Going abroad and data sync

Guest scoobytwo

Guest scoobytwo

i'm going to Ireland, (ok so its not really abroad but under my mobile contract it is), for a week and i'm wanting to make sure i have all data syncing off so i'm not running up a huge bill.

Ive added a 30 day 3mb travel data plan which will do for a bit of bit of occasional browsing. But Data syncing its self seems to use 5 to 7mb a day so i don't want to get caught out.

So is it just a matter of switching "mobile newtork" off (hold down power button then select mobile network) or are there other sneaky wee hidden things i should be switching off as well?

When i do browse the internet i don't want all the programs that usually sync kicking into life to start downloading updates.

Edited by scoobytwo

... But Data syncing its self seems to use 5 to 7gb a day so i don't want to get caught out....

What are you syncing that uses 5-7GB a day!!!??!? Do you know how much information that is?

Guest scoobytwo
What are you syncing that uses 5-7GB a day!!!??!? Do you know how much information that is?

i havent a bloody clue. All i know is at the end of the day when i check my orange account the used data has gone up by that amount. I got a shock at first.

EDIT; ah wait a minute, typed gb instead of mb. DOH! Far too early in the morning to be thinking. :)

Edited by scoobytwo

Lol, yeah that make a bit more sense. Although still quite a bit. You can try Settings->Wireless Controls->Mobile Network Settings and turn off Data Roaming and Enable always-on mobile.

Any apps which check online for data turn down frequency of checking (email, weather and news etc). That should lower it a bit too.