UK Tmobile Build - Whats The Difrrences Really ?

Guest ccsnet

I asked this question on the Tmobile forums as it would help me hypathetically compaire the base HTC build to theirs....

Sooo here is what I think the differences are...

Boot screen ( I think there is an extra sequence ???? ) and that anoying startup at full volume ( whats with that )

Some Tmobile ring tones

A Tmobile web link URL on the home screen

Probably some predefined network settings / OTA lookups etc so they can control updates

....but thats about it..... some one mentioned some Tmobile apps but I truley cant see any thing that is not included as part of the OEM build.

Terran

Guest CitizenLee
Bump - any one ??? I'm trying to weigh this situation up and I think others may benefit even if its agreeing with me.....

Terran

My G2 Touch came as you described.

-extra bootscreen

-mega loud boot sound

-web n walk widget

-some ringtones

-APN settings

I didn't get any T-Mob apps, but I think the peeps in the US get some extras.

http://apps.t-mobile.com/

I'm just away to see if I can get them on my UK model. Will report back as soon as I have anything to er, report :)

Edited by CitizenLee

Guest CitizenLee

Ok, so I got the emails with the d/l links but when I click them it says not found on Market. Must be locked to specific regions. I then tried Market Enabler and no dice there either :)

Maybe someone in the US confirm if these work?

Guest raburgess
Ok, so I got the emails with the d/l links but when I click them it says not found on Market. Must be locked to specific regions. I then tried Market Enabler and no dice there either :)

Maybe someone in the US confirm if these work?

Is it alright if you share your APN settings as I had the stock T-Mobile Rom but since updating my MMS don't seem to send. Also what is the default homepage as this has also changed and I did find it very useful

Guest CitizenLee
Is it alright if you share your APN settings as I had the stock T-Mobile Rom but since updating my MMS don't seem to send. Also what is the default homepage as this has also changed and I did find it very useful

MMS on my phone has always been weird mate, even on the original ROM.

My girlfriend has a Sony Ericsson on Voda and if she sends me a MMS I get notification I have one, but it wont let me download it, then about 24hrs later it comes through ok. If I send one to her sometimes she gets it, but sometimes she doesn't.

My friend at work has an iPhone on O2 and he doesn't receive my MMS but I do receive any he sends me within about 5 minutes.

Very weird... I keep meaning to call T-Mob about it actually.

If you Google "T-Mobile UK APN settings HTC Hero" then you should find what you're after. Although I have never had to re-do mine and I've flashed and wiped numerous times.

You can customise the homescreen by adding the apps and widgets you want. Just click the + sign at the bottom right, or long press on blank area of the screen.

Guest raburgess
You can customise the homescreen by adding the apps and widgets you want. Just click the + sign at the bottom right, or long press on blank area of the screen.

Thanks for the info, but in terms of the homepage, I meant the browser homepage. It was a default t-mobile page. I've googling every possibility and can't find it.

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks for the info, but in terms of the homepage, I meant the browser homepage. It was a default t-mobile page. I've googling every possibility and can't find it.

Hey dude try using www.t-mobile-favourites.co.uk as the 'official' browser home page :)