Problem installing Modaco 2.3 ROM

Guest Warspite

Guest Warspite

Hi there,

Currently, I’m using HTC Generic 2.73.405.5 ROM, but I wanted to install the latest Modaco's 2.3 ROM along with the latest radio for my Hero but it seems that I get an error in the process of installing patched recovery image.

This is the error I'm getting in command prompt when trying to install patched recovery image:

"fastboot boot cm-hero-recovery.img

downloading 'boot.img'... FAILED (remote: not allow)"

I read a thread about flashrec that was suppose to help me out but I still cannot figure out the way to do it.

I heard rumours that the latest official ROM (my current ROM) is yet to be rooted which prevents people from using custom ROMs, is that true?

Any help will be greatly appreciated! :)

Thanks, W.

Edited by Warspite

Guest AlThePost
I heard rumours that the latest official ROM (my current ROM) is yet to be rooted which prevents people from using custom ROMs, is that true?

Yup, but I know others have got round it using the solution you linked to, so have faith. :)

Edited by AlThePost

Guest Warspite

Is it worth trying to root my Hero through flashrec or should I wait for an easier way to root it and possibly install 2.4 or higher of MCR?

As I can see, you've got Modaco's 2.3, did you update it from the same version I'm currently on?

Guest AlThePost
Is it worth trying to root my Hero through flashrec or should I wait for an easier way to root it and possibly install 2.4 or higher of MCR?

I'm the wrong person to ask; I've always just done it as per Paul's original instructions.

As I can see, you've got Modaco's 2.3, did you update it from the same version I'm currently on?

Nope, from 2.2c.