T-Mobile G2 no data connection after ROM update

Guest dexterbip

Guest dexterbip

Hi,

I have a UK T-Mobile branded Hero (G2 touch) on the T-Mobile network.

I've tried flashing the new MoDaCo rom from the recovery image as per instructions posted here. Everything seemed successful but, after the update, I'm no longer getting a data connection. There is no HSDPA or 3G icon displayed in the status bar and no applications can connect to the internet.

I've tried the same process with the latest official HTC ROM as well, with the same results.

Rolling back the phone to a previous nandroid backup with the stock HTC firmware results in me getting a data connection straight away, so it's definitely not the network.

Any thoughts or ideas would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Guest dexterbip
In Wireless Connections, is your APN configured?

P

Access Point Names?

Ah, right. I just checked the settings between the old ROM and the new and, with the new one, there doesn't seem to be anything listed in the "Access Point Names" section of the wireless settings, whereas "T-Mobile Internet" is listed here on the old ROM.

So, it looks like that is the problem. How would I go about setting up the T-Mobile Internet APN on the new ROM, then? Is there any way I can import the settings?

Yeah I'm having the same problem.

One of the issues I have is that the T-Mobile settings has a two letter password in it and it didn't show up

:edit:

Found these and they work for me:

http://androidcommunity.com/forums/75593-post3.html

Hmm, infact they work to a certain extent. I seem to be able to send information, but not receive

Edited by keveh

Guest dexterbip
Yeah I'm having the same problem.

One of the issues I have is that the T-Mobile settings has a two letter password in it and it didn't show up

:edit:

Found these and they work for me:

http://androidcommunity.com/forums/75593-post3.html

Hmm, infact they work to a certain extent. I seem to be able to send information, but not receive

Keveh:

I ended up using the following:

Name: T-Mobile Internet

APN: general.t-mobile.uk

Left everything else blank/at default, saved and my data connection seems to be working more or less fine now. Haven't tried sending/receiving any MMS yet, which would appear to be what the bulk of the rest of the settings are for, but data is working.

Paul: Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Keveh:

I ended up using the following:

Name: T-Mobile Internet

APN: general.t-mobile.uk

Left everything else blank/at default, saved and my data connection seems to be working more or less fine now. Haven't tried sending/receiving any MMS yet, which would appear to be what the bulk of the rest of the settings are for, but data is working.

Paul: Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Yeah I ended up doing that as well, I basically copied everything off that page apart from the username and password. The MMS settings seem to have worked and I've received a test MMS.

• 2 weeks later...
Yeah I ended up doing that as well, I basically copied everything off that page apart from the username and password. The MMS settings seem to have worked and I've received a test MMS.

Had to do this too, thank you for the info