Storm's ROM - Version 13.1

Guest Rob Storm

Guest odeveca25

Ok finally got kinetic scrolling to work, there must be a problem with the cooked version of of Ftouchsl on build 28205, i installed the cab version of Ftouchsl 2.10 and now its working flawlessly, no issues what so ever and recalibrated manual.

Im having the same issues with the scrolling, I tried to align many times and nothing, i tried going into program files Ftouch and nothing, tried BW manual calibration and still nothing, will try to reinstall ftouchsl again

Guest Rob Storm

I believe the problems with my recent release of 28205 have to do with the new kitchen setup I have been using. Can some of you please try the ROM in this post? I built it using my previous kitchen setup.

Please post your findings. I personally believe this will fix version 13.

Version 13 (28205) - Test Build

Guest jamesstone

Flashed to 28205 from yesterday. What I noticed was that in order for any of the drop down boxes to work I had to actually hit the tiny arrows and in File Manager to select an item I had to hit the little icon on the left hand side.

Gonna try the new 28205 as soon as it gets done downloading.

Guest Rob Storm
The new 28205 works much better Rob with the kinetic scrolling. Nice job!

Thank you for testing it. I figured the kitchen was the culprit. I'm just gonna have to stick to WoZZeR's tried and true for now. :)

I will be playing more with Visual Kitchen though to see if I can't fix the issues.

Guest Rob Storm
I believe the problems with my recent release of 28205 have to do with the new kitchen setup I have been using. Can some of you please try the ROM in this post? I built it using my previous kitchen setup.

Please post your findings. I personally believe this will fix version 13.

Version 13 (28205) - Test Build

1st post replaced with the new 28205 build. Thank you to everyone for testing!

Guest thedeathofme
I have fixed the WiFi issue in version 13. Much thanks to Lioryte and WoZZeR and Waremike32!!!!

Love it when the chefs work together. :)

Thats awesome, is their anyway to install a cab or something else simple I can do to get it working on Version 12? Everything else is working so perfectly right now thanks to you, and I really don't wanna flash again unless I have to. 

Guest Rob Storm
Thats awesome, is their anyway to install a cab or something else simple I can do to get it working on Version 12? Everything else is working so perfectly right now thanks to you, and I really don't wanna flash again unless I have to. 

Install this cab to device to fix disappearing WiFi on all Storm ROM's prior to version 13.

Happy New Year!

Storm_ROM_WiFi_Fix.CAB

Guest thedeathofme
Install this cab to device to fix disappearing WiFi on all Storm ROM's prior to version 13.

Happy New Year!

Storm_ROM_WiFi_Fix.CAB

Thanks for the speedy response Rob

Installed cab to device, restarted twice... still not working. Anything else I need to do?

Edited by thedeathofme

Guest Rob Storm
Thanks for the speedy response Rob

Installed cab to device, restarted twice... still not working. Anything else I need to do?

Go into the windows directory, run WlanLoader.exe, select "Unload Driver", wait 10 seconds, select "Load Driver". That should fix your problem.

Guest thedeathofme
Go into the windows directory, run WlanLoader.exe, select "Unload Driver", wait 10 seconds, select "Load Driver". That should fix your problem.

Got it!  Thanks again

Guest bluematrix64

Rob, I messed around with the 23517 build while waiting for 28205 and noticed the same touch screen crappy response as 205 had. Just FYI

Guest wdrake_98
did u tap the top task bar? after flashing and its gets to the windows screen u need to tap it and then it will finish loading up

OMG, how about I've spent over 1 hour trying to figure this one out.

I've got two Omnia's and I guess I just lucked upon this trick when it happened the first time.

But today, I couldn't do it again...

Storm...I really LOVE this ROM. Even like the cute Donate icon on 28014, but it doesn't work though.

Would it be possible to add this tip to the knowns issues section of the first post?

Nona

Guest Rob Storm
OMG, how about I've spent over 1 hour trying to figure this one out.

I've got two Omnia's and I guess I just lucked upon this trick when it happened the first time.

But today, I couldn't do it again...

Storm...I really LOVE this ROM. Even like the cute Donate icon on 28014, but it doesn't work though.

Would it be possible to add this tip to the knowns issues section of the first post?

Nona

Thanks for the feedback! Glad you like the ROM. As far as the Donation Icon goes, there was a bug in 28014. It works correctly in all future builds. I'm planning on using all donations to buy one more test i910 as well as an i900 so I can start cooking for it as well.

EDIT:: 1st post updated with corrected 28014 build.

Edited by Rob Storm

Guest WolfpackInCO

FYI in 28205, the samsung keyboard doesn't line up well with the bottom bar - cuts off about 1/3 of it. Not a big deal but thought you should know!

Also, it won't stay as the main keyboard. After each phone restart, it reverts back to swype...

Edited by WolfpackInCO

Rob (and anyone): Is there any way to get the 'new' Mail (Outlook) app that is in 23517 into build 28205? Can we just copy the mail app from the 517 build to the 205 build? Is it that easy? If so, does anyone have that particular version of the mail app?

/Chimp

Guest bluematrix64

Yo Storm, Is that lock screen of yours a "copyright" "trademark" of storm.inc or is that large pic style lock screen something cab'able to share???

Guest nmayer79
Here you go. :)

Custom_Lockscreen.CAB

Thanks Storm!!!! Been dying to have cab for that!! Great work on the roms, been stuck on your releases for past month at least, you da man!! B)

ps, would ask what the differences in builds are, (235xx vs 23205 vs 28014) and by all means if anyone has a detailed answer feel free but for real all i wanna know is what builds are you using for yourself now??

Edited by nmayer79

Guest leland_jr

Happy New Year!

Storm_ROM_WiFi_Fix.CAB

FYI, I'm using 23517 (v13) and have no wifi. I don't use wifi anyway as I think it drains the battery faster using wifi opposed to the cell radio, so not a biggie. However would be nice to have for wifi tethering purposes if I ever load up the wifi router program again.

So far so good, am enjoying it.