Best WM phone with qwerty keyboard

Guest andybarker

Guest andybarker

I am looking for a phone for the missus to replace her ageing HTC Wizard. Her must haves are:

1. under the screen qwerty keyboard - like a Blackberry
  2. GPS (uses TomTom)
  3. WiFi (when abroad to pick up emails, etc)
  4. Windows Mobile (Pro or Standard)
  5. looks "nice"
  6. reasonable weight (under 120g)
She quite likes the HTC Snap, but doesn't want to pay the £250 ish price tag. The Samsung i780 is nice, but I'm unsure about some apps working on a 320x320 screen. Samsung C6625 looks perfect, but has no WiFi (what were they thinking!?)

Any thoughts appreciated

Guest andybarker

Thanks for the response. The Diamond 2 doesn't have a physical keyboard though? This is the one I prefer to be honest, as I'm happy with the touchscreen keyboard for typing on my Diamond, but I want more visible screen when I'm doing that.

The Missus specifically wants a physical keyboard - she doesn't like the touch screen keyboard.

Guest powerupmobile

There is also the Samsung C6625 which is cheaper than the HTC Snap and the Samsung i780 at around £225 from Expansys. I also found this on Total PDA - http://www.totalpda.co.uk/HP/HP-iPAQ-Voice...enger.7543.html. It has one of those 20 key QWERTY keyboards which might work out. It is only £130 which is why I mention it. Personally I like the HTC Snap though.

Guest andybarker

We looked at that, and it looked a cracker.. then found it had no WiFi :) Pretty important when she is abroad for picking up emails.

Can't believe they didn't include WiFi on that.

Guest powerupmobile
We looked at that, and it looked a cracker.. then found it had no WiFi :) Pretty important when she is abroad for picking up emails.

Can't believe they didn't include WiFi on that.

Your're right. Would be perfect otherwise, you could have got it a lot cheaper on Play.com I have noticed too.

Guest andybarker
LG has some phones can meet your demands. But sorry I can't remember the phone models. I remember these phones are black-berry-alike. qwerty keyboard and looks nice.

Never thought of looking at LG. They do have a nice looking one GW550, but again it has no WiFi on it. Shame.

The missus often travels abroad, and so it is much more sensible / cost effective to sync emails using WiFi somewhere rather than using mobile networks.

Guess I keep looking :) Thanks for the help everyone.

Guest andybarker

Nice 'little' phone. Keyboard isn't for people with big fingers, but is fine for the missus.

Not got GPS working yet, but I have read that it can be a bit peculiar on this device.