Ultralite 23088/23506, MegAmnia 21872 and Kitchen(28008/23511/23091/21874).

Guest WoZZeR999

Guest Mastergreeny
23049 (V3) sms works perfectly for me. Do a hard reset and call me in the morning.

I'll update the link

Man that was weird...I hard reset and it works ok now.

Battery seems to be running down very fast though...I have had it off charger since 10 and after an an 1hr 20 mins its at 74 percent. All I have done since it was off is one hard reset and sent 4 text messages. I wonder if this is from the 1% battery increments? Does your seem like it is losing battery faster?

Guest seanosaur
What about your initflashfiles.dat?

if that's for me, it's saved as unicode.

here's a screenshot of the error and of the files in my kitchen base. am i missing something?

post-515051-1253114884_thumb.jpg

Guest WoZZeR999

I haven't charged it since last night, and I'm at 74%

It looks like it's not creating the xip.bin in the TEMP folder. The kitchen ports the xip.bin. You don't need the xip.bin (more incorrect information from omniarom.com, go figure).

Is your ROM folder correct? It looks like you have a XIP folder as well, what's in it?

Edited by WoZZeR999

Guest Mastergreeny

It looks like it's not creating the xip.bin in the TEMP folder. The kitchen ports the xip.bin. You don't need the xip.bin (more incorrect information from omniarom.com, go figure).

Is your ROM folder correct? It looks like you have a XIP folder as well, what's in it?

weird...I guess I will let it go since I hard reset and see how it does today.

Guest seanosaur

ok i got rid of xip.bin in kitchen base. attached screenshot of rom & xip folders

post-515051-1253116024_thumb.jpg

Guest WoZZeR999

Your 'XIP' folder should be in the ROM folder. I see the XIP in the base of the kitchen, is that what you showed, or the XIP in the rom folder?

open shell, and do a 'dir /b /ad /s /d * >output.txt' and copy that text (from output.txt) to paste-it.net and pm me the link.

Edited by WoZZeR999

Guest WoZZeR999

It looks like you just messed up your ROM folder...

Delete your rom folder. Download the base_kitchen v 1.02, and extract the /ROM folder. Download 23049.7z and extract that rom folder. After everything, you should have this as a structure in /ROM

rom\XIP\23049\MSXIPKernel

rom\XIP\Omnia\LangDB

rom\XIP\Omnia\MSXIPKernelLTK

rom\XIP\Omnia\OEMXIPKERNEL

rom\XIP\Omnia\WinCENLS_WWE

Guest seanosaur
It looks like you just messed up your ROM folder...

Delete your rom folder. Download the base_kitchen v 1.02, and extract the /ROM folder. Download 23049.7z and extract that rom folder. After everything, you should have this as a structure in /ROM

rom\XIP\23049\MSXIPKernel

rom\XIP\Omnia\LangDB

rom\XIP\Omnia\MSXIPKernelLTK

rom\XIP\Omnia\OEMXIPKERNEL

rom\XIP\Omnia\WinCENLS_WWE

it looks like it's working. thanks for going through all that trouble to help me out.

Guest WoZZeR999

I posted this in the 900 side. This is as much of a tutorial as you are getting from me.

download the clean kitchen (download the base v1.02, extract it to an empty folder)

download 23049.7z and extract it with paths to that folder

Move your /OEM from an old kitchen to the OEM in this kitchen.

run 'Clear file attributes'

If you want an xpr compress rom, run enable xpr. The kitchen is setup for LZX

Build your rom.

You do no need an xip.bin. This does the porting. You do not need to do anything except extract the archives (with path included).

OEM/OEM_Lang_0XXX initflashfiles.dat should be unicode or ANSI

Run 'clear file attributes' before building for the first time or when adding a new SYS/XIP.

If this is too much for you, return your phone to the bigbox store you bought it from and buy 2 paper cups and a piece of string...

Guest MrCapcom
I posted this in the 900 side. This is as much of a tutorial as you are getting from me.

download the clean kitchen (download the base v1.02, extract it to an empty folder)

download 23049.7z and extract it with paths to that folder

Move your /OEM from an old kitchen to the OEM in this kitchen.

run 'Clear file attributes'

If you want an xpr compress rom, run enable xpr. The kitchen is setup for LZX

Build your rom.

You do no need an xip.bin. This does the porting. You do not need to do anything except extract the archives (with path included).

OEM/OEM_Lang_0XXX initflashfiles.dat should be unicode or ANSI

Run 'clear file attributes' before building for the first time or when adding a new SYS/XIP.

If this is too much for you, return your phone to the bigbox store you bought it from and buy 2 paper cups and a piece of string...

I hear you get better reception with tin cans.... :)

Guest Mastergreeny
Yeah, but the calls just seem a little... tinny

:)

I think the battery power readout must just be a little glitchy or it really likes to read 74%. It went down to 74% in 1-1/2 hrs and it has read 74 percent for the last 3 hours. Oh well I guess it doesnt matter as long as it doesn't drain power.

Edited by Mastergreeny

@Wozzer, thanks, your new version looks really good-

What issue do you have with 23049? I don't see anything wrong - What is it you refer to? I have it up and running for a few days I don't get any errors?

Guest waremike32
I'm building and uploading a 23047 now. I don't know what's wrong with my 23049.

Also, don't listen to the guys at omniarom.com, they have no idea what they are talking about.

Hehehe, those instructions were posted before we really knew how the kitchen worked. We were still feeling it out. And they were not meant to be taken as fact or a tut anyway, if you read the surrounding posts.

Guest WoZZeR999

I just saw a lot of 'commands' thrown as fact there (not by you). Lioryte, make sure your SMS works on 23049, it may not :). Also, check your camera and see if you can zoom and take a picture with the camera button. Wifi may also be gone.

Guest Mastergreeny

Hey Wozzer have you had any problems with the wifi turning itself on after a soft reset? It has done this to me a few times. I havent added anything else to the Rom yet cause I wanted to make it sure it wasn't something I was doing to it.

Also, I was trying to change the font size in the menu bar so the word contacts would all show up. I changed it through advanced config. Set the value to like 700 from 800 and soft reset. Then when it boots it freezes on the samsung screen and I have to hit the power button on and off to get the screen to unlock. The font is changed when it unfreezes but cant figure out why I would have to hit the power on and off to unfreeze screen. Maybe I just need to find the Reg setting that advanced config is adjusting and change it myself.

Guest Mastergreeny
Advanced config is VERY old,I'm pretty sure it's not 100% compatible with WM6.5

Ya I thought advanced config might be the problem too. I will have to just figure out where the reg value is at and change it manually.

Guest xenspidey

Anyone else having problems with ezinputsettings.exe? it won't let you mess with the settings. It seems like the SIP has changed since the last version (no XT9). Anythoughts? @WoZZer - are you aware of this?

Anyone else having problems with ezinputsettings.exe? it won't let you mess with the settings. It seems like the SIP has changed since the last version (no XT9). Anythoughts? @WoZZer - are you aware of this?

Nothing happens when I try to run it.

I'm building and uploading a 23047 now. I don't know what's wrong with my 23049.

Also, don't listen to the guys at omniarom.com, they have no idea what they are talking about.

Wow Dont Know What to say about that one!!!! We took this kitchen when it was first released with no instruction and did what we could! until we got some more info on it!

Guest WoZZeR999

I don't really have much info on it. I created it in bits and pieces over a month. I don't even remember why I first started it.

I didn't mean any harm by it, there was just things being stated as fact (in my opinion) that were rough guesses.