Storm's ROM - Version 13.1

Guest Rob Storm

Sorry for the newbie question. I was running BW's last rom and am getting the itch to flash. I read your post but can't figure out what the difference is for the two roms you are building?

Thanks,

I think there kind of both the same but I like the 235xx branch better.

I guess you have to see which one feels better. I wish I could give you a more solid answer.

:) ;)

Edited by kdkinc

Guest pantsman

Yep, so far little to anything is changed between releases which is one of the things I REALLY appreciate and is the reason I actually stopped using BW's ROMs (liked his old black ROM but he stopped developing it and I didn't like the newer stuff).

The difference between the 1st post and 2nd post is just the build thread of windows mobile that he used. I use 235xx (still on 23511 cause I haven't heard a reason to change and don't have problems) but lots of people seem to use 28xxx as well.

Guest Rob Storm
Sorry for the newbie question. I was running BW's last rom and am getting the itch to flash. I read your post but can't figure out what the difference is for the two roms you are building?

Thanks,

Just different build labs. Basically same ROM in my opinion.

Guest rubadub234
Post 2 updated with 23517 (Com 5)

Post 3 updated with 23094 (Com 3)

Thanks Storm you keep feeding my addiction :)

any big differences between com3 & 5?

are you sticking with the omnia for a while or are you eyeballing an upgrade?

Thanks again

Thanks again

+1

;) B)

Guest Rob Storm

Thanks again

I will be keeping the Omnia. I may upgrade one of my phones to the Omnia II though. I enjoy cooking for the Omnia.

Hey Rob, just a quick curiosity question: Are you using Wozzer's kitchen? And if so, where are you getting the newer SYS/ROM files at? It looks like Wozzer stopped providing SYS/ROM files at 28008 or so. So just curious....

/Chimp

Guest Rob Storm
Hey Rob, just a quick curiosity question: Are you using Wozzer's kitchen? And if so, where are you getting the newer SYS/ROM files at? It looks like Wozzer stopped providing SYS/ROM files at 28008 or so. So just curious....

/Chimp

I use 2 different kitchens. Mostly I use Visual Kitchen but sometimes I still fall back to WoZZeRs. As far as the new SYS/ROM files, I always port my own. That way I can be sure of what I am working with. :)

Rob

Guest rubadub234

question - the start menu grid scene is locked as well as the start menu icons, is there anything i can do about it? I have a custom, single row start menu i use as well as an icon pack i cut and past into the windows folder but im locked out with 28205

thanks & Happy New Year everyone

Guest thedeathofme

Hey Rob...

I'm running version 12 and I haven't been able to get my WiFi to work. Is this a known issue, and their a fix for it?

Thanks bro, Happy New Year!

Rob, I am noticing a few things about your 23517 build:

• The alignment screen is showing at the startup of the ROM.
  • I'm getting the clicking when doing a kenetic scroll.
  • And the touch response seems really bad; almost have to hold a button for a second or two before it 'takes'.

I see fTouchSL (or whatever it is called) is installed so I don't understand why the clicking is happening.

Any ideas?

Guest Rob Storm
Hey Rob...

I'm running version 12 and I haven't been able to get my WiFi to work. Is this a known issue, and their a fix for it?

Thanks bro, Happy New Year!

I have fixed the WiFi issue in version 13. Much thanks to Lioryte and WoZZeR and Waremike32!!!!

Love it when the chefs work together. :)

Guest Rob Storm
Rob, I am noticing a few things about your 23517 build:
  • The alignment screen is showing at the startup of the ROM.
  • I'm getting the clicking when doing a kenetic scroll.
  • And the touch response seems really bad; almost have to hold a button for a second or two before it 'takes'.

Any ideas?
  • I had added the alignment screen back in for some testing.
    I am using Visual Kitchen now. I may recook with Wozzer's and see if that makes a difference
    Same as item 2

Guest andredabomb92
Using V13, noticed crappy touch response also... :)

same here, i think its because there isnt kinetic scrolling (idk why) i installed ftouch but its still not the same so im probably gonna flash back

Guest odeveca25
same here, i think its because there isnt kinetic scrolling (idk why) i installed ftouch but its still not the same so im probably gonna flash back

Im having the same issues with the scrolling, I tried to align many times and nothing, i tried going into program files Ftouch and nothing, tried BW manual calibration and still nothing, will try to reinstall ftouchsl again