HTC Hero & Mac OS X

Guest cberthe067

Guest cberthe067

Hi,

I'm planning to buy a HTC Hero, but i read that tethering was not possible with OS X because OS X see the phone as a serial device, not RNDIS device, sending #99* to serial do not permit connection.

I would like to know if installing a MoDaCo Custom Rom will solve this problem and permit tethering on Mac OS X ? Are the custom Rom supporting French ?

I would also like to know if the HTC Hero sold by Mobistar in Belgium is a generic HTC Hero ...

I'm new to android device but not to linux, any help will be appreciated !

Thank you,

Guest surfsmurf
I'm planning to buy a HTC Hero, but i read that tethering was not possible with OS X because OS X see the phone as a serial device, not RNDIS device, sending #99* to serial do not permit connection.

I would like to know if installing a MoDaCo Custom Rom will solve this problem and permit tethering on Mac OS X ? Are the custom Rom supporting French ?

You're right, out of the box Mac OS X tethering is not possible. But when you install the MoDaCo custom rom you can tether via WiFi, also in OS X. In fact, just to prove a point I'm posting this reply from OS X tethered to a Hero via WiFi :)

Guest cberthe067
You're right, out of the box Mac OS X tethering is not possible. But when you install the MoDaCo custom rom you can tether via WiFi, also in OS X. In fact, just to prove a point I'm posting this reply from OS X tethered to a Hero via WiFi :)

Thank you for the answers, great that tether is working with custom firmware, it's a good point ! I have another thing to solve, i'm using this to sync with exchange http://www.nexeo.net/?p=93 , calendar and mail are working perfectly but i'm unable to sync contacts ! I tried different mail software to sync with exchange, and i'm always unable to access contact list !

Does anyone has a explanation or better a solution to this problem ?

Thank you for you help !