image

Part-1 type: XIP RAM Image

Part-2 type: IMGFS file system

ERROR - Can not open the source Uncompress file

The system cannot find the file specified.

Deleting Temp

Press any key to continue . . .

I'm running this on XP, and don't have any OEM files yet. Is there any more detailed instructions on running your kitchen? Any idea as to what I am missing?

Sorry if this is a dumb question... :)

/Chimp

Guest dutchtom

I'm having a problem with the SMS still. I can't receive or send text messages, so I did a hard reset and I still have the same issue. I noticed that the XDA_UC service installation hangs once I hit the ok button to start the service. I don't know if that has anything to do with why text messaging wouldn't work...but it's worth mentioning.

Guest WoZZeR999

It's probably not hanging, it take a while to run. You will see a completion screen. I forgot to upload 23053, let me rebuild and upload that. My new version will automatically reset when it's done.

For some reason it's not creating a XIP.bin. You probably don't have your ROM folder setup correctly.

Does the kitchen have to be in a certain folder area? Like directly off the C: root drive? I have it currently in my C:\Program Files\OmniaKitchen - would that be the issue? I copied the SYS and ROM files exactly as the thread said it should (I copied the corresponding 23053 folders from each zip file to the same folder in the kitchen).

/Chimp

Guest WoZZeR999
Hello can someone please upload the mirror at Rapidshare as unable to access 4shared in China

These roms are for the i910 only. The kitchen is for both.

Chimp: it shouldn't matter where it's located. When the screen says 'compressing using xxx' check to see that there is a xip.bin in the temp folder.

Edited by WoZZeR999

Chimp: it shouldn't matter where it's located. When the screen says 'compressing using xxx' check to see that there is a xip.bin in the temp folder.

Nope, there is an XIP folder but no XIP.bin file.

I cleaned out everything... unzipped the files again and started from scratch. Same result. Once I have copied the 23053 folders from SYS/ROM to their equivilent SYS/ROM folders in the kitchen, all I need to do is run BUILDROM.CMD, right?

/Chimp

Ah ha... If you look at my output from the thread above, I don't see anything that says 'Compressing using ...' - it does say, though, Can not find compression signature.

Would that have something to do with it? Something I am missing?

/Chimp

Guest ATSsupport

Hey WoZZer, I've been doing a little cooking, but ended up back at your ultralight. I know we worked out the txt message and camera button bug, but your new 23053 seems to have both again. except there is no obvious popup on the text message it just doesn't send or receive

On the brighter side, phone ex works for me now with the new build

Edited by ATSsupport

Guest WoZZeR999
Hey WoZZer, I've been doing a little cooking, but ended up back at your ultralight. I know we worked out the txt message and camera button bug, but your new 23053 seems to have both again. except there is no obvious popup on the text message it just doesn't send or receive

On the brighter side, phone ex works for me now with the new build

Text messaging works fine, and it's the keyboard that doesn't like the camera. I'm not sure why, but the HTC xt9 and the Samsung camera do not get along together.

Guest ATSsupport

I tried to send messages from vtext and they never showed up on the phone, I'll do a hard reset and check out the text thing, the camera isn't a big deal, if I turn off the xt9 will the camera work?