Google mail sync failure... again

Guest Roton

Whenever I try to sync Google mail it says "no connection". If I press retry it always says the same thing even though there is a connection. I'm currently using modaco's custom rom but this happened once before when I was using the new stock rom. The only way to fix it last time was a reflash. Since I don't want to flash my phone every week, does anyone know of any solution to this annoying problem?

Btw I typed this on my phone. How cool is that!

Edit: under data synchronization settings for Google it says "sync is currently experiencing problems. It will be back shortly."

Edited by Roton

Whenever I try to sync Google mail it says "no connection". If I press retry it always says the same thing even though there is a connection. I'm currently using modaco's custom rom but this happened once before when I was using the stock rom. The only way to fix it last time was a reflash. Since I don't want to flash my phone every week, does anyone know of any solution to this annoying problem?

Edit: under data synchronization settings for Google it says "sync is currently experiencing problems. It will be back shortly."

Just did the ROM upgrade and my phone is now doing the same thing. Before the update it sync'd with Gmail ok. I'm using exactly the same vodafone setup as before, the error message i'm getting is: 'Can't establish reliable data connection to server' P.S. I can connect to the internet with my phone and get into gmail that way but can't sync, also cannot access the app market anymore either.

Edited by dolanm