Where do you see the hero in 6months time?

Guest JamminJP

Guest JamminJP

Personally I see mine in the bin :)

I'm frustrated by the glitches and slow downs even running Paul's stunning rom

every time I show the hero to freinds who own iPhone 3gs's it lets me down! the Hero looks pants as it slows down, lags or just "xxx force close"

Do you think software updates will improve it enough to make me stick with it and not get an iPhone?

Don't get me wrong I really want the Hero to be the one, but I'm not sure I can stick this for 2 years now

The camera being total shite I can live with but the lag and lock ups I don't know about :)

every time I show the hero to freinds who own iPhone 3gs's it lets me down! the Hero looks pants as it slows down, lags or just "xxx force close"

Do you think software updates will improve it enough to make me stick with it and not get an iPhone?

Don't get me wrong I really want the Hero to be the one, but I'm not sure I can stick this for 2 years now

The camera being total shite I can live with but the lag and lock ups I don't know about :)

I think you've just got a lemon, there. Mine's a sim-free Hero and it just doesn't lock up or lag at all. Is yours a branded one by any chance?

I'd try and get it sent back for a replacement.

Guest JamminJP
I think you've just got a lemon, there. Mine's a sim-free Hero and it just doesn't lock up or lag at all. Is yours a branded one by any chance?

I'd try and get it sent back for a replacement.

its a car phone unlocked, non branded

Maybe I have to much loaded :)

Always done wipes with the new roms also.

I feel the same, for instance today I wanted to take down someone's email address and it took about 2 minutes to do it because the touch input crashed twice and on the lead up it was lagging, didn't want to do anything, etc.

I wonder how there can be a difference but my experience really doesn't seem to mirror other people's.

I think if its that frustrating you've either installed some dodgy app or just running too much stuff in the background. Mines a branded Orange and since installing the ROM I don't get any slow down or lag. The only apps that force close are the ones that don't work (i.e. I don't blame the phone). I have an task manager which I run now and then to close unused programme. If you don't do this I would recommend it.If it's still causing problems, get a replacement and see if its better.

Guest JonnyG_UK

I have just come from a Sony Ericsson K850i - please, tell me about your 'bugs'... :)

In comparison, the Hero is like some magic future phone against the K850i. I do agree - the Hero has its flaws, but what doesn't? The Hero's lag is inherent to its lack of power - so what it does with what its got is actually quite impressive.

I bought the phone (on what sounds like the same contract you have - Orange, 24 months?) knowing that by the end of those 24 months, I would be jonesing for the next big thing. Its the way of the world it seems.

John

Guest phillevy

Problems must be specific to your device - I'm running 2.0 modified with about 80 apps on SD and everything is smooth and responsive - I often pit it head to head with my wifes iPhone 3gs and it is more than a match - iPhone has better quality games but everything else is better on the Hero - in fact the iPhone seems quite basic to me now.

Edited by phillevy

Guest gavinfabl

I can trash any iPhone with my Hero. Using Pauls rom with my micro ad card partitioned so apps are on card and using Linux swap I have no issues. I use all the homescreens, Twitter , email, rss, weather all updating in the backgroud. I have added about 30 games and 30 apps too. My trick is if I know I have been using loads of apps I use taskiller free, and close some of the memory intensive apps like Browser or some of the games. Also once a day in the morning I reboot Hero. The iPhone 3gs does lock up and does not multitask to the same extent the Hero does.

Guest JamminJP

I think I might look at what I need on the phone and remove other software! MCR 2.3 is due out so prob time to wipe again :)

I just get a little frustrated at times with it, it is doing alot more than just a phone.

Thanks for the feed back, I know it can only get better!

I found a few apps that just didn't agree with my handset. I installed some bits when I first got it, as you do, and noticed serious problems so I went through and systematically removed the apps I'd installed, one at a time, rebooted and re-tested until I found the ones that were irking my handset (tune-wiki & task killer).

I know it's a laborious proposition but it works :).