Storm's ROM - Version 13.1

Guest Rob Storm

Guest Rob Storm
that is actually too bad for right now, i use both of those and the cabs to install them don't work 100% where having these in your rom did work 100%.

Version 1.2 still has them in. :)

Guest Rob Storm
Hey, Storm!

Are you still out there? Haven't seen any posts for several days.

I'm really enjoying v1.3 and wondering if you're working on anything new?

I will be working this week on something new. I was out of town in Nashville for the weekend and took some time off from the computer.

Rob. :)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest smwoodward
Same here mine won't show up in umdl either, all the other roms are working fine but this one does not show up

apparently umdl doesn't like roms with numbers as the start. I put "flash" at the start of the file name and it shows up fine after that.

Guest Rob Storm
apparently umdl doesn't like roms with numbers as the start. I put "flash" at the start of the file name and it shows up fine after that.

Sorry about that. I totally forgot about the naming.

I am working on Version 2.3 which will be up soon. :)

Guest compnird

Can't even get UMDL to see the rom by changing the name. Looking forward to trying your 2.3 version.

Guest Dewain Robinson
Can't even get UMDL to see the rom by changing the name. Looking forward to trying your 2.3 version.

I got UMDL to see it by adding flash to the front and changing the file to a .bin. However UMDL can't load the bin after that.... so, no go on the install. Darn it... really wanted this one. Looking forward to your next version.

Just type in the path and file name manually and hit ok. It'll find the file and flash just fine. At least it did for me... don't quote me on this. But I had no problem doing it like that.

Guest Dewain Robinson
Just type in the path and file name manually and hit ok. It'll find the file and flash just fine. At least it did for me... don't quote me on this. But I had no problem doing it like that.

Just anybody else was having a brain fart like me.... make sure you extract the file first.... it is compressed and then add the word flash to the front of the .bin that it exports. This got it to install for me... I feel like such a NOOOOOOOOB!

Hey, Storm!

Welcome back. Any clues on what you're adding to version 2.3? I'm assuming it's still 23064 ROM

Guest Dewain Robinson

Storm....

You are awesome. I love the new ROM. I am really looking forward to seeing the next one. This one is pretty cool. The only thing I would like to see in it that isn't is the feature that Blazingwolf's has of turning the phone into a Wifi Router. That is a pretty cool feature. Let me know if you know where a cab is for that one.

Thanks,

Dewain

Guest Dewain Robinson

Storm... Just letting you know that I can't open any .jpg files on 2.1. I get:

The file 'filename' cannot be opened. Either it is not signed with a trusted certificate, or one of its components cannot be found. If the problem persists, try reinstalling or restoring this file.

Guest Rob Storm
Storm....

You are awesome. I love the new ROM. I am really looking forward to seeing the next one. This one is pretty cool. The only thing I would like to see in it that isn't is the feature that Blazingwolf's has of turning the phone into a Wifi Router. That is a pretty cool feature. Let me know if you know where a cab is for that one.

Thanks,

Dewain

Thank you for the kudos! Here is the cab I believe you are looking for....

http://www.modaco.com/content/i9x0-omnia-h...ternet-sharing/

Guest Rob Storm
Hey, Storm!

Welcome back. Any clues on what you're adding to version 2.3? I'm assuming it's still 23064 ROM

Just trying to clean it up is really all. New registry edits and the like. Cleaner theme (in my opinion)

Guest compnird
1st post updated!

Version 2.3. :)

Same Issue I am having on several other 23064 ROMs, Mute button does not work while in a call... I am trying some other dialers and will let you know what happens.

UPDATE: I used Techmaster's Carbon dialer for WM and it works. Thanks!

Edited by compnird

Guest Rob Storm
Same Issue I am having on several other 23064 ROMs, Mute button does not work while in a call... I am trying some other dialers and will let you know what happens.

UPDATE: I used Techmaster's Carbon dialer for WM and it works. Thanks!

Glad you like it! I will try to get with techmaster and ask him for an OEM package for the carbon dialer.

Guest compnird

Love your rom (2.3). Seems to be the one I will go with for a while. No oddball startup/shutdown animations and sounds. Basic theme with minimal overhead. Only thing I would do is remove the chfingermouse and tourchbutton apps. I use the Favorite (quick/easy) Settings for all of that and some. But that's nit-picking.

Only actual issue I am having is that GoogleMaps won't let me type, using the same install as any other 23064 build I've used and didn't have issues. I know this is a common issue and am looking for a fix now.

Good job!

Customizations I have made to your ROM: WM Carbon dialer I obtained from TechMaster, Shokka9's Glossy Black keyboard, MobileShell3.5, Favorite Settings, Opera 9.