HTC Hero Brodit holder finally on the way...

Guest PaulOBrien

brodithero.jpg

It's been a while coming, but the Brodit holder for the HTC Hero is on the way!

Brodit (distributed by DSL Developments in the UK) make simply the best car holders... and I am sure the Hero holder will be no exception - it looks a pretty crazy design! :)

The item is currently on pre-order, but i'll update this post (and grab one to test!) as soon as they start shipping!

Head over to this page for full details.

P

Guest Dr Hotdog

So based on past experience with Brodit you guys reckon this will be better than the Hero specific car kit from HTC (which no one has in stock yet either, it seems)?

Guest blueflash

do you need a holder? mine sits in dash board and with the nice angled back and coating dont slide or move at all love it :)

Edited by blueflash

Mine arrived! :)

Awesome quality, got a car mount for the new motor too, usual excellent product and excellend DSLDevelopments.com service! Pics to follow...

P

Guest Captain Jasper

brodithero.jpg

It's been a while coming, but the Brodit holder for the HTC Hero is on the way!

Brodit (distributed by DSL Developments in the UK) make simply the best car holders... and I am sure the Hero holder will be no exception - it looks a pretty crazy design! :D

The item is currently on pre-order, but i'll update this post (and grab one to test!) as soon as they start shipping!

Head over to this page for full details.

P

I received mine yesterday from DSL to fit in my VW Touareg. I'm very impressed with the quality and fitting was relatively easy - took about 10 mins.

Having had a number of different types of holders over the years this is definately worth the little bit more money. There are no sharp edges or flimsy bits of plastic and it is all solidly built. Fitting instructions were comprehensive with pictures to help.

There are two parts to the kit: one part fits to the car and then the second part, the holder that the phone goes in, attaches to this with four screws. The phone is held in the holder by gripping it at either side at the bottom. There are no clamps, springs or clips to fuss with, it simply slides in. As the holder can be swivelled you can get it into the position you want and tighten the centre screw to stop it rotating or you can slacken this screw slightly so you could move it around to face a passenger.

I can't comment on how it compares to HTC's own car kit/holder but I am more than happy with this one and would happily recommend it :)

Guest SabersKunk

I'll buy one once TomTom release their software for Android, until then I'll keep using my TYTN II for sat-nav (and the brodit holder I have for it).

I use 'mini move clips' with my holder so when I have different phones, I can just slide the appropriate mount on and off the car bit. Also means I can use 1 holder in both cars! :)

P