Any way to hard reset on Start up without a end button?

Guest X-Ray A4T

Guest X-Ray A4T

Hi,

a friend flashed his i900 with a new 6.5 firmware but his phone is now stuck on Omnia. We suspect a hard reset will solve the problem but his end button does not work since he got water on the phone. Can anyone help?

Thanks

Ray

Guest Zealster
Hi,

a friend flashed his i900 with a new 6.5 firmware but his phone is now stuck on Omnia. We suspect a hard reset will solve the problem but his end button does not work since he got water on the phone. Can anyone help?

Thanks

Ray

You could try taking it apart and replacing the buttons (it's pretty easy actually). Actually, if you happen to have access to another Omnia, you guys can switch the working buttons with his and use it to hard reset, and then switch them back. But if it's stuck on Omnia, usually you have to reflash.

Guest X-Ray A4T
You could try taking it apart and replacing the buttons (it's pretty easy actually). Actually, if you happen to have access to another Omnia, you guys can switch the working buttons with his and use it to hard reset, and then switch them back. But if it's stuck on Omnia, usually you have to reflash.

Tried reflashing and it did not solve the problem, maybe we could reflash to a different rom. He is currently looking at taking it apart and cleaning the button, possibly taking it to a service centre, the worry about that was that they might not cover the problem due to him flashing it to a non-samsung rom.

I don't think I really want to let him take my Omnia apart to fix his :)

Tx

Guest Nicklashidegard
Tried reflashing and it did not solve the problem, maybe we could reflash to a different rom. He is currently looking at taking it apart and cleaning the button, possibly taking it to a service centre, the worry about that was that they might not cover the problem due to him flashing it to a non-samsung rom.

I don't think I really want to let him take my Omnia apart to fix his :)

Tx

Just re-flash to a different rom.. should sort it. I don't think a hard re-set will sort it, it's in the rom.

Guest X-Ray A4T
Just re-flash to a different rom.. should sort it. I don't think a hard re-set will sort it, it's in the rom.

Could it be an issue with the rom on the particular phone? I flashed my phone and another friends with it and it works fine.