Best Radio for T-Mobile

Guest coercri

I have upgraded my G2 to the latest generic Hero ROM 2.73.405.5 and Radio 63.18.55.06EU_6.35.06.18, but is this radio the best for TMobile in the UK? I (and a friend) are having the data signal drop off for no reason and I was wondering if an earlier version (as listed on this forum) gave any better results?

All help would be grateful.

I have upgraded my G2 to the latest generic Hero ROM 2.73.405.5 and Radio 63.18.55.06EU_6.35.06.18, but is this radio the best for TMobile in the UK? I (and a friend) are having the data signal drop off for no reason and I was wondering if an earlier version (as listed on this forum) gave any better results?

All help would be grateful.

That could also depend on a number of factors not related to the radio firmware.

First of all, coverage. Was the G2 dropping the link before upgrading the radio fw?

In the same are are other handset having "normal operations"?

Is the G2 officially in the TMUK offering? In this latter case there should have been some "network tuning" from the operator, as well as handset tests.

That could also depend on a number of factors not related to the radio firmware.

First of all, coverage. Was the G2 dropping the link before upgrading the radio fw?

In the same are are other handset having "normal operations"?

Is the G2 officially in the TMUK offering? In this latter case there should have been some "network tuning" from the operator, as well as handset tests.

G2 was dropping the link before, the new update has made it better, but not right (for me and others in my area and other areas).

Other handsets are fine and showing 3 bars of HSPA.

Yes, G2 is official T-Mobile UK.

Guest Stevie B

I had TERRIBLE reception with my G2 at home and in my local area. With every radio update that came out, I saw a marked improvement! I am currently using the latest radio and can now use HSDPA at home as well as having 2 to five bars of signal, whereas before I would suffer several hours of no signal. So it has to be a no-brainer!

I had TERRIBLE reception with my G2 at home and in my local area. With every radio update that came out, I saw a marked improvement! I am currently using the latest radio and can now use HSDPA at home as well as having 2 to five bars of signal, whereas before I would suffer several hours of no signal. So it has to be a no-brainer!

Which version have you installed?

Could you check your sim card I've been trying to get someone to shed some light on this for days.

I think the problem is the sim id the wrong style for the g2 if you look the hero has 8 contacts yet it seems my supplied sim has only 6.

simfz.th.jpg

Could you check your sim card I've been trying to get someone to shed some light on this for days.

I think the problem is the sim id the wrong style for the g2 if you look the hero has 8 contacts yet it seems my supplied sim has only 6.

simfz.th.jpg

I don't know if it is right or wrong, but it looks the same as yours. I thought SIM's were a set standard within the mobile world?

Went to T-Mobile shop they said they only do one type of sim. But alas they're useless so there could be 2 types.

Sorry to say but the only common factor is I've only spoke to women. Lol.

im upgraded to the latest radio and on t-mobile and noticed my data connection keeps dropping badly. never had this problem on the earlier radios. i need to go back to a earlier radio

I've taken the plunge and downgraded to radio 63.18.55.06_6.35.05.31 and it seems a little better - certainly not dropping like like it did before, but still not perfect.

Let's hope the radio is part of what it being updated next week.

Guest Captain Jasper
I've taken the plunge and downgraded to radio 63.18.55.06_6.35.05.31 and it seems a little better - certainly not dropping like like it did before, but still not perfect.

Let's hope the radio is part of what it being updated next week.

I had radio issues on the G2 on T-mobile and agree with Stevie B that each radio update seems to have improved things. I installed No Signal Alert and that gave me an idea of when the signal dropped out completely so I know it did improve.

My general impression is the G2/Hero isn't great in the radio dept. If I compare my wireless and hsdpa connectivity compared to my Nokia N97 then the N97 blows away the Hero. However, the Hero/G2 is definately the coolest phone I have ever owned and I am fortunate that the signal issues are not as bad as they once were.

Keep the faith :)