sound

Guest joint

Guest Dr Hotdog
hi, after installed the new rom (tks for this !!!) I lost the sounds when Hero starts ...

there is a way to have it ?

tks for help

Hi Joint,

Paul disables the boot sounds in his custom ROMs (I guess he finds them annoying) but they're still there, you just need to edit a configuration file to get them working again. The way I did it was to use the adb tools as follows:

adb remount

adb pull /system/media/bootscreen/boot_animation.xml boot_animation.xml
This remounts the internal storage of your Hero in read/write mode instead of read only and copies the boot_animation.xml configuration from the phone to your current directory. Now open the boot_animation.xml file in a text editor (Notepad,nano,emacs, etc.), change the lines with useAudio="0" to useAudio="1" and save the file. Finally copy the modified configuration file back to the Hero (overwriting the old one) with:
adb push boot_animation.xml /system/media/bootscreen/boot_animation.xml

That's it, next time you reboot your phone you should have the boot sounds back again.

BTW, you might want to change the title of this thread to something more descriptive like 'Re-enabling boot sounds with MCR' so that anyone else who wants to know about this will be able to tell what the thread is about.

Edited by Dr Hotdog