Storm's ROM - Version 13.1

Guest Rob Storm

Guest jlc0005

I'm currently on 23511 and all is good and stable. Is 23515 much better in terms of speed or touch sensitivity? Any compelling reasons to update?

Thanks!

And thanks for all your work, Rob!

Merry Christmas everyone!

Edited by jlc0005

Guest thedeathofme

OK first let me say Merry Christmas to all you guys.

Next... I hope I don't sound like an idiot, but what is the difference with the "Com 5 Branch" versions of your ROM as apposed to the ones in the first post that I have been using?

Hey kdkinc, did you know my sister or brother in-law from Kimberly's ? Just thought I'd ask cause you asked if that was the place them never commented back

Guest tnarg815

Good morning all. Merry xmas. My Omnia died a horrible death this morning. I flashed it to version 12 28014 and so far it is one of the best roms yet. I was wondering if there is a way to get 4 rows of icons instead of the standard 3? I dont want to do something and mess up a good thing.

OK first let me say Merry Christmas to all you guys.

Next... I hope I don't sound like an idiot, but what is the difference with the "Com 5 Branch" versions of your ROM as apposed to the ones in the first post that I have been using?

Hey kdkinc, did you know my sister or brother in-law from Kimberly's ? Just thought I'd ask cause you asked if that was the place them never commented back

Hi:

I really can't explain the differences but I used 23511 for quite awhile and was happy with it.

Being a flashaholic I the went to Storm's other branch and used it for a week then flashed to 23515 yesterday.I have been messing with various programs and haven't found any faults(THANK YOU STORM )

I guess the question should be . why should I flash ??? Because its there!!

Re: kimberly's only as a customer. I knew Bob and Margaret H. slightly better before the loss of Bob

Hope the answer helps

:) ;)

Guest thedeathofme
Hi:

I really can't explain the differences but I used 23511 for quite awhile and was happy with it.

Being a flashaholic I the went to Storm's other branch and used it for a week then flashed to 23515 yesterday.I have been messing with various programs and haven't found any faults(THANK YOU STORM )

I guess the question should be . why should I flash ??? Because its there!!

Re: kimberly's only as a customer. I knew Bob and Margaret H. slightly better before the loss of Bob

Hope the answer helps

Oh cool, wasn't sure if the com 5's were a totally different rom or not.

Small world about Kimberly's

Just noticed my WiFi doesn't work at all with this ROM. I didn't really use it too much but I'd like to have everything working if I could. Also does anyone have Google Maps 3.3.1 working on this ROM I know other cooked ROM's have had issues

Edited by thedeathofme

Guest eclsnowman

Anybody else having the sound stop while playing audio for a long time. I had this issue with MrCapcoms 28014 and Rob Storms.

For some background I have SRS WOW installed, and the problem happens when playing music (Audio books while traveling) in S2P V0.73b. I also have S2U2 V2.22 installed and S2P is playing while S2U2 has the phone locked. I listen to audio books through the phone speaker. Audio just stops comming out the speaker even though S2P thinks it is still playing. Once the sound stops no systems sounds work, ie media player, core player, youtube etc. I have to soft reset to fix. Other than this problem I have found 28014 to be an amazing rom, stable, fast, pretty much perfect.

Could the problem be SRS WOW over driving the speaker and overloading the circuitry (thermal shutdown on the speaker circuitry)? I never had this problem before, I am really grasping at straws here. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Happy holidays everyone.

Guest PatFergie
Good morning all. Merry xmas. My Omnia died a horrible death this morning. I flashed it to version 12 28014 and so far it is one of the best roms yet. I was wondering if there is a way to get 4 rows of icons instead of the standard 3? I dont want to do something and mess up a good thing.

If you go to Lioryte's thread, check out Post #779. Someone came up with a 4 row that you can use.

Guest arizonaomnia

Storm,

I love this ROM. The lock screen is sweet and I love what you've done with the dialer. I do have some questions -

1. Is there a cab that will change the Titanium panel titles back to lowercase?

2. I am prompted for a registration key for Resco Explorer. I'm assuming I need to purchase it?

3. I use Elecont Weather. I imagine I will have to post this on the Elecont site, but just in case someone else with your ROM uses Elecont, I am seeing a problem where it appears to be unable to be used with 23515. Has anyone who uses it managed a fix?

Rob, I've been using your ROMs for quite a while. Just switched from your v12 (28014) release to your new 23515 (com5) release. I flashed and hard reset (a couple of times). However, I am finding certain software will no longer install. Gives me the dreaded:

Installation was unsuccessful. The program or setting cannot be installed because it is not digitally signed with a trusted certificate.

This didn't happen on any of your other ROMs so I am wondering if something was left out. I am going to redownload and reflash again and see if that corrects it, but do you have any other ideas?

Specifially, two of my more important installs that won't work are the Opera Mobile 10 beta 2, and SKTools. Again, these worked fine before.

Anyone got any ideas?

/Chimp

Rob, I've been using your ROMs for quite a while. Just switched from your v12 (28014) release to your new 23515 (com5) release. I flashed and hard reset (a couple of times). However, I am finding certain software will no longer install. Gives me the dreaded:

Installation was unsuccessful. The program or setting cannot be installed because it is not digitally signed with a trusted certificate.

This didn't happen on any of your other ROMs so I am wondering if something was left out. I am going to redownload and reflash again and see if that corrects it, but do you have any other ideas?

Specifially, two of my more important installs that won't work are the Opera Mobile 10 beta 2, and SKTools. Again, these worked fine before.

Anyone got any ideas?

/Chimp

Sk works great on mine same rom I don't like or use opera thought I may try later this week.

Just some input....

Sk works great on mine same rom I don't like or use opera thought I may try later this week.

Just some input....

Well, I am pretty much stumped, then. I just redownloaded and reflashed the 23515 ROM and then hard-reset. Still no difference, I can't even install SKtools without that error coming up. And this is right after the flash, and I don't have anything else installed except what is on the base ROM!

I'll try downloading SKtools and Opera Mobile 10 b2 again and see if updated downloads work.

Update: Well, I re-downloaded SKtools and Opera, and these versions worked! I am not sure what the differences were, but I guess somehow they got corrupted (even though they worked fine before). So everything is fine now. Weird.

/Chimp

Edited by Chimp

Guest nmayer79
Not really sure what might be causing the freezes. I will look into it further and see what I can come up with.

Oh, by the way, 2nd post updated with 23515. :)

Merry Christmas!!

differences between 23511 and 23515????

differences between 23511 and 23515????

I can see one visual difference - the mail app seems to have been enhanced. There is now a 'preview' option; also scrolling inside a message is MUCH faster.

Guest bluematrix64
23517 will be ready this evening. Just got back in town from a funeral.

Sorry for your loss my brother...

Thats cool... I've been using your version 12... Very stable. Love the "ring" ring tone. The kids roll around on the floor laughing evertime the phone rings!

I'll check out 23517 and test drive for a bit until version 13 hits...

Guest eclsnowman

Anyone having GPS Issues with 28014. Google maps and Igo Amigo don't like this build for some reason. To bad because it is wicked fast and stable so far. GPS issue and audio cutting out are my only grips so far... too bad they are some pretty big grips :)

Sorry for the newbie question. I was running BW's last rom and am getting the itch to flash. I read your post but can't figure out what the difference is for the two roms you are building?

Thanks,