Stablest/Bug-free 6.5 Rom for Omnia?

Guest Omniakid

Guest Omniakid

Okay,

I know you'll hate me for asking this question, but I want to put a 6.5 rom on my Omnia, but I can't decide between them!

So I'm being a pain and asking which one is the best/stablest/most bug free? (In your opinion, of course lol)

Thanks and sorry!

Chris

Guest Omniakid
wait for 2nd October~

I didn't think they were releasing winmo 6.5 for the i900?

I'll have a look at the two suggested.

Another quick Q. Has the messaging interface (when you type sms and email) been improved in 6.5 cause it's pretty darn lousy in 6.1 lol

It's pretty much the same interface than in 6.1, but i guess you will have figured that already

by flashing.

It gets a bit more colored in latest builds.

Else as everyone has his own opinion of stable or not, give a try to 23047-23053 range.

Guest vermillionman
Try the ROMs by Sector. I'm using Zeus 23009 and it is fast and very very stable.

I agree. Ive used this rom for a long time, even used newer roms and always go back to this one. I would say its the best rom so far guys.

Guest vlodek
Okay,

I know you'll hate me for asking this question, but I want to put a 6.5 rom on my Omnia, but I can't decide between them!

So I'm being a pain and asking which one is the best/stablest/most bug free? (In your opinion, of course lol)

Thanks and sorry!

Chris

I use Khuanchai (UltraLite+M2DLite) base DXIF1 build 23016/21928 . Very good and stable.

Guest nixxss
Khuanchai's 23060 WM 6.5 ROM is the Best to date.

how fast is the messaging to open and also do reminders work.. as in the option to delay reminders.. this seems to have been dropped in the last 2 roms..

Guest PayAndCry
Khuanchai's 23060 WM 6.5 ROM is the Best to date.

That´s not true there is still a bug with the sms. When you close the message chat the phone lacks and you have to wait ages that the phone reacts :)

That´s not true there is still a bug with the sms. When you close the message chat the phone lacks and you have to wait ages that the phone reacts :)

Hmm tried shokka's 23047 "m2d", Khuanchai's 23060 and sector's 23049 "m2d" never had a problem with sms !!! May be because I use a different phone.bin "nordic" but I'am not sure.

23060 is the best version I've ever used. Battery time is ok in this one to.

Guest Omniakid
May be because I use a different phone.bin "nordic" but I'am not sure.

23060 is the best version I've ever used. Battery time is ok in this one to.

I've been having the freezing problem whenever I exit out of a message also. Can you expand on what you have said? If it is a fix, I'd like to know how I can do it also :)

I'm a noob with Roms though. Only just recently worked out how to flash lol. Mind you the only thing that took me so long were I was put off by all the disclaimers sayings "This may brick your phone" etc LOL

In reality, it couldn't be much simpler to update your rom.

i had the same question before i started to flash custom roms,, there is actually no real best fast stable roms available. it all depends on the builds that m$ releases and mostly on what apps u install and how u use the omnia.

each and every one of us here have a different best,fastest, most stable rom..

actually the stability of the roms dont depend mostly on the chefs making them but almost entirely on developers at m$, since the chefs do some "tunning" only, but those at m$ do the programming.

if u are looking for the best, fastest rom and most stable, i would suggest builds 23060 and up, but the bottom line is u have to flash it and try it for urself to see if it actually fits ur needs.

Guest skaynan

I've written it in Khuanchai's thread, but I'll repost it here as answer to the question what's the best/stablest 6.5 ROM:

"hmm... Guys, Kuanchai does not have his Omnia no more, And I didn't see him participating in this thread for some time now. Hope I'm wrong in this, but I suspect there's no new Rom coming from his kitchen :-(

And it's real sad, but then again- his 23064 Rom (+sms fix) is perfection. I've been using it since the moment he uploaded it, and it didn't crash on me once (!).

The touch response is unbelievably smooth, everything feels like a real finished product, not like a beta. Hell, it works much better (and has fewer bugs) then any official Rom ever released for the Omnia. Even the little things (Word completion works with Fingerkeyboard, Themes can be replaced without messing up stuff, etc) add up for a user experience way beyond what I thought possible with my phone.

Also worth mentioning is the fact that as far as I can tell, it's the first and only 6.5 rom in which I did never encounter the application auto-close problem. The way I use my omnia I could never reliably stream orb music to pocket player+ use Waze to avoid traffic jams+ call and recieve calls with Phoneex all at the same time without something unexpectedly closing in the middle. Oh, and all that with M2D installed. It's magic, guys. no idea how Master K does that.

So for the very first time since I got my Omnia, and after flashing over 20 different versions of cooked and original Roms, I think Khuanchai's 23064 is the cat's mew . That's the real deal, people. Do you really need 23067? this current version we have is pure perfection IMHO."

After I written this, Master K sayd he WILL continue to make ROMS for our Omnia. Very good news indeed! ;-)

Edited by skaynan

Guest forelli
Okay,

Thanks and sorry!

Chris

Don't worry, I won't hate you for asking this, I will just ask you to specify your needs, and eventually to change the topic title into something more like "Need advice in choosing a wm 6.5.0 or 6.51 rom".

What do you need? Stock rom with all apps, Ultralite with almost nothing, "Balanced", with some useful apps?

Just my 2 cent