[Project Ended] Lioryte Base DC22/DF14 28240 mortscript 4.3β Free:~170MB 16MB PagePool

Guest lioryte

Guest lioryte
Thanks for the help. Out of curiosity, why did you go with 23670 instead of 23563? Does 23670 have the strange behavior regarding menus not scrolling correctly that was mentioned in this post:

http://www.modaco.com/content-page/292875/...ool/page/1786/#

Do you like 23670?

Dennis

23670 was the most up-to-date the time it came out, so that's why I used it. It's not COM5 (threaded email) it's the LG branch but I had good results with it and so I decided to go with it. It's also the first one I cooked for DC20 I had to build a new kitchen so it's not 100% trimmed

23563 is COM5, I build it but COM5 is at an end. I have the same issue while scrolling with 23563/68/69. It's like as though the FTouch .dll isn't taking in the building process. I guess there is a reason as to why this branch is no more.

23128 has the newest AKU 5308 and so I picked it. When new builds come out I pick and choose the ones that are the most current.

With that being said, I might get 25021 which is a Sonny branch. I also like it with the samsung default scrolling I might just leave it I like giving my fingers a rest while scrolling... :)

Guest ibrubeer
23670 was the most up-to-date the time it came out, so that's why I used it. It's not COM5 (threaded email) it's the LG branch but I had good results with it and so I decided to go with it. It's also the first one I cooked for DC20 I had to build a new kitchen so it's not 100% trimmed

23563 is COM5, I build it but COM5 is at an end. I have the same issue while scrolling with 23563/68/69. It's like as though the FTouch .dll isn't taking in the building process. I guess there is a reason as to why this branch is no more.

23128 has the newest AKU 5308 and so I picked it. When new builds come out I pick and choose the ones that are the most current.

With that being said, I might get 25021 which is a Sonny branch. I also like it with the samsung default scrolling I might just leave it I like giving my fingers a rest while scrolling... :)

Sorry man! I actually meant for that question to go to jlc0005. You had already shared much of that information with me when I asked you a little while back. (didn't want you to think that I have severe short term memory loss or something) [;^)

At any rate, it sounds like each of those 3 DC22 roms have a bug or 2 in them. Just trying to decide which one I want to go with before I spend time flashing and then fine tuning them only to find out that I don't like it. Sorry, I don't know what AKU 5308 is. I could probably scour the boards and find that, but just don't have the time right now. I will do that though, when it becomes important enough to me, I guess.

Where do I find this information that applies to what each build looks like (LG vs. COM5 vs. Sonny branch)? I realize that this is pretty much a "back to basics" question. Sorry. Just curious as to how to crack that code. Once again, thanks for taking the time to write back.

Guest lioryte
Sorry man! I actually meant for that question to go to jlc0005. You had already shared much of that information with me when I asked you a little while back. (didn't want you to think that I have severe short term memory loss or something) [;^)

At any rate, it sounds like each of those 3 DC22 roms have a bug or 2 in them. Just trying to decide which one I want to go with before I spend time flashing and then fine tuning them only to find out that I don't like it. Sorry, I don't know what AKU 5308 is. I could probably scour the boards and find that, but just don't have the time right now. I will do that though, when it becomes important enough to me, I guess.

Where do I find this information that applies to what each build looks like (LG vs. COM5 vs. Sonny branch)? I realize that this is pretty much a "back to basics" question. Sorry. Just curious as to how to crack that code. Once again, thanks for taking the time to write back.

NP at all. All the builds look alike. changes are super minor nothing major really for a long time. COM5 has threaded email though, I'd go with 23563 for now the scrolling issue is really a minor issue (to me at least). look in post 1 for more clues :) More important: what beer u bru?

Guest ibrubeer
NP at all. All the builds look alike. changes are super minor nothing major really for a long time. COM5 has threaded email though, I'd go with 23563 for now the scrolling issue is really a minor issue (to me at least). look in post 1 for more clues :) More important: what beer u bru?

Thanks for the advice. I had been leaning towards 23563. I think I know what you are talking about with the scrolling. I'll see how I like it. I can't imagine it would be that big of a problem. I mostly want a stable environment. I run SPB Mobile Shell anyways.

I seem to prefer British Ales, Belgian Ales, and a few other particular styles that strike my fancy. I just brewed an American Brown Ale last week. It's a clone of Moose Drool by Big Sky Brewing, called Digby Drool in honor of my old Golden Retriever. I need to brew again next week. On the schedule is a nice Bavarian Hefeweizen that I have brewed a couple of times already. Got to love a nice German Hefe! You can see with that schedule...there is hardly enough time to flash my omnia back and forth a couple of times, work a full time job, and still ENJOY the beer! [;^) Pretty soon it will be cool weather, and that just BEGS for a nice Porter or Irish Stout.

Guest jlc0005
Thanks for the help. Out of curiosity, why did you go with 23670 instead of 23563? Does 23670 have the strange behavior regarding menus not scrolling correctly that was mentioned in this post:

http://www.modaco.com/content-page/292875/...ool/page/1786/#

Do you like 23670?

Dennis

No problem. I went with 23670 because it was Lioryte's latest at the time. Menus scroll just fine. Emails, are a bit funky, but NOT difficult to navigate. Yes, I like 23670 and am still using it.

Edited by jlc0005

Guest OffGrid

Sorry to bother with this but I just cant seem to figure it out, but after flashing to Com5 and installing SPB 3.5.5 yesterday, I now have 2 battery icons on the taskbar (I dont have any screen shot tools )but this new battery icon is 1st in the row now and the normal one is before the time. Any idea how to get it off?

I like Com5 and I really havent seen any real issue yet, Thanks

Guest lioryte
I cant change the keyboard. I chose another one in the menu and it always switches back to the one that came when installed. Help!

That's why I cook IM Selector. It's in the main menu. pick your keyboard and SR. Should stick

@offGrid, sorry I have no idea I don't use skins

Guest djkswiss
That's why I cook IM Selector. It's in the main menu. pick your keyboard and SR. Should stick

@offGrid, sorry I have no idea I don't use skins

I always thought IM meant Instant Message, LOL never thought to try it.

Guest lioryte

Post 1 updated 23569 is ready for download.

Change log:

* Took FTouch.dll out, build is now with the original Samsung Scrolling- clicking sound is back but so is true kinetic scrolling which is easier.

* Added tweaks to enhance scrolling and touch sensitivity.

* Base is now 172MB+ of free space.

WM branch explanation at the end of post 1 has been updated as well.

This is the latest (and final?) COM5- Its unknown at the moment if any new builds will be out at all- and so I'll try and make 23569 faster and better, as well as building a real monster slim ROM (No IE, Titanium, Lockscreen, etc- plenty of free RAM :) ) and a non-phone ROM for the near future when the i910 will be a backup DVD/GPS/Gaming platform :'(

Later

Guest iandy1
Post 1 updated 23569 is ready for download.

Change log:

* Took FTouch.dll out, build is now with the original Samsung Scrolling- clicking sound is back but so is true kinetic scrolling which is easier.

* Added tweaks to enhance scrolling and touch sensitivity.

* Base is now 172MB+ of free space.

WM branch explanation at the end of post 1 has been updated as well.

This is the latest (and final?) COM5- Its unknown at the moment if any new builds will be out at all- and so I'll try and make 23569 faster and better, as well as building a real monster slim ROM (No IE, Titanium, Lockscreen, etc- plenty of free RAM :) ) and a non-phone ROM for the near future when the i910 will be a backup DVD/GPS/Gaming platform :'(

Later

Thanks Lioryte already download 23569 earlier today. Will try it later today.(Working on car)

Thanks again.

Edited by iandy1

Guest urphonesux
and a non-phone ROM for the near future when the i910 will be a backup DVD/GPS/Gaming platform :'(

Later

I'd be willing to test that for you if needed

Guest marioval

Can anyone offer any advice on adjusting my touch screen? The top half of my screen is a little off. I find myself having to click just a little bit lower than where i actually want to click. For example in the stock calculator, if I want to press the "1/x" button, I have to press the top of the "%" button just below it to get the "1/x" to register. The bottom half seems fine. Since the screen calibration is removed from this ROM i'm not really sure what to do so any advice will be appreciated. Thanks.... P.S. soft reset/hard reset does not help so i'm aware that the screen itself may be bad but if I could adjust the touch accordingly then I could compensate, you know what I mean?

Edited by marioval

Guest lioryte
... Since the screen calibration is removed from this ROM i'm not really sure what to do so any advice will be appreciated...

Screen Calibration is in the ROM, just not on startup.

Guest marioval
Screen Calibration is in the ROM, just not on startup.

How? I go to to Settings>System>Screen, then I click on Allign. The allign screen comes up. Then what? I try clicking on the crosshairs but nothing happens. I just assumed this is because the allignment feature was removed. In fact the only way to get out of the allignment screen is to remove the battery as the buttons don't even respond when i'm here. This has been the case with every Lioryte Rom version I have used??

Guest lioryte
How? I go to to Settings>System>Screen, then I click on Allign. The allign screen comes up. Then what? I try clicking on the crosshairs but nothing happens. I just assumed this is because the allignment feature was removed. In fact the only way to get out of the allignment screen is to remove the battery as the buttons don't even respond when i'm here. This has been the case with every Lioryte Rom version I have used??

This is the case with every i910 :)

Our device has resistive screen. To align it you have to use a stylus/ nail and PUSH. Just tapping won't do it. Also no need to move the battey you can always use the soft reset button which is the lill hole next to the power button

Guest OffGrid
and a non-phone ROM for the near future when the i910 will be a backup DVD/GPS/Gaming platform :'(

Later

I will also test that out for ya too! im about to get the New every Two and thinking about getting the i920 or the 8mp cam Android phone but I want to keep this i910 for just for those reasons!

Guest lioryte
I will also test that out for ya too! im about to get the New every Two and thinking about getting the i920 or the 8mp cam Android phone but I want to keep this i910 for just for those reasons!

Cool I'll keep ya in mind...

BTW for those who can wait a little more... the phones that are coming in Nov/Dec are rumored to have a duel core at a min of 1.3 GHZ and specs that will make the droid x look outdated :D

Anyhow, bump for update 23129

Guest jlc0005
BTW for those who can wait a little more... the phones that are coming in Nov/Dec are rumored to have a duel core at a min of 1.3 GHZ and specs that will make the droid x look outdated :D

Anyhow, bump for update 23129

I think I'll be waiting with you, Lioryte.

Guest kevkavalier

Hell, I'm waiting for a 4G phone period! Verizon 3G internet is to slow on the omnia. It's stupid to waste $200 on a 3G phone when 4G really is right around the corner. The ROMs here have kept me well entertained til the launch. Locked in a contract for 2 more years with a 3G phone? NO EFFING WAY!!

Guest lioryte

Post 1 updated with 23129 thanks to DFT

Release notes:

* Latest AKU 5308

* Reply issue is solved with this build unlike 23128

* OK soft button still not working in settings>personal>phone>Services, make sure to map a hard button for OK

Attached is the diffmerge file 23121 .Vs 23129 and the build report.

Report23129.zip

23129_Vs_23121.zip

Guest Chemit5
Hell, I'm waiting for a 4G phone period! Verizon 3G internet is to slow on the omnia. It's stupid to waste $200 on a 3G phone when 4G really is right around the corner. The ROMs here have kept me well entertained til the launch. Locked in a contract for 2 more years with a 3G phone? NO EFFING WAY!!

Agreed!!!!! If I am going to pay for an upgrade, I want a real upgrade.

Guest iandy1
Post 1 updated with 23129 thanks to DFT

Release notes:

* Latest AKU 5308

* Reply issue is solved with this build unlike 23128

* OK soft button still not working in settings>personal>phone>Services, make sure to map a hard button for OK

Attached is the diffmerge file 23121 .Vs 23129 and the build report.

Thanks Lioryte will try 25021 and 23129.

Read that those 250XX builds are very fast, but faster than 23129?

Well, will find out.