Bluetooth issues with New ROM

Guest Russ-ST24

Guest Russ-ST24

Hi Everyone,

Is anyone else having MAJOR bluetooth issues since the ROM was released? I flashed the stock new ROM from this site first and then reflashed using the offical download from UK HTC and still have issues.

I have a Parrot MKi9200 car kit that supports A2DP. I also have a Jabra BT530 headset with A2DP.

Since the new ROM I am having random drops in the middle of voice call and the phone will refuse to reconnect to the car kit.

Toggling BT on/off/on does nothing I have to reboot my Hero before it will reconnect!

Other times I might be connected for headset voice but not A2DP and when I check the bluetooth on the Hero it shows "Connecting" next to the MKi9200 and I can not do anything. Again off/on BT and it might connect if I am lucky if not its reboot time.

Having similar issues with my BT530 Jabra headset with A2DP. May connect then it wont then its hung... Reboot.

I am so close to going back to my iPhone as this is major issue for me as I use Bluetooth pretty much all the time for music and calls and its getting very frustrating each time I get in the car.

I did log a call with HTC and their response was "Incompatibility with your car kit" ignoring the fact I have a headset too with similar issues, all of which were fine before the update. They mentioned a new ROM in a few months with major updates (I am guessing 1.6) and then said "In the meantime, I cannot offer you a permanent fix".

So my options seem to be 1) go back to the old ROM if thats possible although HTC said NO or 2) Go back to my iPhone until the next update.

I did upgrade my car kit to the latest firmware to see if that helped but nothing changed.

Any ideas or anyone else suffering BT issues?

Thanks

Russ

Guest piflechien

Here's a tip.

Reboot your phone.

Don't turn bluetooth on yet

Turn bluetooth on on your kit

Then turn on bluetooth on the hero

Wait a little it should connect automatically.

If it doesn't. Remove the device from the known devices list of the hero and re-pair it.

Guest Russ-ST24
Here's a tip.

Reboot your phone.

Don't turn bluetooth on yet

Turn bluetooth on on your kit

Then turn on bluetooth on the hero

Wait a little it should connect automatically.

If it doesn't. Remove the device from the known devices list of the hero and re-pair it.

Thanks for the tip, I can get it work most times by starting from the a clean boot with no BT on and then setting it up.

I went as far as a reflash of ROM and factory reset and flash of my car kit.

My issues is it should 100% of the time with no trouble. I really cant be bothered to have the hassle of sometimes it works. I spent so long using Windows Mobile with those issues and my iPhone just works all the time.

Real shame as I am really liking Android but I think I may have to shelve it until the 1.6 ROM upgrade and try it again.

Russ

p.s an example of a good bluetooth A2DP implementation is Apple (I know its not a full stack etc etc) but their A2DP stack stays in sync with Video via A2DP! I have not had any other phone manage that. Xperia / Diamond way out plus Android. Great for audio only but no use for Video.

I can live without this feature for Android but just saying :)

Edited by Russ-ST24

Guest piflechien

Heum sorry to disagree on the apple part.

Their A2DP management is really lame

You can't adjust the volume from the phone (so if your kit does'nt have a volume button like the sony ericsson IS800 you're screwed)

You can only use the play pause button on your kit, you can't skip track

If you start playing the music from the iphone the sound quality is crap (low sbc encoding), if you start it from the kit sound is good. or maybe the opposite i don't remember.

And the video is a little out of sync for me on several kit used ...

Now back to android. To get a fix for that issue we have to wait for a new release from HTC or go back to 1.76 ROM.

I don't think Paul can do anything about that.

Guest Russ-ST24
Heum sorry to disagree on the apple part.

Their A2DP management is really lame

You can't adjust the volume from the phone (so if your kit does'nt have a volume button like the sony ericsson IS800 you're screwed)

You can only use the play pause button on your kit, you can't skip track

If you start playing the music from the iphone the sound quality is crap (low sbc encoding), if you start it from the kit sound is good. or maybe the opposite i don't remember.

And the video is a little out of sync for me on several kit used ...

Now back to android. To get a fix for that issue we have to wait for a new release from HTC or go back to 1.76 ROM.

I don't think Paul can do anything about that.

Hi,

Always appriciate other options, to be honest I use A2DP on my iPhone with headsets only as my car kit has a dedicated ipod connector which controls the music etc. But when using my headphones videos are in sync and the music quality always sounds good, I have never noticed it to be an issue.

For now I am going to shelve the Hero and wait for a new update, back to iPhone for a while.

Russ