Question about flashing

Guest DiPalma

I have been trying to flash some of the 6.5 roms and I have not been able to yet. Luckily I have been able to flash back to the CF03 from verizon and get my phone back up from failed attempts. Now my questions are as follows;

1- Under the select platform, do you leave it as default? sch-i910 (WM6.1)(DPRAM) or any the other. Now I realize that it says 6.1 there but have not seen mentioned anywhere that you need a different tool to flash the roms.

2-The ROM's that I have downloaded come with a .7z extension, now I realize that this needs to be changed to .bin or just remove the part up to where the .bin. Is there anything else that I need to do?

I select the pda option browse to where the .bin rom is it loads, the device its detected but I keep getting a .bin error and the flashing just hangs there. Please someone help me out here.

Guest blazingwolf
I have been trying to flash some of the 6.5 roms and I have not been able to yet. Luckily I have been able to flash back to the CF03 from verizon and get my phone back up from failed attempts. Now my questions are as follows;

1- Under the select platform, do you leave it as default? sch-i910 (WM6.1)(DPRAM) or any the other. Now I realize that it says 6.1 there but have not seen mentioned anywhere that you need a different tool to flash the roms.

2-The ROM's that I have downloaded come with a .7z extension, now I realize that this needs to be changed to .bin or just remove the part up to where the .bin. Is there anything else that I need to do?

I select the pda option browse to where the .bin rom is it loads, the device its detected but I keep getting a .bin error and the flashing just hangs there. Please someone help me out here.

1. Make no changes to the setup of UMDL.

2. Download 7zip and unzip the ROM. It will then be a bin file.

Follow the directions that are in each ROMs first post.

Guest Chapster

This is a 7-Zip Compressed File

http://www.7-zip.org/

Decompress the file then flash

AHH!!!!!! donkey me lol thanks guys!!! heh I should consider myself lucky I didnt mess up my phone for good. I will do it tomorrow and let you know if I found any problems but I doubt it thanks again for the quick replies!