HTC Hero - UK White?

Guest Zoom7000

Guest Zoom7000

Wow, been a long time for me posting here too. Haven't been around since I changed my employer and had to give my SPV C600 back! :)

So, I'm at a crossroads at the moment, deciding whether or not to go for the HTC Hero or the iPhone. I'm split between the 2 and everywhere I ask, the common consensus seems to be the iPhone is a more polished and maturer product. However, the Hero is a very promising phone and support for Android is growing faster than pretty much anything around at the moment. I was almost at the O2 store ready to get the iPhone after hearing about the lag issues on the Hero, but apparently the new firmware has sorted this and it is now the phone it should have been at release. Correct? Or am I wrong there?

Anyway, another issue is the phone model. I'd really like the white version of the Hero. Does anyone know where to get the white version in the UK on a decent contract? All the contracts I have seen offered by the major players in the UK are either the Graphite or Pink version or the T-Mobile G2 Touch Custom Black version. The only deal in white I have seen is at eXpansys UK.

Does anyone know of any other alternative contracts offering the white version?

Guest chucky.egg

We were talking about this in the pub the other day. A friend brought his iPhone 3Gs and stock-rom Hero, and I had my Modaco-rom Hero.

Another friend was looking for advice on which to get, and I think he pretty much went for the 3Gs. He got more unsure when he saw the speed of the Modaco-rom Hero though. I left before him, but I think it's a coin flip in his mind.

If camera is an issue to you, get the iPhone - snaps in the pub were awful on the Hero.

As for white Heros, try mobiles.co.uk

I just don't like the iphone, I find it really claustrophobic and annoying to use. it just doesn't 'do' what I want a phone to do. And the fact everything's tied through itunes narks me even more.

So far I'm finding the Hero incredibly open, very free, and I feel special with it because everyone I know has an iphone.

See if you can try a couple out, you won't know until you've spent some serious play time with each.