How to move browsers cache to memory card

Guest xdalover

Guest xdalover

I'd like to move the IE cache to the memory card (the same for Iris and Opera cache) . I've tested SKTOOLS and MemMaid as well without success. On previous devices I've never had problems , so I don't know what happens whit this one. Any suggestion?

Thank You!

Guest xdalover
SK Tools should be able to do this.

Are you getting an error message when using SK tools?

Negative. It seems that all is OK but after soft reset the cache path has not changed, remains on its original place in the Main Memory:

Windows\Profiles....

Thank you for your quick reply!

Guest The Real Mc Coy

And if you modify these reg keys :

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\ie]

"History"="\\Windows\\Profiles\\guest\\History"

"Cookies"="\\Windows\\Profiles\\guest\\Cookies"

"Cache"="\\Windows\\Profiles\\guest\\Temporary Internet Files"

?

Guest xdalover
And if you modify these reg keys :

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\ie]

"History"="\\Windows\\Profiles\\guest\\History"

"Cookies"="\\Windows\\Profiles\\guest\\Cookies"

"Cache"="\\Windows\\Profiles\\guest\\Temporary Internet Files"

?

just use advance configuration tool 3.3.........and modify LOCATIONS

Thank you as well.... I've tested both suggestions and......I regret to say you that they don't work.

When soft reset, it seems as if the System re-writes the modified registers with the default value. Very strange behaviour! It seem impossible to change the original configuration .... :)

Guest The Real Mc Coy
Thank you as well.... I've tested both suggestions and......I regret to say you that they don't work.

When soft reset, it seems as if the System re-writes the modified registers with the default value. Very strange behaviour! It seem impossible to change the original configuration .... :)

A solution could be to create a reg file with the desired values and use Mortscript to write them in the registry at start...

Guest Neil5459
A solution could be to create a reg file with the desired values and use Mortscript to write them in the registry at start...

Is there any compelling reason to do this?

How much do you rely on a large browser cache?

We know the TG01 has some dodgy SD card power management issues, and even older stable devices can become problematic when system files such as browser caches, and messaging storage is moved to a storage card, due to the delay in initialising the card File System during system startup.

Guest xdalover
Is there any compelling reason to do this?

How much do you rely on a large browser cache?

We know the TG01 has some dodgy SD card power management issues, and even older stable devices can become problematic when system files such as browser caches, and messaging storage is moved to a storage card, due to the delay in initialising the card File System during system startup.

You are right, it's better leaving cache on main memory....but...it's annoying that I can't do one thing that I used to do in former devices without problem.....