T-mobile G2 no Recovery mode...

Guest JayC_uk

Hi All,

First off to say thanks to you guys who are obviously putting loads of effort into these custom firmwares etc!

I have just bought a G2 and have gone through the steps of the "1-click" root. I have backed up current recovery and then flashed Cyanogen 1.4.

However, when i power the phone back on holding down the Home and Power buttons, the whole thing seems to freeze up at the "G2 Touch" screen. I have been holding them for more than 2 minutes and nothing.

I then have to reboot by pulling out the battery and it comes back into the standard T-mob ROM no problem.

Am i missing something here? could anyone please help me - i am desperate to get my root on!

Cheers,

Jay.

Guest krime2001
Hi All,

First off to say thanks to you guys who are obviously putting loads of effort into these custom firmwares etc!

I have just bought a G2 and have gone through the steps of the "1-click" root. I have backed up current recovery and then flashed Cyanogen 1.4.

However, when i power the phone back on holding down the Home and Power buttons, the whole thing seems to freeze up at the "G2 Touch" screen. I have been holding them for more than 2 minutes and nothing.

I then have to reboot by pulling out the battery and it comes back into the standard T-mob ROM no problem.

Am i missing something here? could anyone please help me - i am desperate to get my root on!

Cheers,

Jay.

Ditto... i thought i was doing something wrong, but maybe we both are. Not sure if it's a T-Mobile thing or what.

Guest Captain Jasper
Ditto... i thought i was doing something wrong, but maybe we both are. Not sure if it's a T-Mobile thing or what.

have you put the recovery rom on the sdcard?