ROM Upgrade for HTC Hero (Orange)_2.73.61.5

Guest AlThePost

Guest scubadoobpm
Update now available from HTC UK Support here.

My serial number was recognised and the download successful. No intention of installing it, mind. :)

Just spotted this too. I was holding out for it with my new orange hero, but ran out of patience and installed MCR2.2. So glad I did, I am really surprised at the difference as I'd expected it to be exaggerated. The version number is slightly different though. Anyone more savvy than me know if there are any real differences other than a bit of orange branding??

ROM Upgrade for HTC Hero (Orange)_2.73.61.5

Respect to Paul for all his fine work. I'll be sticking with his zips now that I've got my head round 'em!

Does anyone know if this Orange update is better/worse than the custom ROM from Paul? I've got the latter installed, no intention of installing the official one unless there is some huge advantage I don't know about.

Guest MossimoSan

Hi!

Heard a lot of good things about the Orange ROM update. Has anyone tried it yet? I've got an Orange htc Hero which was gifted to me by a friend coming from the UK, Its SIM unlocked but not too sure of what will happen if I update the ROM... it may revert to being SIM locked to Orange...

Any one facing the same predicament?

Hi!

Heard a lot of good things about the Orange ROM update. Has anyone tried it yet? I've got an Orange htc Hero which was gifted to me by a friend coming from the UK, Its SIM unlocked but not too sure of what will happen if I update the ROM... it may revert to being SIM locked to Orange...

Any one facing the same predicament?

Pretty sure flashing ROMs doesn't effect whether a phone is locked to a certain network. The 'lock' is linked to the phone's IMEI number. Flashing a ROM can remove (or restore) a phones branding, which is different. Happy to be corrected if i'm wrong!

Guest sameness
odd, i tried to install this but got an error msg along the lines of the, rom wasn't the correct one for my phone.

IM having the same issue. Anyone else, or anyone solved it?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Martyn.28

I’ve been using Latest Orange Rom for last 2 weeks and Pauls custom rom is still faster other than that i aint noticed anything special about the orange build.

Question is If Donut update is ota will Pauls Rom recive that as normal ?

Edited by Martyn.28

Guest Martyn.28
I’ve been using Latest Orange Rom for last 2 weeks and Pauls custom rom is still faster other than that i aint noticed anything special about the orange build.

Question is If Donut update is ota will Pauls Rom recive that as normal ?

I forgot to mention updating to latest orange ROM Un-Rooted the handset ......this was easy sorted by following pauls steps to root hero using the RA(File)recovey.

i'm using pauls latest rom working ok but HTC still have a few little issues to iron out some random issues with phone usage .ie contacts had wrong facebook profile pics .......sms delay.... Radio signal issues i very rarely get H even tho im in a high signal area...Also there is a option in most phones to have a 3G only setting Hero only setting really is 2G only now why would anyone wanna stay on 2G?

... i can go on but i wont ....still love the phone tho

happy days

kind regards

I forgot to mention updating to latest orange ROM Un-Rooted the handset ......this was easy sorted by following pauls steps to root hero using the RA(File)recovey.

i'm using pauls latest rom working ok but HTC still have a few little issues to iron out some random issues with phone usage .ie contacts had wrong facebook profile pics .......sms delay.... Radio signal issues i very rarely get H even tho im in a high signal area...Also there is a option in most phones to have a 3G only setting Hero only setting really is 2G only now why would anyone wanna stay on 2G?

... i can go on but i wont ....still love the phone tho

happy days

kind regards

I just got off the phone with Orange about message and call dropping issues and i also mentioned that in high signal areas i rarely get the H symbol, they said to me that is due to the fact that many high signal areas dont have that kind of technology yet, but they are spending alot of money in upgrading their network.