Organisation contacts showing as (Unknown) in call mode

Guest Stomski

I have companies stored in my google contacts as having no name, but having the company listed in the organisation field only. I use this for restaurants, etc.

In my google contacts online, or in the People(contacts) list on the phone they are listed fine.

However, when I go to make a call, these are only listed as "(Unknown)", I can't even search for them. So I have to find the business through the people app and call from there.

Anyone know a fix for this? Is this phone app HTC specific, or is this an Android issue?

I'm running the HTC Generic 2.73.405.5.

Ta.

Anyone know a fix for this? Is this phone app HTC specific, or is this an Android issue?

I think that it is a problem with the HTC People application. I have similar issues with Company names in Outlook Contacts that are synchronised to the Hero. However, I discovered that I can search for the company name if there is nothing in the Name field. One problem may be that the HTC People application does not have a field which directly matches the Company field - where Outlook contacts have a Company name, the People app has Organization: Work: [Company Name].

I have found that the application aTAKEphONE, which is a dialler replacement, can search in this field but is has to index it first.

I have to say that after many years of Palm OS devices, including most recently a Treo 650, the Hero's (and Android's) PIM features are a bit underdeveloped.