Windows 7 and sharing internet connection from phone to my laptop

Guest cTn

Hi guys, there is an option in settings "Mobile network sharing" i guess this enable sharing connection to my pc right? problem is when i enable this, system find device as "android phone" but cant seem to find a proper driver, iv downloaded htc sync over the edge (ow maan what a pain :) ) didn't help, do you have any ideas how could i make this work? thanks

Hi guys, there is an option in settings "Mobile network sharing" i guess this enable sharing connection to my pc right? problem is when i enable this, system find device as "android phone" but cant seem to find a proper driver, iv downloaded htc sync over the edge (ow maan what a pain :) ) didn't help, do you have any ideas how could i make this work? thanks

I've not done it that way but if your hero is rooted you can use a program called "wifi tether" so the pc will use the hero as a wifi hotspot.

I've not done it that way but if your hero is rooted you can use a program called "wifi tether" so the pc will use the hero as a wifi hotspot.

Ow, thank you, i know this isn't proper thread to ask, but.. i have modaco custom rom 2.3, but i was replacing sim card and had some operator miss-configuration.. so i wiped all the data with the "custom boot application" don't know how to call, hell i have this phone only for 2 days now, what i expect :), and seems all the "custom" applications like wifi tether, spare parts are gone, is this correct behavior ?

Guest sveintore
Ow, thank you, i know this isn't proper thread to ask, but.. i have modaco custom rom 2.3, but i was replacing sim card and had some operator miss-configuration.. so i wiped all the data with the "custom boot application" don't know how to call, hell i have this phone only for 2 days now, what i expect :), and seems all the "custom" applications like wifi tether, spare parts are gone, is this correct behavior ?

Wrong thread, but I'll answer..

You should flash again, since the flash adds the custom programs to the memory you wiped. Wipe, then flash, other way round is not good.. :D

Wrong thread, but I'll answer..

You should flash again, since the flash adds the custom programs to the memory you wiped. Wipe, then flash, other way round is not good.. :)

install HTC Sync 2.0.4

Browse for driver manually under Program Files\HTC\HTC Driver\Driver Files\<OS Folder name>

edit: I added drivers for vista 32 bit, they should work on win 7 32 bit as well

inet_driver.rar

Edited by frcko

Thx for answers guys

sveintore - Ow so thats how it is, so when i am on custom rom, if i wipe all the data, i should also reflash the rom, thx i didnt know that

frcko - thanx man, works like a charm, i wonder why it doesn't cross my mind to do little search in HTC directory, but its strange that it didnt installed driver for network sharing automatically